It's not just our airlines folks! Amtrak train delayed for 37 hours prompts passengers to call 911 over ‘hostage’ fears

Markle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2016
Tallahassee, FL
It's not just the airlines that are screwed up. For lack of a better term.

Amtrak train delayed for 37 hours prompts passengers to call 911 over ‘hostage’ fears

By
Isabel Keane
January 11, 2023 5:04pm

An Amtrak train got stranded for 37 hours in South Carolina — leaving passengers so panicked, they were calling 911 believing they were being held hostage.

The Auto Train left Virginia at 5 p.m. Monday and was supposed to reach Orlando, Fla. by 10 a.m. Tuesday — but was forced to change course after a CSX freight train hit a vehicle left on the tracks in South Carolina.

th

Since there's already people damaging electrical power stations to knock out power I wouldn't be surprised if the car was left on the tracks on purpose to disrupt travel.

*****SMILE*****

:)

th

Since there's already people damaging electrical power stations to knock out power I wouldn't be surprised if the car was left on the tracks on purpose to disrupt travel.

*****SMILE*****

:)

I hadn't thought of that but given our current state of chaos in our country, anything is certainly possible, sadly.

It's not just the airlines that are screwed up. For lack of a better term.

Amtrak train delayed for 37 hours prompts passengers to call 911

Guess you don't understand. We have an idiot government of treasonous scipes now of imposters hired for what they are instead of their qualifications! Hired because they were trans-men, homosexuals or some other freaks--- gay queer cross-dressing weirdos stealing women's luggage looking for good clothes at airports in charge of nuclear disposal. Ho Hum.

Joe Biden, Buttigiege and the radical left have left this country wide open, border-wise and cyber-wise, totally unprepared, and we are being cyber-attacked with major sectors of the nation shut down.

Our infrastructural is under attack by our enemies and Joe don't know what fucking day of the week it is while his aides are all in on the attack laughing.

Because I've never been on a train before, my question is how long does a normal commute take compared to an airplaine flight?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Because I've never been on a train before, my question is how long does a normal commute take compared to an airplaine flight?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Depends how far you are going.

From St Louis to Chicago take 5 hours by train and 1.5 hours by air. But you have to get to an airport 1.5 hours or so ahead of time and you can get to the train station 5 mins ahead of time

The train cost 53 bucks, the flight 166.

Depends how far you are going.

From St Louis to Chicago take 5 hours by train and 1.5 hours by air. But you have to get to an airport 1.5 hours or so ahead of time and you can get to the train station 5 mins ahead of time

The train cost 53 bucks, the flight 166.
There was a time I priced trains from a northern city to Florida and flights. Flights was a lot cheaper. That Amtrak train that ha dan issue is not cheap.

There was a time I priced trains from a northern city to Florida and flights. Flights was a lot cheaper. That Amtrak train that ha dan issue is not cheap.
Part of the attraction of this particular train was that it was an auto-train. Your car was loaded on the train and traveled with you to your destination. Arriving in Orlando you hopped in your own car and off you go, with no rental car fees.

Part of the attraction of this particular train was that it was an auto-train. Your car was loaded on the train and traveled with you to your destination. Arriving in Orlando you hopped in your own car and off you go, with no rental car fees.

It's a popular train amongst the snowbirds. Many drive from NY to Virgina and let the train do the rest of the work. Particularly popular with the ones that can't afford to keep a 2nd car down in Florida.

To me the CSX derailment wasn't Amtrak's fault, neither was the need for a crew switch. To me the fault is in them:

1. Not stopping the train somewhere near civilization once they knew they needed a crew switch
2. Not mobilizing some form of supply to the train
3. By nature of the #1 fuckup, not being able to let people off the train, if not with their cars, at least to just get out, and if needed, arrange other transport and get their vehicle later down in Florida.

So, you cannot explain the Fed Govt role in making sure a car is not left on a train track.

Thanks, that is what I had assumed
I am under no obligation to explain it. Once the Secretary of Transportation has knowledge of the car left upon the tracks he has an affirmative obligation to take action such as removing the passengers and providing alternative transportation. This buttfucker has done absolutely NOTHING while in office as national transportation has had failing after failing after emergency and, he can never take any action at all. But, he will redeem himself by talking about racist roads. In fact he ran off to Portugal for a vacation during a Railroad strike. He dithered when air travel fell apart. He is incompetent and should not hold this position. He was appointed because he is gay and for no other reason.

Guess you don't understand. We have an idiot government of treasonous scipes now of imposters hired for what they are instead of their qualifications! Hired because they were trans-men, homosexuals or some other freaks--- gay queer cross-dressing weirdos stealing women's luggage looking for good clothes at airports in charge of nuclear disposal. Ho Hum.

Joe Biden, Buttigiege and the radical left have left this country wide open, border-wise and cyber-wise, totally unprepared, and we are being cyber-attacked with major sectors of the nation shut down.

Our infrastructural is under attack by our enemies and Joe don't know what fucking day of the week it is while his aides are all in on the attack laughing.

What should they have done to prevent this incident?

Once the Secretary of Transportation has knowledge of the car left upon the tracks he has an affirmative obligation to take action such as removing the passengers and providing alternative transportation.

No he does not. The if the job of the company, not the Fed Govt.

Is there anything you do not think is the job of the Fed Govt? If you get a flat tire do you except the Govt to come save you?

No he does not. The if the job of the company, not the Fed Govt.

Is there anything you do not think is the job of the Fed Govt? If you get a flat tire do you except the Govt to come save you?
If he is so powerless and everything is someone else's responsibility perhaps we don't need a secretary of transportation at all.

If he is so powerless and everything is someone else's responsibility perhaps we don't need a secretary of transportation at all.

It is not about being powerless, it is about it not being the job or the responsibility of the US Fed Govt.

You Big Government loving morons are too much to take some days.

Similar case in 2019 but with leadership that works.

Get the people off the train.

Forum List

Back