Israel’s High-Powered Laser System a ‘Breakthrough'

I'm never thrilled when they invent a new way to kill people.
I doubt that any sane human being enjoys the killing of others. Unfortunately, we live in a world full of evil that is driven by human nature. It has always and will always be the reality of our existence as long as we govern each other.
Unless I missed something in the article, though, it's clear that this system is defensive. As in, it can be used against drones or incoming projectiles. It does so at less expense and it saves lives. Those lives aren't just Jews, either.
If this system is capable of targeting individual people it wouldn't be a practical war-fighting tool because it would kill too few to be cost-effective. OTOH, if it enabled the IDF to kill political leadership responsible for attacks against Israel it would save the IDF from killing innocents around the criminals.

Saving civilian lives in Gaza has been a goal of the IDF for decades. It isn't because they are morally superior. It's because the world hates the Jewish State and will use every civilian death as a scourge to spread more hate against Israel for daring to defend its people. Alan Dershowitz coined the term "the dead baby strategy" and the Palestinian leadership makes good use of it.

1625190295883.png

*****SAD SMILE*****

:)

Forum List

Back