Issues on which I disagree with the right

This can be the start of debate, or just a bit of disclaimer for me.

I'm libertarian. As I predicted in the introductions thread, I seem to be disagreeing with progressives/leftists on here and thus may appear to some of you to be right-wing. So, here's where I'm not right-wing:

Pretty much any right-wing belief that opposes liberty or equality of opportunity, or that favors government involvement in areas in which the government should butt out.

So - even though I wish there were far fewer abortions, or even no abortions - I don't favor banning them.

I don't favor prayers in public schools, because I think the 1A does not allow government officials to establish a religion in a tax-funded institution.

As a libertarian, I'd like to see government get out of the business of licensing marriage, but if they do license marriage, it should be available to all sexes, all perceived genders and in any number - barring under-age marriage. Libertarianism is for adults.

I don't favor the war on drugs.

I don't favor the wars in the middle-east.

I don't favor going to war to protect Taiwan.

The MIC has been wagging the dog far to long, IMHO.
As a general rule, a list of things that you don’t favor isn’t much of a position statement.

As a Constitutional conservative, I am a fan of liberty, equality, individual rights and sovereignty and the consent of the governed.

I recognize (as do many libertarians) that governmental authority tends to require the use of force or the threatened use of force in certain circumstances. That certainly come at odds with the goal of individual liberty and freedom. But it is seen as a necessity if government is to be able to actually govern.

For those and other reasons, I favor government which is limited and obliged to be limited. Our Constitutional Republic of enumerated powers, federalism, divided power, checks and balances and so forth was designed with that in mind. WE are our own sovereigns. We are not “subjects.”

A fellow poster noted, QUITE CORRECTLY, that, properly understood, the concept of libertarianism is NOT supposed to be synonymous with Anarchy. In the same vein, we didn’t crest this Republic to have a neutered government. We wanted to keep it within proper bounds. But we still wanted it to do the very job for which governments exist.

I'm libertarian. As I predicted in the introductions thread, I seem to be disagreeing with progressives/leftists on here and thus may appear to some of you to be right-wing. So, here's where I'm not right-wing:

Pretty much any right-wing belief that opposes liberty or equality of opportunity, or that favors government involvement in areas in which the government should butt out.

So - even though I wish there were far fewer abortions, or even no abortions - I don't favor banning them.

I don't favor prayers in public schools, because I think the 1A does not allow government officials to establish a religion in a tax-funded institution.

As a libertarian, I'd like to see government get out of the business of licensing marriage, but if they do license marriage, it should be available to all sexes, all perceived genders and in any number - barring under-age marriage. Libertarianism is for adults.

Do you feel that abortions should be federally funded?
Do you like it when out of a public school, some kids grow into teenagers and then shoot other kids in school, because God wasnt talked about in public schools?
It was Lyndon Baines Johnson who declared the war on drugs while pumping tons of cocaine into the projects to get the n****rs to kill themselves.
Establishment Republicans had to have a new enemy to bring their war machines profit which was why George 41 and 43 took US to war, and the brown turd Obammy continued, but allowed Hitlery to start the fire in the middle east by allowing ISIS to grow.

I am a libertarian/conservative. I believe in personal responsibility. I take care of my family, friends and me, that is all i should have to take care of, fuck everyone else, because they should be doing the same. If you want to do drugs go for it, just dont come to my house and try to rob me to support your habit. If you want to be a faggot, then keep it behind closed doors, i dont need to have your immoral shit forced upon me and demand that i accept it as normal, and if you get HIV, so be it, you put your dick where it doesnt belong so done whine to me about your medicines you cant afford. If you murder someone, you should be executed, because you took a life, your life is forfeit. You screw yourself over, that is on you, i dont need to take care of your stupidity...

For example, banning flag-burning.

Any law that bans burning a flag in a situation in which burning a blank piece of cloth would be legal, is a violation of rights.

The mere fact of being able to burn a U.S. flag without being arrested is part of what makes us a free country.
What about burning protestors, is that okay?

