It's already started..."gas prices gradual adjustment" as Obama wanted!

1/15/21 $2.11/gal ....1/5/21 --- 1.77/gal 12/12/20 --- $1.59/gal... --- 11/8/2020 $1.54/gal
And Biden's not even in office yet!
Remember his boss and his statement that Biden has re-affirmed with these words...
  • Rather, when asked in 2008 about then-$4 per gallon gasoline prices, and whether that could be a good thing to encourage people toward alternative energy, Obama responded that he “would have preferred a gradual adjustment”
Federal OIL LEASES under OBAMA in 4 years new leases under Obama 5,109 new leases… an average of 1,277 leases over 4 year. Under Bush from 2006 to 2008 23,569 new leases an average per year of 2,946 leases over 8 years. Oil & Gas Leases on Federal Lands Down 17% Under Obama. https://cnsnews.com/news/article/joe-setyon/leases-oil-gas-federal-lands-down-17-under-obam

So what do the gas stations believe regarding Biden's statement if the ONLY way gas prices are affected by a President is by not approving oil and gas leases on Federal lands?

With climate change a cornerstone of his campaign and central to his proposed Cabinet picks, President-elect Joe Biden has vowed to put an end to any new oil and gas development on federal lands and federal waters.
That promise, if enacted, would severely impact Utah and seven other western states with huge chunks of federal land, with a new study predicting staggering economic losses and extreme costs to human lives
I'm shouting now!!! It's started already! Gas prices increase by 37% in just 60 days!
In 2 months price of gas had 37% increase. 18% per month. One year from now at that rate: $13/gal.
Now I don't believe it will increase at 18%/month but gas prices will increase most assuredly maybe at 10%/month...That will still be $6/gal. here in Texas!
So what does this mean to each of us that use gas?
Americans consumed 140.43 billion gallons of gasoline in 2015, or about 384.74 million gallons each day.
If prices increase in one year by 10%/month or to $6/gal that means by 1/15/22 gas expenditures would see a $254 billion increase over 2020.... minimum!

View attachment 443334

You clearly do not understand how oil markets work. It is based on speculation. Traders are hoping that Biden can get a stimulus plan that will jumpstart the economy. They believe Biden's coronavirus bill will help the economy grow thus increasing the demand for gas.
Speculation now is based on democrat plans for stifling fossil fuel. That reflects supply side being diminished so price needs to go up to avoid running out of supply.
Fracking saved our economy from Obama devastation but now Biden hopes to stifle fracking, too. That potential is already taking effect. Democrats are terrible for our economy.
Sometimes I wish I was stupid enough to be a democrat because then I’d be too stupid to realize how much hardship I’m creating for myself.

1/15/21 $2.11/gal ....1/5/21 --- 1.77/gal 12/12/20 --- $1.59/gal... --- 11/8/2020 $1.54/gal
Remember his boss and his statement that Biden has re-affirmed with these words...
  • Rather, when asked in 2008 about then-$4 per gallon gasoline prices, and whether that could be a good thing to encourage people toward alternative energy, Obama responded that he “would have preferred a gradual adjustment”
Federal OIL LEASES under OBAMA in 4 years new leases under Obama 5,109 new leases… an average of 1,277 leases over 4 year. Under Bush from 2006 to 2008 23,569 new leases an average per year of 2,946 leases over 8 years. Oil & Gas Leases on Federal Lands Down 17% Under Obama. https://cnsnews.com/news/article/joe-setyon/leases-oil-gas-federal-lands-down-17-under-obam

So what do the gas stations believe regarding Biden's statement if the ONLY way gas prices are affected by a President is by not approving oil and gas leases on Federal lands?

With climate change a cornerstone of his campaign and central to his proposed Cabinet picks, President-elect Joe Biden has vowed to put an end to any new oil and gas development on federal lands and federal waters.
That promise, if enacted, would severely impact Utah and seven other western states with huge chunks of federal land, with a new study predicting staggering economic losses and extreme costs to human lives
I'm shouting now!!! It's started already! Gas prices increase by 37% in just 60 days!
In 2 months price of gas had 37% increase. 18% per month. One year from now at that rate: $13/gal.
Now I don't believe it will increase at 18%/month but gas prices will increase most assuredly maybe at 10%/month...That will still be $6/gal. here in Texas!
Americans consumed 140.43 billion gallons of gasoline in 2015, or about 384.74 million gallons each day.
If prices increase in one year by 10%/month or to $6/gal that means by 1/15/22 gas expenditures would see a $254 billion increase over 2020.... minimum!

