It's the Republicans turn to learn a lesson about the tea party

What do I specifically have backwards?

Many of you put money into the hands of businesses and not the working poor or lower middle classes, thus you support this. Another issue is wage discreptioncies. (Sorry about spelling, I won't use this spell check on this. Can't afford another computer at this time). It would take me a half days work just to pay an electrician to do some work on my home if I cannot do it myself otherwise I'd hire one to do some work if I could and won't unless I really have to. I make everything I have last as long as possible and I'm not the only one that does this. Little wonder people don't spend money in the classes I've mentioned.

Oh I get that as I am the same way about money, if I could keep more of my 5 figure income I would spend more money.

Who is this "you" that you are talking about?

And why shouldn't an electrician make a lot of money for electrical work? They have to pay for schooling, go to tests, pay for a liscense, get special insurance, and more.

Thats like saying the dentist should only make $10.00/hour.

PLYMCO_PILGRIM said:
And the very thing you said about giving the poor and middle class lower tax rates is why I support obama's extention of the Bush Tax rates.

Your tax breaks do us no good. Try buying a washing machine at todays interest rates for the working poor who are a bad bank risk (remember that attitude). At 12% interest or is it higher now, one could buy two machines. Many loan companies charge upwards to 24% interest. There are those who have no choice but to take out a loan with some of those.

THey aren't "my" tax breaks. They are the new federal tax rates that Bush and congress passed.

And yes, people who don't make a lot of money shouldn't borrow a lot of money as they can't afford to pay it back. Hence why I dont have credit cards, I dont make a ton of cash and can't afford to pay even more for what I buy through interest rates.

This is fun heh heh.

Who is this "you" that you are talking about?

Those who keep the machine going, members of the democratic and republican parties.

And why shouldn't an electrician make a lot of money for electrical work? They have to pay for schooling, go to tests, pay for a liscense, get special insurance, and more.

Be interesting to see you pay for some major electrical work on your home at minumum wages heh heh. I see no problems with a man making a living wage as long as he doesn't steal from those who cannot afford his services. That and the cost of education is inflated and you know it. Good way to steal from the poor and lower classes in many ways. We recently had a president of a college retire at over 200K in this state, is anyone worth that? There is alot of greed out there heh heh. Glad I have nothing to do with that and I know in my mind, I'm not responsible for any of it. I don't vote republican or democrat heh heh.

Last edited:
THey aren't "my" tax breaks. They are the new federal tax rates that Bush and congress passed.

If you voted democrat or republican, it's your tax breaks. Party philosophy you know and it's all wrong.

And yes, people who don't make a lot of money shouldn't borrow a lot of money as they can't afford to pay it back.

Isn't this what those in power want, people to borrow money? I see this mentioned all the time, don't you? Lowering interest rates on mortages to borrow for a home, a car or what have you. I get so many offers all the time my garbage can gets full to soon. Come now, who would gain from this and don't kid yourself, they know who have no bills and those who do. They also know who have mortages and who doesn't and if you think they don't, you sure are naive.

Hence why I dont have credit cards, I dont make a ton of cash and can't afford to pay even more for what I buy through interest rates.

As like me, from what banks and government want us to do, borrow money to get the economy going again? Not a good way to do things, just look at the mess we are in now heh heh. As for me, I won't borrow money so I can get their economy going again, foolish thing to do. I've worked hard all my life to get where I am now, darn if I'm going to give it away. Besides, I like my life, it's comfortable and cozy.

Last edited:
Thing I find humorous about party members, they switch from one party to another hoping they can force change within their perspective parties. Never happen. Someone mentioned voting for Paul earlier, I have to wonder what he could do. I know this, he would have those morons in such an uproar that it would be to comical. That and he would get nothing accomplished, party members of both sides would fight him tooth and claw. Considering the last bit of grandstanding and hoopalaw (the debt issue), it would only make our country that much more of a laughing stock, not that we are not already heh heh.

I dont know of a single person that doesnt want a new home, but they arent selling.
My point is that you not only have to have demand, but you have to have a means to purchase. We got plenty of demand, we consume like no other civilization before us, that hasnt slowed down. What has slowed is ability to buy. It has been slowing for 20 years, but we patched it with credit. Now thats gone, so were just fucked.

