It's Time to Erase the False Equivalence

However, even when statistically, this is much more often the case than the opposite situation, when a white person faces a majority of blacks in a given context, it's still possible that prejudices against whites among blacks will result in discrimination of the white person.
I, as a white person living in a largely black neighborhood (although that's changing a bit with gentrification), have very often been the minority in a situation. I have, however, felt accepted and not felt prejudice against me. I, as a young white woman, was walking down the street one time, many years ago when I was surrounded by a group of young black guys. One of them touched me on the shoulder. I smiled at them and said hello. Then, the one that touched me said, "Let's go. She's all right." Then they all left.

I knew then that the vibe they picked up from me was not of fear or judgement. They, like my black friends and neighbors, are very good at picking up the BS and knowing when a person says one thing and means something else. It would be easy for them to put me in the basket of bigots they have had to deal with their entire lives, but they truly see me as in individual.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
prejudice is a direct result of generalizations and oversimplifications made about an entire group of people based on incomplete or mistaken information.
Like your contention that whites are all slave owners and owe you some malt liquor money?

In most situations, whites are in the majority and blacks are a minority, so whenever this is the case, racial prejudices will harm blacks, sometimes even in the form of structural discrimination.

However, even when statistically, this is much more often the case than the opposite situation, when a white person faces a majority of blacks in a given context, it's still possible that prejudices against whites among blacks will result in discrimination of the white person.

And while it's probably much more urgent to decrease prejudices against blacks among whites, simply because whites are the majority most of the time, that doesn't mean prejudices against whites among blacks are somehow less potentially harmful, depending on a given situation, or that they don't exist.

Prejudice is always harmful, and decreasing prejudice will always make the world a little bit better, no matter what kind of prejudice that is.

And of course it's BS to distract from prejudices whites hold, by pointing to the prejudices other groups may or may not hold. Just saying white racism against blacks isn't the only kind of prejudice that's worth overcoming.
Again, this is a false equivalence.

Show me laws and policies made and enforced by blacks in America that discriminates against whites

Like your contention that whites are all slave owners and owe you some malt liquor money?
No such contention has been made. But INFORMATION does show that whites have benefitted from over 245 years of racist law and policy which has deprived blacks of wealth.

A fragile white is still vastly more durable than a whiny black victim begging for "restitution".
I know it, you know it.
No YOU aren't. Because whites who are fragile can't face the truth of our history.

Like you.

No such contention has been made. But INFORMATION does show that whites have benefitted from over 245 years of racist law and policy which has deprived blacks of wealth.
Whine away, kid, it won't get you anywhere with rational adults. There are plenty of wealthy blacks that could buy your life 100 times over (if it had value). You're just butthurt because you're not one of them.
Pro tip: They didn't get there by constantly playing the victim card, either personally or racially.

No YOU aren't. Because whites who are fragile can't face the truth of our history.

Like you.
I'm not the one whining like a bitch every day about how the past is stopping me from achieving success. That would be you.
Here's the difference between us:
You think whitey can keep you down, and I know you can't keep me down.

Last edited:
Has anyone come across an I'm2 post that wasnt in race relations?
There are no rules that say where we have to post so stop whining.

I'm quite sure if I posted some uncle tom bullshit you'd be sucking cyberdick telling me how great I am.

Whine away, kid, it won't get you anywhere with rational adults. There are plenty of wealthy blacks that could buy your life 100 times over (if it had value). You're just butthurt because you're not one of them.
Pro tip: They didn't get there by constantly playing the victim card, either personally or racially.
Do yourself a favor junior, don't make stupid comments like these to a black man that knows the stats. UNDERSTAND? There are 36,000 blacks in America worth 1 million or more. Blacks have 2.6 percent of the wealth here but are13 percent of the population. So there aren't that many blacks who could buy my life. Secondly, do not try telling someone black any tips. Because everything your white ass has is because of government legislation.

I'm not the one whining like a bitch every day about how the past is stopping me from achieving success. That would be you.
Here's the difference between us:
You think whitey can keep you down, and I know you can't keep me down.

Do yourself a favor junior. Try making new comments. You're repeating dumb shit over and over.
This is not about the past. You're a racist and this is 2022.

Forum List

Back