It just dawned on me

I just said that if you are of the anti-gay, God hates fags persuasion, there's a home for you at WBC.

Yes, yes you are.

Do I hate Gay people? No. Does me holding the belief that homosexuality is sinful automatically mean I hate them? No. Would I risk my life to save a gay person or defend them on the street? Heck yes I would! Would I defend their rights under the law? Of course! My beliefs don't dictate my behavior towards these people, and that sets me apart from those barbarians at Westboro. You on the other hand are controlled by your hatred, which dictates your behavior to anyone who disagrees with your viewpoint. Pretty sad. I am entitled to my beliefs, you are entitled to yours.

I also note, that you had such reverence for gay people that you managed to call them "fags." Let the hate flow through you, child.

I just said that if you are of the anti-gay, God hates fags persuasion, there's a home for you at WBC.

Yes, yes you are.

Do I hate Gay people? No. Does me holding the belief that homosexuality is sinful automatically mean I hate them? No. Would I risk my life to save a gay person or defend them on the street? Heck yes I would! Would I defend their rights under the law? Of course! My beliefs don't dictate my behavior towards these people, and that sets me apart from those barbarians at Westboro. You on the other hand are controlled by your hatred, which dictates your behavior to anyone who disagrees with your viewpoint. Pretty sad. I am entitled to my beliefs, you are entitled to yours.

I also note, that you had such reverence for gay people that you managed to call them "fags." Let the hate flow through you, child.
I don't "revere" gays. I just don't think they should be treated as second class citizens. I also don't hate anyone. Holding onto negativity and grudges is far too much work.

Did you know the Bible speaks more against eating shrimp than it does against homosexuality? Nobody seems to care about that.

Did you know that attempting to use the Old Testament as an argument for homosexuality is old and very disingenuous tactic, right?

The world changes, and a 2000 year old document doesn't mean shit. Get over it.

It means a lot to me mister. I suggest you get over it. It isn't society's place to dictate my beliefs or anyone else's, nor is it yours.
Reverse that towards yourself. It isn't your place to dictate someone else's beliefs either.

I just don't think they should be treated as second class citizens.

Was I suggesting they should be? Have you not been reading anything I've posted?

I also don't hate anyone. Holding onto negativity and grudges is far too much work.

Sure, but lumping me in with the Westboro Church isn't hateful, nor does it reflect a grudge (note the flaming sarcasm). Apparently it was easy enough for you to attempt to shame me for my opinion. Accepting different opinions for you is far too much work, it seems.

If there's one way to piss me off, you just did it. Why would you even resort to this kind of below the belt tactics? Why would it ever occur to you to pigeonhole me with those vile human beings? Hmm? How dare you?

For the record:

But if gays have you that upset, the WBC shares your point of view.

Being a veteran of thousands of political forum debates over the years, especially the ones over gay marriage, I've heard the assertion made by a Christian, "gay marriage will hurt my right to practice my faith effectively" and the retort would "how does someone being gay hurt your right to practice your faith effectively?"

So, I had an epiphany which dealt with the latter question. I was reading the news the other day which trumpeted an unprecedented move by the Presbyterian Church to approve of gay marriage. The epiphany? Not only is the Presbyterian church the largest Protestant denomination to endorse/accept gay marriage, it could start a disturbing and destructive trend within Christianity as it is in the United States.

That trend, if it continues, would effectively change the way I worship when and if in fact my denomination chose to approve of gay marriage. I as a Christian personally find this wholly unacceptable and a betrayal of the faith.

"For if someone sees you, who have knowledge, dining in an idol's temple, will not his conscience, if he is weak, be strengthened to eat things sacrificed to idols? For through your knowledge he who is weak is ruined, the brother for whose sake Christ died. And so, by sinning against the brethren and wounding their conscience when it is weak, you sin against Christ."

--1 Corinthians 8:10-12

"Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way. As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself.But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean. If your brother is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy your brother for whom Christ died. Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil. For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking,but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men.

Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother to fall. So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves. But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin."

--Romans 14:13-23
The Westboro Baptist Church is always on the lookout for new members of like mind.

Hey Gracie, I'm talking to you.

You seem to think that if others change their minds and no longer believe as you do you're beliefs are somehow being impacted.

They can change their own minds at their leisure, but it will create a great chasm within the faith. The same divisions that divide America will divide Christianity. So yes. When a decision threatens to divide my faith, it does in fact impact my beliefs.

So much for "one body in Christ" as it were.
That ship sailed a long time ago with Martin Luther and others. There are myriad Churches and denominations within modern Christianity, each with their own take on things. There are still lots of them holding views similar to yours in regard to homosexuals. Other Churches have reached out and become more inclusive. I guess we will have to wait and see which denominations continue to be relevant and which ones fall by the wayside.

You seem to think that if others change their minds and no longer believe as you do you're beliefs are somehow being impacted.

They can change their own minds at their leisure, but it will create a great chasm within the faith. The same divisions that divide America will divide Christianity. So yes. When a decision threatens to divide my faith, it does in fact impact my beliefs.

That ship sailed a long time ago with Martin Luther and others. There are myriad Churches and denominations within modern Christianity, each with their own take on things. There are still lots of them holding views similar to yours in regard to homosexuals. Other Churches have reached out and become more inclusive. I guess we will have to wait and see which denominations continue to be relevant and which ones fall by the wayside.
Why do you continue insulting me? Meet my ignore list troll.

Why do you continue insulting me? Meet my ignore list troll.
How is pointing out that there is no such thing as "one body in Christ" as regards Christianity today a personal insult to you? If you lined up all the various churches and denominations, there would only be a very few points on which they would all agree upon.

Forum List

Back