Hope you don't mind if I'm a butinsky, ag workers don't make much and only work seasonal except for a few. Many are now drawing welfare or some sort of public service. Never use to be this way. Use to be a good field to work in as I remember. Made good money once until much of it went to overseas (imports). Nowadays one cannot barely make a living. That and the so called guest worker program which allows employers to pay a lower wage. Over the years I've seen the writting on the walls and prepared for what I've seen coming. Thank goodness I did.

That is a problem that goes across the board. Ag workers are not the only ones eating it, most people without a degree are just screwed in this country. Welcome to a life of serfdom.

We live in a world where everyone blames the poor working man because he is on food stamps and cash/housing assistance. We blame them for having to be on medicaid. The reality is the people they work for should be ponying up. This idea that corporation can hire someone so far below the costs of living, and then dumb the responsability on the government has got to come to an end.

Corporate welfare is a worse problem then individual welfare. It all has got to go, im sick of paying for it.

You can not end the deficit unless you restart the economic engine.

Jobs are the best solution to ending deficits.

Bull. Washington has proven over and over that whatever amount of revenue is sent to federal coffers, it will be spent along with even more borrowed money. The economy could grow ten fold and the fucking central planners would spend it. The debt we've accumulated can only be addressed by spending dramatically less.

Ag workers are not the only ones eating it, most people without a degree are just screwed in this country. Welcome to a life of serfdom.

Heh heh, hate to say this but comes around goes around. Those who were in the upper middle classes are becoming lower middle classes now. Now it bothers them when it happens to them. As for being a serf, I'm retired just this year (62) and planned well. Many haven't, they owe the health industry and insurance companies. Can you imagine insurance on a car that hardly is worth anything to protect oneself from a car that cost 40 to 50K? Btw, do you have satellite insurance in case that comes down on your home?

Last edited:
There is no lesson here. Republicans are a party with a fringe on top.

Yes it is good that the public realizes that the Tea Party is the cause this time that the govt might shut down.
That kind of thing will lose people votes.

Oh look, its another one that is dependant on government to take care of them.

I dont know of a single person that doesnt want a new home, but they arent selling.
My point is that you not only have to have demand, but you have to have a means to purchase. We got plenty of demand, we consume like no other civilization before us, that hasnt slowed down. What has slowed is ability to buy. It has been slowing for 20 years, but we patched it with credit. Now thats gone, so were just fucked.

Hope you don't mind if I'm a butinsky, ag workers don't make much and only work seasonal except for a few. Many are now drawing welfare or some sort of public service. Never use to be this way. Use to be a good field to work in as I remember. Made good money once until much of it went to overseas (imports). Nowadays one cannot barely make a living. That and the so called guest worker program which allows employers to pay a lower wage. Over the years I've seen the writting on the walls and prepared for what I've seen coming. Thank goodness I did.

That is a problem that goes across the board. Ag workers are not the only ones eating it, most people without a degree are just screwed in this country. Welcome to a life of serfdom.

We live in a world where everyone blames the poor working man because he is on food stamps and cash/housing assistance. We blame them for having to be on medicaid. The reality is the people they work for should be ponying up. This idea that corporation can hire someone so far below the costs of living, and then dumb the responsability on the government has got to come to an end.

Corporate welfare is a worse problem then individual welfare. It all has got to go, im sick of paying for it.

I just want to add that if a corporation cant afford to pay a man a living wage that will enable him to take care of his health and plan for a way to live when he is to old to work then one of two things is wrong. Either prices for goods and services are extremely bloated or the company needs to go out of business. If its an inflation of prices then whats causing prices to be hire then demand will fix itself when the government tit runs dry.

This is not a free market, the problems we have is because every aspect of the market is being tampered with. Healthcare costs is a perfect example.

the problems we have is because every aspect of the market is being tampered with. Healthcare costs is a perfect example.

Uh, lets not forget that in some areas (and those areas are growing) we have what I call a welfare based economy. Take welfare dollars away and many businesses will close down. Those on welfare have more of a disposable income than many working men have. I do know they have a more disposible income than the working poor as the working poor make to much to be able to get on welfare. For my proof, just check out the income requirements one must have to get on welfare and how many children one must have. If any want a better explanation of this, I'll see you this coming Monday.

