It's possible that nothing will be the same as it was.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
Tomorrow I have a telephone visit with my nurse practitioner. She’s under a doctor I’ve never seen but that’s fine, she’s very competent. I’m pretty healthy at 73. I was doing daily upper body workouts in the gym and walking on the treadmill for an hour a day but now that’s out.

I have a recumbent stationary gym quality cycle I ride two hours a day because I am a cyclist that rides 50 miles a day in the warmer months. I’m doing ok and my wife is as well. She has her own her doctor and a scheduled telephone visit too. Recently we bought a blood pressure monitor, an oximeter and a good electronic thermometer to report to our healthcare providers important information during the visit. The cost was under $200.

We’ve cancelled scheduled dental and eye doctor visits. We share the same dentist who is great but is not covered under our insurance-We keep him anyway because he’s that good. We both have higher than normal pressure in our eyes-I don’t have Glaucoma, but my wife has it mildly-we take eyedrops to drop the pressure and it works. It’s covered.

The problem is that to get to these healthcare professionals we have to go through a minefield of Coronavirus, so we are not chancing it at this time. They will suffer financially and may not be there when this is over. It’s a hard choice.

I don’t think anything is going to be the same after this.

I'm in a similar situation. Skipping a few doctor or dentist visits isn't that big a deal for us. I'm sure that they will be back in business as soon as quick testing for everyone is available.
I'm more concerned for our restaurants. The take-out isn't nearly as profitable as eat-in. They lost graduation parties, Easter parties, and the waitresses are on unemployment. I hope they can open up before going bankrupt.

I don't see why this should be in "politics" but whatever floats your boat.

I'm thinking it part of the debate when to reopen businesses. His concern is for the medical arts folks being able to stay open if the shutdown continues.
I'm a reopen ASAP with mitigation measures, but no crowds until quick testing is available.

I don't see why this should be in "politics" but whatever floats your boat.
It's the economic angle. I finished last season with a 216 bowling average. I'm not a pro but a dedicated league bowler. About ten years ago a local entrepreneur took over the bowling alley which was pretty crappy. He invested in new synthetic surfaces and upgraded everything including employees and technical personnel.

The place took off and even hosted a national tournament. The last night it was open I asked him what would happen if public closures lasted into the summer. He said this place won't be here because the losses would be too great to bear.

That's just one example.

Rightwingers actually staying there asses home, instead of going head-first into the Coronavirus....interesting.

I wanted to wait this year to get out on my bike but due to the virus I got out early when the snow was still on the sides of the road. I had hoped traffic would be lighter than usual but that did not happen.

It's actually heavier now that a lot of people are out of work. Every day that gets warmer sees more traffic and now I realize that the stay-home advisory worked a little initially but now it's gotten old and is being ignored.

This can't be sustained because the people just won't do it especially when the birds start singing and the trees begin to blossom. What is the government going to do, bring in the army?

These measures are unenforceable without declaring martial law and I don't see that happening. What I do see are changes affecting businesses like restaurants, hotels and recreation/vacation oriented attractions that deal with crowds.

Sporting events are going to be affected greatly and stadiums may be empty this year-it's not going to be the same folks.

Forum List

Back