It’s Time to Unplug the Hype Over Electric Vehicles

Doesn't impress those that know you have to sit for hours charging.

Graphene supercapitors will take one or two minutes to charge. It's getting their capacity to a point where they can last as long as a battery. Interesting that Tesla bought Maxwell on 2019 but sold it in 2021, just keeping the dry cell technology.

Do you know what the future is? Supercapacitors and nuclear fusion. Fusion is going leaps and bounds, and you know what that means, bugger all waste. Batteries and windmills are 1700's/1800's technology.
I have been hearing how nuclear, fission, then fusion, was going to solve all our energy needs for over 60 years. LOL Expect to be hearing that for another 60 years with the same results.

However, one of the other important considerations is how powerful of a charging station do you need? Most electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles available today can only accept a maximum of 16 to 32-amps, while charging on a level 2, 240-volt charging station. However, there are charging stations available today that can deliver more power, even though very few electric vehicles can actually accept it.

With this in mind, why would you put in a much larger panel that most EV's could not use? And since most of us would be charging while we are sleeping, why would you need a faster charge?
Well that is easy.
Most homes today have electric water heaters. Electric ovens. Hot Tubs. Vacuum Cleaners. Fridge. Freezers. on and on. Many run 24 hours a day.
In rural areas it is extremely common to see a small home only have 50 amp service. Because they are mainly gas. Gas furnace, water heaters, stoves even gas dryers.
As well as over 40% of homes don't have a garage. Apartments on top of that.
Point being, EVs can add a LOT of cost to a LOT of people. Most of them cannot afford to spend $1000s on top of the price of the car.

I am not sure I would recommend charging inside your garage, while you sleep at the other end of the house. Outside might be a better idea.
Or, dont live in the hood where people put bars on their windows and get trapped in a fire

I dont see anything wrong with the concept of electric cars

but libs really dont care about engineering or economics

what they desire is winning and imposing their will on everyone else

Or, dont live in the hood where people put bars on their windows and get trapped in a fire

You can see that here.
I have said here more than once EV cars is the future. And I am OK with that.
But that doesn't mean there are not a lot of problems and cost associated with them that many-many-many people can't cover.
You take the 100 amp service in a home, I think some folks here think that means you can't add any device that pulls over 100 amps and not realize...no.. that is the total the supply can give period. You add a single device that pulls half that or more, you got problems.

I have been hearing how nuclear, fission, then fusion, was going to solve all our energy needs for over 60 years. LOL Expect to be hearing that for another 60 years with the same results.
Have a spy on YouTube, things are happening with fusion, check out the magnets they've made. When they harness fusion in a few decades, goodbye 1700's and 1800's technology.

Well that is easy.
Most homes today have electric water heaters. Electric ovens. Hot Tubs. Vacuum Cleaners. Fridge. Freezers. on and on. Many run 24 hours a day.
In rural areas it is extremely common to see a small home only have 50 amp service. Because they are mainly gas. Gas furnace, water heaters, stoves even gas dryers.
As well as over 40% of homes don't have a garage. Apartments on top of that.
Point being, EVs can add a LOT of cost to a LOT of people. Most of them cannot afford to spend $1000s on top of the price of the car.
Most people cannot afford an EV and that is why almost all the Tesla models production for the coming year is already sold out. Yessirree bob, that just makes a lot of sense.

Have a spy on YouTube, things are happening with fusion, check out the magnets they've made. When they harness fusion in a few decades, goodbye 1700's and 1800's technology.
A few decades. And at what cost? We can have all the electricity we need right now from solar and wind at a far more economical price than any other form of generation.

A few decades. And at what cost? We can have all the electricity we need right now from solar and wind at a far more economical price than any other form of generation.
So why does germany have to buy natural gas from russia?

wouldnt they just build more windmills?

Most people cannot afford an EV and that is why almost all the Tesla models production for the coming year is already sold out. Yessirree bob, that just makes a lot of sense.
What part of me saying EV's are inevitable do you not understand?
What part of over 40% of homes don't have a garage do you not understand?
What part of 39,000,000 living in apartments do you not understand?

All people are saying, including me, that this is going to create significant hardship on low-medium income folks who don't have garages, have older electrical systems, live in apartments etc. etc.

Jesus Christ the binary thinkers there are.

