I've been hearing people talk about reparations for black Americans recently. But have reparations already happened?

Anomalism

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2020
I found an interesting video on Youtube. I had never heard of John McWhorter before, but he's a black ivy league professor and he insists that black people have already been given reparations, starting in the 1960s and 1970s.

I don't know if they have or not, but they shouldn't get anything.

There isn't a black person alive today, or their parents that were slaves. They didn't go through anything. And it's stupid to want free shit for something that didn't happen to you. Most blacks in America didn't even have slave ancestors but they act like they all did.

My family came from Ireland in the real late 1800s. We didn't own slaves so just because I'm white doesn't mean I owe anyone anything. Even if we didn't I won't be held responsible for something someone did a hundred years before I was even born.

But blacks just want free shit and excuses. They love excuses for why they are the way they are.

Indians don't run around always crying about slavery and oppression wanting hand out hands and excuses. Neither do the Chinese we worked to death by the thousands to build the railroads.

Hell yes! A job, for which I was far more qualified, was given to a black person. I've already paid my share.

I don't know if they have or not, but they shouldn't get anything.

There isn't a black person alive today, or their parents that were slaves. They didn't go through anything. And it's stupid to want free shit for something that didn't happen to you. Most blacks in America didn't even have slave ancestors but they act like they all did.

My family came from Ireland in the real late 1800s. We didn't own slaves so just because I'm white doesn't mean I owe anyone anything. Even if we didn't I won't be held responsible for something someone did a hundred years before I was even born.

But blacks just want free shit and excuses. They love excuses for why they are the way they are.

Indians don't run around always crying about slavery and oppression wanting hand out hands and excuses. Neither do the Chinese we worked to death by the thousands to build the railroads.
I listen to someone on the radio whose ancestors ran a station on the Underground Railroad. He employs a very apt analogy about how completely ridiculous he would look going to Canada and finding the ancestors of the slaves that his ancestors helped to escape and knocking on their doors and asking for reparations for the sacrifices made by his ancestors to help slaves get out of the country.

I found an interesting video on Youtube. I had never heard of John McWhorter before, but he's a black ivy league professor and he insists that black people have already been given reparations, starting in the 1960s and 1970s.

10 trillion and counting is enuff of that nuff

I am totally for reparations if we include the famiies of the 600k shot to pieces to free them

There is never any end to the long list of spending entitlements democrats wish to vote for.

It's simply what they do.

Next stop is stagflation and economic ruin.

I've been hearing people talk about reparations for black Americans recently. But have reparations already happened?​

Well, the government paid the slaveholders when they freed their "property". Is that what you're referring to?

Well, the government paid the slaveholders when they freed their "property". Is that what you're referring to?
Nah, I'm referring to what professor McWhorter points out in the video.

reparations are like covid cash. As soon as it is spent, people demand more.

reparations are like covid cash. As soon as it is spent, people demand more.
If it is not reparations, they will find something else to spend trillions on.

Spending is like crack to them. They are out of control and will destroy the country unless an intervention is forced upon them.

You shine a light in their eyes but there is nobody home.

They no longer have free will, just the uncontrollable drive to spend.

Forum List

Back