Anyhow, have a good weekend guys, thanks for the stimulating discussion.

Last edited:
Welcome to a life of serfdom.

Now, to comment on this,
Life Inc. - Can you live on $9 an hour? Play the game

I'd like to welcome many to my world, I've been here all my life. At one time it never was this way and that 9 dollars an hour was good money, it's why I've accomplished as much as I have, was making 10 dollars an hour when I retired. That was when I was much younger then but I'm older than that now. Actually, I started at 90 cents an hour (with an 85-100 hour a week, 7 days a week with no overtime running behind a tractor swamping grapes). But then, I wonder if anyone knows what I'm talking about and gas only cost 15 cents a gallon. Now, try paying that electrican 50 dollars an hour and good luck heh heh. Btw, never had any health insurance either, alway tried to keep myself healthy, couldn't afford to take any days off from work. If I did get a cold, I still went to work.

Last edited:
the problems we have is because every aspect of the market is being tampered with. Healthcare costs is a perfect example.

Uh, lets not forget that in some areas (and those areas are growing) we have what I call a welfare based economy. Take welfare dollars away and many businesses will close down. Those on welfare have more of a disposable income than many working men have. I do know they have a more disposible income than the working poor as the working poor make to much to be able to get on welfare. For my proof, just check out the income requirements one must have to get on welfare and how many children one must have. If any want a better explanation of this, I'll see you this coming Monday.

Anyhow, have a good weekend guys, thanks for the stimulating discussion.

I dont need any proof, I am working poor so I know exactly how it is. I go to the gas station and watch fat and lazy that cant even change out of pijama's buy 15 bucks worth of junk food on food stamps. Medicare and medicaid is the same thing. I got a friend that works for state social services, she talkes about mexicans coming in with 4 children and preg with a 5 on every kind of assistance.

Government welfare is worse though, big pharma sucking the wealth out tax payers by healthcare entitlement programs, insurance companies forcing everyone to buy, tax incentives to buy cars, it just goes on and on. Hard working people are being robbed to support those that dont want to work, and those with enough money to pay for lobbiests.

You are not free, government manages every aspect of your life all for the benifits of people other then you.

The Tea Party has the right idea and the hardest task. Most people agree that we have to cut our spending and pay our way with money we have. Even the Republicans want to compromise and spend. They have to learn the lesson, too.

We as citizens have to support opur TP leaders and understand we have to take the cuts in a smaller government while insuring our children's future and making people responsible again.

WatertheTree
Member #32419
I dont need any proof, I am working poor so I know exactly how it is.

Awww, a brother in arms so to speak. I've been in ag all my life and the last 30 years things have gotten really bad as for income and treatment.

Jackson
Member #27360
We as citizens have to support opur TP leaders and understand we have to take the cuts in a smaller government while insuring our children's future and making people responsible again.

And just where are those cuts coming from, the working poor and middle class? The republicans, tea partiers and democrats can put their cuts where the sun doesn't shine. Only way to save this country is to cut from those that want to impose their cuts on us and not them. I myself can think of many ways to make cuts without harming the working poor and middle classes.
WatertheTree
Member #32419
This gentleman has made two suggestions just right here.

The Tea Party has the right idea and the hardest task. Most people agree that we have to cut our spending and pay our way with money we have. Even the Republicans want to compromise and spend. They have to learn the lesson, too.

Its time to clean house. I say elect Ron Paul and then watch the congress and the house. 'public servants' that dont serve the public will be cleaned out next. Its time to take our country back.

There is a large difference in the "poor" and "the needy".
Who determines who is which? Government?:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Or the families, communities, churches, social groups and local charities?
Why do we fund programs for food and cash to "the poor" when many have other resources such as family to help them?
Why should I pay for the "poor" to eat when they possibly have family to help them?
Corporations do not receive welfare. They do receive too many incentives, tax rebates, credits and tax loop holes that could be easily closed. That is not welfare. The government gives them NO CASH.

Forum List

Back