It's already started..."gas prices gradual adjustment" as Obama wanted!

1/15/21 $2.11/gal ....1/5/21 --- 1.77/gal 12/12/20 --- $1.59/gal... --- 11/8/2020 $1.54/gal
And Biden's not even in office yet!
Remember his boss and his statement that Biden has re-affirmed with these words...
  • Rather, when asked in 2008 about then-$4 per gallon gasoline prices, and whether that could be a good thing to encourage people toward alternative energy, Obama responded that he “would have preferred a gradual adjustment”
Federal OIL LEASES under OBAMA in 4 years new leases under Obama 5,109 new leases… an average of 1,277 leases over 4 year. Under Bush from 2006 to 2008 23,569 new leases an average per year of 2,946 leases over 8 years. Oil & Gas Leases on Federal Lands Down 17% Under Obama. https://cnsnews.com/news/article/joe-setyon/leases-oil-gas-federal-lands-down-17-under-obam

So what do the gas stations believe regarding Biden's statement if the ONLY way gas prices are affected by a President is by not approving oil and gas leases on Federal lands?

With climate change a cornerstone of his campaign and central to his proposed Cabinet picks, President-elect Joe Biden has vowed to put an end to any new oil and gas development on federal lands and federal waters.
That promise, if enacted, would severely impact Utah and seven other western states with huge chunks of federal land, with a new study predicting staggering economic losses and extreme costs to human lives
I'm shouting now!!! It's started already! Gas prices increase by 37% in just 60 days!
In 2 months price of gas had 37% increase. 18% per month. One year from now at that rate: $13/gal.
Now I don't believe it will increase at 18%/month but gas prices will increase most assuredly maybe at 10%/month...That will still be $6/gal. here in Texas!
So what does this mean to each of us that use gas?
Americans consumed 140.43 billion gallons of gasoline in 2015, or about 384.74 million gallons each day.
If prices increase in one year by 10%/month or to $6/gal that means by 1/15/22 gas expenditures would see a $254 billion increase over 2020.... minimum!

View attachment 443334

Since Biden's not in office none of his policies have been implemented so, if you're looking for someone to blame, try the mirror. As a Trump supporter you enable his actions including his energy decisions.

BTW, I remember, that's right, remember, not deny, back when you guys were excusing the $4.00 gas prices as "not so high compared to inflation." I know you don't like remembering your actual history so I'm here to help.

You're welcome.
The national gas price NEVER reached $4 under Trump.

Under Obama either so...your point exactly?

Mine is that under Obama regulations requiring better fuel efficiency along with support for EV and solar have served to drive energy prices down. Trump, on the other hand, has created market instability reflected in lack of pricing stability.
The highest national average price of gas was $3.80 recorded Mar. 17, 2016. It has not reached $3 since. Fact #915: March 7, 2016 Average Historical Annual Gasoline Pump Price, 1929-2015
1/15/21 $2.11/gal ....1/5/21 --- 1.77/gal 12/12/20 --- $1.59/gal... --- 11/8/2020 $1.54/gal
Remember his boss and his statement that Biden has re-affirmed with these words...
  • Rather, when asked in 2008 about then-$4 per gallon gasoline prices, and whether that could be a good thing to encourage people toward alternative energy, Obama responded that he “would have preferred a gradual adjustment”
Federal OIL LEASES under OBAMA in 4 years new leases under Obama 5,109 new leases… an average of 1,277 leases over 4 year. Under Bush from 2006 to 2008 23,569 new leases an average per year of 2,946 leases over 8 years. Oil & Gas Leases on Federal Lands Down 17% Under Obama. https://cnsnews.com/news/article/joe-setyon/leases-oil-gas-federal-lands-down-17-under-obam

So what do the gas stations believe regarding Biden's statement if the ONLY way gas prices are affected by a President is by not approving oil and gas leases on Federal lands?

With climate change a cornerstone of his campaign and central to his proposed Cabinet picks, President-elect Joe Biden has vowed to put an end to any new oil and gas development on federal lands and federal waters.
That promise, if enacted, would severely impact Utah and seven other western states with huge chunks of federal land, with a new study predicting staggering economic losses and extreme costs to human lives
I'm shouting now!!! It's started already! Gas prices increase by 37% in just 60 days!
In 2 months price of gas had 37% increase. 18% per month. One year from now at that rate: $13/gal.
Now I don't believe it will increase at 18%/month but gas prices will increase most assuredly maybe at 10%/month...That will still be $6/gal. here in Texas!
Americans consumed 140.43 billion gallons of gasoline in 2015, or about 384.74 million gallons each day.
If prices increase in one year by 10%/month or to $6/gal that means by 1/15/22 gas expenditures would see a $254 billion increase over 2020.... minimum!

