It is now time for a "Soft" Military Draft

Except for the queers, trannies, Negroes and Illegals who in their right mind would want to serve in a military with Joe Dufus as Commander in Chief? You might as well join the Chinese military.

Company-grade officers in Vietnam were the exception. Most were canon fodder anyway. OCS and ROTC, not really military folks at all.
As a Vietnam era veteran, I can say that your statement was bovine excrement. While company grade officers, enlisted and junior NCOs weren’t carrier soldiers, they were “military folks” right down to the bones. They sacrificed sweat, blood and years of their lives when their country called them to serve. There was literally no difference between draftees and enlistees. They bled the same blood, sweated the same sweat, dealt with the same fears and frustrations and had the same ultimate objectives- to survive, to help their buddies and other unti members to survive, to win every fight and to get home safely. Claiming that they were somehow lesser than career military is a odious insult to their duty, sacrifice and bravery, you should be ashamed of yourself.

I'll probably be lynched for this .... but

I think that there should be some form of compulsory service, not necessarily military, because I respect the rights of those who oppose war and violence, but there are other service avenues for that.

I also think there need to be more restrictions on a president for how he can engage our military in a conflict - and more required of Congress to allow it.

No one is expendable...we should never ever have another Gallipoli.
Good post.

In order to bring the all-volunteer army to fruition, "we" have had to dramatically increase the compensation of the lowest rungs, enhance the benefits, make it feasible for the lowest rungs to GET MARRIED
There's a prison sex ratio, and a military sex ratio. Dudes don't GET MARRIED in all caps. They get laid and they get fucked and they "move on" to the next relationship in the next military vice district.

What about those much higher up...the generals, etc? I admit...my historical perspectives could be biased here, I keep thinking about things like the battle of Gallipoli.
The British prior to WWl, like most of Europe, had used the system where wealthy land owning nobility, known as Gentlemen, purchased Officer's commissions with large amounts of money. Many had no military experience or leadership skills. Which is one reason Gallipoli turned into such a disaster for the British. ... :cool:

The British prior to WWl, like most of Europe, had used the system where wealthy land owning nobility, known as Gentlemen, purchased Officer's commissions with large amounts of money. Many had no military experience or leadership skills. Which is one reason Gallipoli turned into such a disaster for the British. ... :cool:
We have the exact same system nowadays in the United States with Ivy League ROTC, West Point Naval Academy, etc., etc., ad nauseam. Purple heart for cutting your finger on a ration can.

There are far too many Masonic decorations in the U.S. military altogether, and obscure classifications of military rank with commissioned versus non-commissioned officers private classes, speciaists, government rank and pay, paper-pushing Democrat government employees union benefit package and careerist pension plan in the military.

Every American must register for the Draft at age 18. Every registrant must take a short battery of written tests to assess their intelligence, aptitudes, and suitability for military service. They will be asked if they have any specific plans for the short term future...jobs, college, trade school, etc. They will also be given a physical examination to determine whether they are healthy and could be brought into good physical condition in a reasonable period of time.

THEN, the military services would be given the ability to INVITE candidates who meet their criteria to enlist in their branch of the military service. The candidates will be REQUIRED to respond to the invitation, and an absolute rejection would be an acceptable response. But it would give the military services the opportunity to sell their package, indicate what training would be given, and what an enlistment would entail, including pay, benefits, work assignments, veterans' benefits, and so on. It would be made clear that MARRIAGE and CHILD-BEARING are not compatible with this enlistment, and either one would be grounds for discharge under the new Soft Draft guidelines.

More "small government" conservatism at your service, folks.

I also think there need to be more restrictions on a president for how he can engage our military in a conflict - and more required of Congress to allow it.

No one is expendable...we should never ever have another Gallipoli.
Gallipoli? Churchill's WWI error? If it was an error ------ It was VERY badly led, mistake after mistake.

They had a truly great evacuation, though. There were no Americans on Gallipoli, of course.

So was the evacuation from Dunkirk, great evacuation. And from Greece. Churchill kept saying bitterly, "Wars aren't won by evacuations."

I'm still not sure that Gallipoli WAS a bad idea. Churchill never gave up the idea of war not on English (or European) territory --- Norway in 1940, the North African campaign, is a lot better than on our own territory and wears down the enemy. Is something that fails necessarily a bad idea? Huh. Vietnam was a failure AND a bad idea, IMO.

Did you mean to say Vietnam instead of Gallipoli, Coyote? Or were you drawing out the war nerds? :)

I'm glad the OP is around to remind us about the complete insanity of most conservatives.

"What we need is cannon fodder".

Yeah, drive YOUR kids and grand kids to the enlistment office and tell them that we need people who are expendable.
This reminds me of the appeals to get the vaccine, even if it might clot the blood in your brain!

we can start with the people living off of welfare that dont have jobs,,, they can deal with public sanitation and start cleaning streets and parks of trash and litter,,
You realize this is why the Army does want homosexuals and trannies and borderline retarded and join-the-army-or-go-to-jail types?

Better they get killed than smarter, better people.

It really was a mistake for Napoleon to enlist as his shock troops all the tall Frenchies. Frenchmen are now very short. When I went to Europe I was astounded how short they were. That's what happens to a country when the best are sent off repeatedly to war.

Nothing wrong with a draft. The military was actually a good career for poor kids to get into and do 20-30 years before the 'volunteer military' scam came along; now they get mentally ill 'transexuals' and dyke clubs.

Nothing wrong with a draft. The military was actually a good career for poor kids to get into and do 20-30 years before the 'volunteer military' scam came along; now they get mentally ill 'transexuals' and dyke clubs.
In other words there are people who don't conform to your expectations of gender and sexuality or partake appropriately of the vice you promote and compel through an organized criminal mental health legal system under mafia codes of omertà.

In other words there are people who don't conform to your expectations of gender and sexuality or partake appropriately of the vice you promote and compel through an organized criminal mental health legal system under mafia codes of omertà.

Shut up, Fredo.

[ Frenchmen are now very short. When I went to Europe I was astounded how short they were. That's what happens to a country when the best are sent off repeatedly to war.

I felt the same way when I made my first trip up north, through the Midwest and into Canada from Texas; we were kids and we were bigger than almost everybody up there from north of Oklahoma all the way to Ely. I was shocked at what passed for a hamburger up there; felt sorry for yankees ever since, a sad deprived race of dwarves and midgets.

Forum List

Back