Same as the EV story, but you hold Tesla and Musk right up your colon.

Why mine and pollute the planet when fusion can give you proper clean energy? I know you're as sharp as a marble, but I didn't think you would be that dumb to miss that opportunity.

I don't see the electric car thing as winning anything, certainly not at this stage of the game. I am all for tech and always have been but not ready to embrace this tech for my own use. I don't even see it saving on pollution, only changing where it pollutes. Who know? It could be where we go in 30-40 years, but not in the next 10 or 15. They do not even come with or have a decent fire suppression system yet and certainly aren't the easiest to put out if you have a fire. It wasn't an electric care, but George Foreman had a garage fire, just from a charging problem on his golf cart, that I think he sued, over. Technology has changed since the old days of electro-lift lift trucks, where I have seen and been sitting on when batteries exploded, and pulled batter maintenance, including replacing cell. No, I'm not changing to a car or truck, that if the battery goes out, the loss, the cost is equal to a used car, I might be driving to replace it. Right now the cost is too high, with too low a benefit, the tech is not where it needs to be, nor the longevity and as I said, does not save energy or reduce pollution only changes the form and place, not presenting a real advantage. I guess I'm just old-fashioned, but can be happier without one than with one.

I don't see the electric car thing as winning anything, certainly not at this stage of the game. I am all for tech and always have been but not ready to embrace this tech for my own use. I don't even see it saving on pollution, only changing where it pollutes. Who know? It could be where we go in 30-40 years, but not in the next 10 or 15. They do not even come with or have a decent fire suppression system yet and certainly aren't the easiest to put out if you have a fire. It wasn't an electric care, but George Foreman had a garage fire, just from a charging problem on his golf cart, that I think he sued, over. Technology has changed since the old days of electro-lift lift trucks, where I have seen and been sitting on when batteries exploded, and pulled batter maintenance, including replacing cell. No, I'm not changing to a car or truck, that if the battery goes out, the loss, the cost is equal to a used car, I might be driving to replace it. Right now the cost is too high, with too low a benefit, the tech is not where it needs to be, nor the longevity and as I said, does not save energy or reduce pollution only changes the form and place, not presenting a real advantage. I guess I'm just old-fashioned, but can be happier without one than with one.
I think many libs dont mind if electric cars fail as long as they destroy fossil fuel first

then most people could only afford to ride the bus or subway which would thrill the left

I think many libs dont mind if electric cars fail as long as they destroy fossil fuel first

then most people could only afford to ride the bus or subway which would thrill the left
Oh, where is my little tin hat, little tin hat, little tin hat................................................................................................

You can see that here.
I have said here more than once EV cars is the future. And I am OK with that.
But that doesn't mean there are not a lot of problems and cost associated with them that many-many-many people can't cover.
You take the 100 amp service in a home, I think some folks here think that means you can't add any device that pulls over 100 amps and not realize...no.. that is the total the supply can give period. You add a single device that pulls half that or more, you got problems.
Not when you are pulling that service while you are sleeping

EVs are here

They are pretty cool and are becoming more affordable
The Flat Earthers who demand we pay homage to the God of Internal Combustion will continue to post threads about how Electric will never work and will destroy our Country as we know it will do their thing

But in ten years, their arguments will be moot

Not going to be a real thing here for a while. Not going to destroy fossil fuel for a long time, as too much money being made and electric is not perfected to take it's place.

Not going to be a real thing here for a while. Not going to destroy fossil fuel for a long time, as too much money being made and electric is not perfected to take it's place.
I dont have a crystal ball, but it certainly could turn out like I suggested

Not when you are pulling that service while you are sleeping
Most people have at least two cars. Many with older children have 3 or 4.
Right now the EV market is pretty much exclusively wealthy and upper middle class.
And I would bet 99% of those have gas vehicles too.
A home can't have one charging station. They are going to need 2-3-4. Now you are talking 200 amps or more just for them.

You don't see the EV huggers talking about this, and most of them don't even own one.

The Flat Earthers who demand we pay homage to the God of Internal Combustion will continue to post threads about how Electric will never work and will destroy our Country as we know it will do their thing
You are slightly delusional

most if not all the comments here are pro fossil fuel but certainly not anti electric in theory

Forum List

Back