View attachment 443334

Since Biden's not in office none of his policies have been implemented so, if you're looking for someone to blame, try the mirror. As a Trump supporter you enable his actions including his energy decisions.

BTW, I remember, that's right, remember, not deny, back when you guys were excusing the $4.00 gas prices as "not so high compared to inflation." I know you don't like remembering your actual history so I'm here to help.

You're welcome.

Mine is that under Obama regulations requiring better fuel efficiency along with support for EV and solar have served to drive energy prices down. Trump, on the other hand, has created market instability reflected in lack of pricing stability.
The highest national average price of gas was $3.80 recorded Mar. 17, 2016. It has not reached $3 since. Fact #915: March 7, 2016 Average Historical Annual Gasoline Pump Price, 1929-2015
You have the year wrong. It was 2012.
The high spike directly coincided with the Obama era, pre-fracking.
Don’t expect democrats to be aware of any of this. They can’t even remember as far back as last summer.
I know there were localized spikes--I saw diesel over $5 and gasoline almost that high in the period you specify in CA. However, this info comes from the dept. of energy and it is the NATIONAL AVERAGE.
I’m not disagreeing with it. I think you mistyped 2016 for 2012.

View attachment 443334

You're welcome.

View attachment 443334

You're welcome.

You have the year wrong. It was 2012.
The high spike directly coincided with the Obama era, pre-fracking.
Don’t expect democrats to be aware of any of this. They can’t even remember as far back as last summer.
I know there were localized spikes--I saw diesel over $5 and gasoline almost that high in the period you specify in CA. However, this info comes from the dept. of energy and it is the NATIONAL AVERAGE.
I’m not disagreeing with it. I think you mistyped 2016 for 2012.
I stand corrected, I misread the information. After rereading, I see you are absolutely correct. Sorry.

I am so glad that Biden is stupid.

What results from high gas prices?

Wait for it...

giphy.gif

Texas-Flag-Small.gif

giphy.gif

raining-money.gif

Biden's gonna fund Texas secession.

:banana:
They'll be needing it to pay off the record setting debt they incurred during Trump.

Democrats won’t pay down debt. They will increase it and blame Trump.

Wait for it...

giphy.gif

Texas-Flag-Small.gif

giphy.gif

raining-money.gif

They'll be needing it to pay off the record setting debt they incurred during Trump.

Democrats will destroy this country and blame trump. Democrat sheep will lap it up.

You mean like Obama did for Bush? And I don't condemn Bush over that. Bush tried to warn Congress starting in 2002 and on and both parties laughed him right off of capital hill. Obama did introduce the buyout which kept us out of another Depression. Much like we are headed to unless things are handled correctly. And again, it was screwed up by a Republican Elected (notice, I didn't say Republican) President and it's up to the Democrat President to straighten it out again. The point is, we couldn't financially afford another 4 years of Rump. The Bread Lines are already too long.

Wait for it...

giphy.gif

Texas-Flag-Small.gif

giphy.gif

raining-money.gif

Democrats will destroy this country and blame trump. Democrat sheep will lap it up.

You mean like Obama did for Bush? And I don't condemn Bush over that. Bush tried to warn Congress starting in 2002 and on and both parties laughed him right off of capital hill. Obama did introduce the buyout which kept us out of another Depression. Much like we are headed to unless things are handled correctly. And again, it was screwed up by a Republican Elected (notice, I didn't say Republican) President and it's up to the Democrat President to straighten it out again. The point is, we couldn't financially afford another 4 years of Rump. The Bread Lines are already too long.

What is it about Democrats and Liberals complain how we can’t afford yet are the first ones to resist or fight spending cuts? Cut spending!

Wait for it...

giphy.gif

Texas-Flag-Small.gif

giphy.gif

raining-money.gif

What is it about Democrats and Liberals complain how we can’t afford yet are the first ones to resist or fight spending cuts? Cut spending!

And you know this how? You must have a brand new Crystal Ball where you can predict what hasn't happened yet. And being that you are a Rumpster, any cut in spending will be refreshing since we haven't seen anything other than drastic spending with Rump at the helm. I am ashamed of the party that should be pushing the reduction. I will admit that for the next 6 months, we are going to see large deficits because we really don't have a choice. But in the second half of the year, we need to impress on ALL Washington Representatives including the President to start getting things under control.

The first thing we have to do is to stop with this political total annihilation that's been going on for the last 12 years. Where we are right now, politics have to stop for us to find our way out of this mess. Those that stop with the Politico suicide we need to work with. Those that won't stop need to be shown the door.

New Topics

Forum List

Back