I don't favor prayers in public schools, because I think the 1A does not allow government officials to establish a religion in a tax-funded institution. .
For the government to declare that prayer is somehow religious in nature is contrary to the 1st amendment.

Under the 1st amendment, the government is not allowed to establish whether or not prayer or any other activity is a religious activity.

No law means no law. It's simply not the government's purview to establish what is or is not religion.

Last edited:

I think you are a bit confused.

Most of the things you mention above are not incompatible with being a Conservative.

"Perceived gender" though? That's nuts. We Conservatives are followers of Science. Gender is biological. If you are born with a Y chromosome, you are male.

We Conservatives protect women and give them equal rights. Letting men compete against women in sports harms them beyond belief. It can steal a woman's lifelong dream from her, or prevent her from getting sports scholarship.

Being born with a Y chromosome gifts one with larger lungs, larger heart, bigger muscles, more blood volume, and all kinds of other benefits which persist after gender reassignment surgery and hormone therapy.

The Leftists have brainwashed you with twisted logic to even believe that letting men steal medals from women, and letting creepy men use the same restrooms as our daughters, is somehow equitable. It couldn't be further from the truth.

Please rethink your position. And join us Conservatives who share your fondness for just Liberties, peace, and America first.

Regards,
Jim

Often.

Yes, I fully realize that it is a lost cause. Especially in light of the swing to authoritarianism that the country has taken in the last two years.

But my beliefs don't change based on popular sentiment.

I don't even know if the libertarian party has a color and I certainly didn't become libertarian because porcupines are cuter than elephants or donkeys.
Do you know Stinky McPeckerson by chance?

I believe that there have been cases in which the 1A was ruled to apply to individual states establishing a religion.

Either way, as long as I pay taxes to support public schools, I have a right to send my children there without their being indoctrinated into the local or state religion.

Sorry. MIC=Military Industrial Compex.

Let the Asian nations, and Australia take care of that.
I believe that there have been cases in which the 1A was ruled to apply to individual states establishing a religion.

Either way, as long as I pay taxes to support public schools, I have a right to send my children there without their being indoctrinated into the local or state religion.

Just to be clear, I don't like the idea of any government entity restricting 1st A rights, but I believe the founders were more concerned with the federal government and restricting it at the time, than they were about local cities and states being able to regulate these issues. If for instance Pennsylvania enacted a law that only allowed the practice of Quaker religious dogma, and NY made any other religion than Catholicism illegal, we would be a balkanized country and that wouldn't be desirable. People are free to move of course.

I'd have to dive into the Federalist Papers again and do some research, but that book was very difficult to read. It's so cerebral that I only get through several pages before I have to put it down. It's some seriously thought provoking material. I lost it in a fire anyway.

I do believe at a local level however, that a community should be able to demand the educational officials adhere to religious doctrines. It might require establishing secular and non secular schools but to have a straight ban on any religious practice across the entire country is just as egregious as congress mandating all religions except...

Let's just say "Scientology" isn't just a weird cult...

Imagine if Congress made that the only religion that could be practiced in any school was that shit. If a majority of people in a district are Christians, then bring on the Christmas Parties, with Jesus as a guest, and if you're a yid or carpet pilot, STFU and leave those people to do as they please. The same can be said of places like Dearborn MI. If they want to allow kids to throw rugs on the ground a few times a day and bang their heads on the floor muttering arabic jibberish to their moongod and pedophile false prophet, so be it.

I'd just move.

No, but as a libertarian there is a long list of things I don't want federally funded.
Do you like it when out of a public school, some kids grow into teenagers and then shoot other kids in school, because God wasnt talked about in public schools?
I don't see that connection at all.

I think you are a bit confused.

Most of the things you mention above are not incompatible with being a Conservative.

"Perceived gender" though? That's nuts. We Conservatives are followers of Science. Gender is biological. If you are born with a Y chromosome, you are male.
I agree, but so what?

Seriously, some person with an Adam's apple and a five o'clock shadow wants to wear a blouse and be called "she," what is that to me?

I agree no one should be forced to call that person "she," if they think it would be a lie, and have strong feelings about that. But as for me, it's no skin off my balls, so I take the polite road.

