It's Time to Erase the False Equivalence

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
Way back in 1954 a man named Gordon Alpert Developed a theory of prejudice based on what is called contact hypothesis. His premise was this-

prejudice is a direct result of generalizations and oversimplifications made about an entire group of people based on incomplete or mistaken information.

In America we have information that shows 400 years of white racism. Therefore, trying to make blacks racists by comparing us to whites is actually a false equivalence.

I've told this story before. I used to work with a black man who would tell me he was racist. I initially told him that was self defeating and solved nothing. He then told me the story about how his daughter (in the 2nd grade) integrated the local school system. He told me how no one would have anything to do with her. He told me how he would go to the school every day (he was a barber and worked nearby) to sit with her at lunch because no one else would. He would hear the names the other kids called her and the teachers did nothing to stop.

I understood.

White's are upset because blacks wanted to use the front door.

I've told this story before. I used to work with a black man who would tell me he was racist. I initially told him that was self defeating and solved nothing. He then told me the story about how his daughter (in the 2nd grade) integrated the local school system. He told me how no one would have anything to do with her. He told me how he would go to the school every day (he was a barber and worked nearby) to sit with her at lunch because no one else would. He would hear the names the other kids called her and the teachers did nothing to stop.

I understood.

White's are upset because blacks wanted to use the front door.

Oh, well then obviously all whites must die. I see your point now and will submit to your righteous genocide.

Seig Heil, Heil Soros! Uber Alles Democrat

Way back in 1954 a man named Gordon Alpert Developed a theory of prejudice based on what is called contact hypothesis. His premise was this-

prejudice is a direct result of generalizations and oversimplifications made about an entire group of people based on incomplete or mistaken information.

In America we have information that shows 400 years of white racism. Therefore, trying to make blacks racists by comparing us to whites is actually a false equivalence.

HAHEI5O5RPAKXWKSMSK37F622U.jpg

Oh, well then obviously all whites must die. I see your point now and will submit to your righteous genocide.

Seig Heil, Heil Soros! Uber Alles Democrat
Quit whining boy.

No one as any interest to chase you down your rabbit hole. Why can't you simply be a decent person?
He can't face the truth. His behavior is an example of white fragility.

In most situations, whites are in the majority and blacks are a minority, so whenever this is the case, racial prejudices will harm blacks, sometimes even in the form of structural discrimination.

However, even when statistically, this is much more often the case than the opposite situation, when a white person faces a majority of blacks in a given context, it's still possible that prejudices against whites among blacks will result in discrimination of the white person.

And while it's probably much more urgent to decrease prejudices against blacks among whites, simply because whites are the majority most of the time, that doesn't mean prejudices against whites among blacks are somehow less potentially harmful, depending on a given situation, or that they don't exist.

Prejudice is always harmful, and decreasing prejudice will always make the world a little bit better, no matter what kind of prejudice that is.

And of course it's BS to distract from prejudices whites hold, by pointing to the prejudices other groups may or may not hold. Just saying white racism against blacks isn't the only kind of prejudice that's worth overcoming.

I'm a racist for judging people by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin!

Unlike you and the Knob Gobbler with your "Death to Whitey" pogrom.

You're real convincing, Nazi...

Some nice character you display here.

Forum List

Back