View attachment 443334

You clearly do not understand how oil markets work. It is based on speculation. Traders are hoping that Biden can get a stimulus plan that will jumpstart the economy. They believe Biden's coronavirus bill will help the economy grow thus increasing the demand for gas.
Speculation now is based on democrat plans for stifling fossil fuel. That reflects supply side being diminished so price needs to go up to avoid running out of supply.
Fracking saved our economy from Obama devastation but now Biden hopes to stifle fracking, too. That potential is already taking effect. Democrats are terrible for our economy.
Sometimes I wish I was stupid enough to be a democrat because then I’d be too stupid to realize how much hardship I’m creating for myself.
Ignorance is bliss.

View attachment 443334

Ignorance is bliss.
Ain’t that the awful truth.

View attachment 443334

Now, that's funny. The last two Republican Presidents have plunged the US into near financial ruin and the next President was at the helm for us to come out of it. It looks like that's going to be two in a row for Dem Presidents to correct the mess that a Republican has caused. And all those two Republican Presidents had to do is not break things.

View attachment 443334

First of all YOU CLEARLY don't understand scholarship, providing proof, links, substantiation!
NOW FACTS...
So that explains why gas prices have jumped 38% since the 11/3/20 election as the above shows.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Global Energy Institute found that a fracking ban would double gasoline prices as oil prices spike to $130 per barrel, raise the average cost of living by $5,661 per person, and reduce employment by 19 million people over a five-year period. Prohibiting fracking would also quadruple electricity prices, reduce Gross Domestic Product (GDP) by $7.1 trillion, and increase natural gas prices by 324 percent from 2021 to 2025, causing household energy bills to more than quadruple. This would be the equivalent of a major recession.
“Would you close down the oil industry?” President Donald Trump pressed just before their closing statements.
“I would transition from the oil industry, yes,” Biden replied.
Biden claimed that he wants to shut down the oil industry because it “pollutes significantly” and needs to be “replaced by renewable energy over time.”

Remember these are actual words of Obama and agreed to by Biden. Do these statements/policies help ?
Biden Has Promised to Kill the Keystone XL Pipeline. Activists Hope He’ll Nix Dakota Access, Too
So Biden is in favor as was Obama in 1 million barrels of oil traveling one mile on open Arctic ocean vs 700 barrels traveling
1 mile on dry land. Remember the Exxon Valdez?
Some reports estimated the total economic loss from the Exxon Valdez oil spill to be as much as $2.8 billion. A 2001 study found oil contamination remaining at more than half of the 91 beach sites...
ObamaAntiBusiness.png

View attachment 443334

No it is not. The markets look at expected supply and expected demand in the near future. Why don't you get educated. A typical dumb Trump supporter.

View attachment 443334

First of all YOU CLEARLY don't understand scholarship, providing proof, links, substantiation!
NOW FACTS...
So that explains why gas prices have jumped 38% since the 11/3/20 election as the above shows.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Global Energy Institute found that a fracking ban would double gasoline prices as oil prices spike to $130 per barrel, raise the average cost of living by $5,661 per person, and reduce employment by 19 million people over a five-year period. Prohibiting fracking would also quadruple electricity prices, reduce Gross Domestic Product (GDP) by $7.1 trillion, and increase natural gas prices by 324 percent from 2021 to 2025, causing household energy bills to more than quadruple. This would be the equivalent of a major recession.
“Would you close down the oil industry?” President Donald Trump pressed just before their closing statements.
Biden claimed that he wants to shut down the oil industry because it “pollutes significantly” and needs to be “replaced by renewable energy over time.”

Remember these are actual words of Obama and agreed to by Biden. Do these statements/policies help ?
Biden Has Promised to Kill the Keystone XL Pipeline. Activists Hope He’ll Nix Dakota Access, Too
So Biden is in favor as was Obama in 1 million barrels of oil traveling one mile on open Arctic ocean vs 700 barrels traveling
Some reports estimated the total economic loss from the Exxon Valdez oil spill to be as much as $2.8 billion. A 2001 study found oil contamination remaining at more than half of the 91 beach sites...
View attachment 443626

That has not happened. This is all speculation.