We Conservatives protect women and give them equal rights. Letting men compete against women in sports harms them beyond belief. It can steal a woman's lifelong dream from her, or prevent her from getting sports scholarship.
Being born with a Y chromosome gifts one with larger lungs, larger heart, bigger muscles, more blood volume, and all kinds of other benefits which persist after gender reassignment surgery and hormone therapy.

The Leftists have brainwashed you with twisted logic to even believe that letting men steal medals from women, and letting creepy men use the same restrooms as our daughters, is somehow equitable. It couldn't be further from the truth.

All that would not be an issue, if the government kept out of sports altogether. For example, I have no idea what the WNBA's position is on transwomen playing in their league. Nor do I need to know, that's there beezwax.

But for tax-funded schools, we have to have this debate with both "sides" claiming victim status and each side having a point.
Please rethink your position. And join us Conservatives who share your fondness for just Liberties, peace, and America first.

Regards,
Jim
Always happy to re-think!

Seymour

True.

I have to express many beliefs about current events in the form of "given that we have . . . "

Just like "Given that we have state-issued marriage licenses, their should be no discrimination as to which adults get them."

Chiming into the same-sex marriage debate by saying, "government should just stop issuing marriage licenses," would go over well on a libertarian forum, but would confuse most twoparty followers.
We just saw Buttigieg take many weeks off with pay with his spouse and two adopted children. For what! Why? Post partum issues! How does a nation compete with all of this? He is not even good at his job. All of the Prog people are inferior.

As a libertarian, I'd like to see government get out of the business of licensing marriage
As a libertarian, you’d be wrong about this.

Marriage is state contract law administered by state courts, and as such the sole purview of the states – the licensing process ensures that those entering into the marriage contract are eligible to do so.

Otherwise, you seem to be a progressive libertarian, as like progressives you believe that government should be limited to the enhancement of individual liberty.

Let's cut to the chase.

Who did you vote for in the last election?

The mere fact of being able to burn a U.S. flag without being arrested is part of what makes us a free country.
True – which progressive and liberals likewise agree with.

It’s likely that one of the reasons why libertarianism never ‘got off the ground’ is because much of what libertarians support is also supported by progressives and liberals.

CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW, this does not mean that individual states or communities cannot establish certain religions or regulate speech, protests, the press and freedom to assemble. This differs from the 2nd Amendment that blankets all of the citizens of the republic with a right no entity is allowed to infringe upon.
Wrong.

The First Amendment was incorporated to the states and local jurisdictions, including the Establishment Clause (see Gitlow v. New York (1925)); the individual states and communities are therefore prohibited form establishing certain religions or to limit speech, protests, the press, and freedom to assemble contrary to First Amendment case law.

Because public schools are part of local government, they’re likewise subject to Establishment Clause jurisprudence, prohibiting mandatory prayer in public schools.

The Second Amendment wasn’t incorporated to the states and local jurisdictions until 2010 (see McDonald v. Chicago); prior to that the Second Amendment applied solely to the Federal government.

It was Lyndon Baines Johnson who declared the war on drugs while pumping tons of cocaine into the projects to get the n****rs to kill themselves.
Establishment Republicans had to have a new enemy to bring their war machines profit which was why George 41 and 43 took US to war, and the brown turd Obammy continued, but allowed Hitlery to start the fire in the middle east by allowing ISIS to grow.

I am a libertarian/conservative. I believe in personal responsibility. I take care of my family, friends and me, that is all i should have to take care of, fuck everyone else, because they should be doing the same. If you want to do drugs go for it, just dont come to my house and try to rob me to support your habit. If you want to be a faggot, then keep it behind closed doors, i dont need to have your immoral shit forced upon me and demand that i accept it as normal, and if you get HIV, so be it, you put your dick where it doesnt belong so done whine to me about your medicines you cant afford. If you murder someone, you should be executed, because you took a life, your life is forfeit. You screw yourself over, that is on you, i dont need to take care of your stupidity...
A comprehensively ignorant, wrongheaded, ridiculous, and typically conservative post.

Forum List

Back