View attachment 443334

NOW FACTS...

View attachment 443626

That has not happened. This is all speculation.
Are you saying Exxon Valdez never happened?
Facts. Exxon Valdez Oil Spill
Or are you saying gas prices aren't increasing?
below was taken on 1/15/21 at a Walmart.
The below picture is the gas prices I've paid since 11/8/20.
IMG_0079.PNG

2.11gas011521.jpg

View attachment 443334

No it is not. The markets look at expected supply and expected demand in the near future. Why don't you get educated. A typical dumb Trump supporter.
You just repeated what I just said!
It’s that speculation of democrats stifling supply that is causing the increase in prices.

View attachment 443334

Since Biden's not in office none of his policies have been implemented so, if you're looking for someone to blame, try the mirror. As a Trump supporter you enable his actions including his energy decisions.

BTW, I remember, that's right, remember, not deny, back when you guys were excusing the $4.00 gas prices as "not so high compared to inflation." I know you don't like remembering your actual history so I'm here to help.

You're welcome.
The national gas price NEVER reached $4 under Trump.

Under Obama either so...your point exactly?

Mine is that under Obama regulations requiring better fuel efficiency along with support for EV and solar have served to drive energy prices down. Trump, on the other hand, has created market instability reflected in lack of pricing stability.

View attachment 443334

Since Biden's not in office none of his policies have been implemented so, if you're looking for someone to blame, try the mirror. As a Trump supporter you enable his actions including his energy decisions.

BTW, I remember, that's right, remember, not deny, back when you guys were excusing the $4.00 gas prices as "not so high compared to inflation." I know you don't like remembering your actual history so I'm here to help.

You're welcome.

Mine is that under Obama regulations requiring better fuel efficiency along with support for EV and solar have served to drive energy prices down. Trump, on the other hand, has created market instability reflected in lack of pricing stability.
Wrong. Obama explicitly drove energy prices up. Period. He wanted to stop fracking but couldn’t. Nothing Obama did enhanced oil supply. That is, not until he reversed his moratorium on Atlantic drilling just before the anticipated Hillary election thereby creating the illusion that further drops in gas prices would be because of her election.
Obama was not only the worst but also the creepiest president in my lifetime.

View attachment 443334

You're welcome.

The highest national average price of gas was $3.80 recorded Mar. 17, 2016. It has not reached $3 since. Fact #915: March 7, 2016 Average Historical Annual Gasoline Pump Price, 1929-2015

View attachment 443334

You're welcome.

Wrong. Obama explicitly drove energy prices up. Period. He wanted to stop fracking but couldn’t. Nothing Obama did enhanced oil supply. That is, not until he reversed his moratorium on Atlantic drilling just before the anticipated Hillary election thereby creating the illusion that further drops in gas prices would be because of her election.
Until Jan. 20, 2021

View attachment 443334

You're welcome.

The highest national average price of gas was $3.80 recorded Mar. 17, 2016. It has not reached $3 since. Fact #915: March 7, 2016 Average Historical Annual Gasoline Pump Price, 1929-2015

View attachment 443334

You're welcome.

You have the year wrong. It was 2012.
The high spike directly coincided with the Obama era, pre-fracking.
Don’t expect democrats to be aware of any of this. They can’t even remember as far back as last summer.

View attachment 443334

You're welcome.

Until Jan. 20, 2021
Good point. But that is really the beginning of the extension of Obama.

View attachment 443334
Obama was the worst most divisive president in history. I was wonderful when he was out of office. Now we are stuck with Obama yet again. Americans are done.

View attachment 443334

You're welcome.

View attachment 443334

You're welcome.

You have the year wrong. It was 2012.
The high spike directly coincided with the Obama era, pre-fracking.
Don’t expect democrats to be aware of any of this. They can’t even remember as far back as last summer.
I know there were localized spikes--I saw diesel over $5 and gasoline almost that high in the period you specify in CA. However, this info comes from the dept. of energy and it is the NATIONAL AVERAGE.

Forum List

Back