Israeli Style Democracy

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
Israel disqualifies contentious Arab candidate from election

A glimpse of the Chauvinistic Society based on genealogy in its Politics rather than a meritorious based Democracy like America's...

Israel disqualifies contentious Arab candidate from election - Yahoo News
JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel's elections committee on Thursday voted to disqualify a contentious Arab lawmaker from running in the country's March 17 parliamentary elections.

Lawmaker Hanin Zoabi is known for her feisty and abrasive style in parliament. She has sided with the Palestinians in their conflict with Israel, prompting some Israelis to brand her a traitor.

Israeli media say Thursday's committee vote passed by a majority. The decision could still be overturned by the Supreme Court, which has happened in the past.

Zoabi said she wasn't surprised by the vote which she called "unjust" and "racist" and said she plans to appeal the decision.

Hey bud, we elected a meritorious community organizer. And now we have to go here to find a paddle...

Shit%20Creek%20Paddle%20Store_zpsta2e5hgs.jpg

Israel disqualifies contentious Arab candidate from election

A glimpse of the Chauvinistic Society based on genealogy in its Politics rather than a meritorious based Democracy like America's...

Israel disqualifies contentious Arab candidate from election - Yahoo News
JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel's elections committee on Thursday voted to disqualify a contentious Arab lawmaker from running in the country's March 17 parliamentary elections.

Lawmaker Hanin Zoabi is known for her feisty and abrasive style in parliament. She has sided with the Palestinians in their conflict with Israel, prompting some Israelis to brand her a traitor.

Israeli media say Thursday's committee vote passed by a majority. The decision could still be overturned by the Supreme Court, which has happened in the past.

Zoabi said she wasn't surprised by the vote which she called "unjust" and "racist" and said she plans to appeal the decision.

I just had to wait for the first one to come up with this.

Please tell me why should there be a candidate in the Israeli government that is a traitor to the state? I'm in for a truly mature discussion.

If you're able.

"Chauvinistic Society"?? Wow, you're cluless. Israel is the only state in the MidEast which has strict rules of women in the Knesset, and the elected party is often judged by how many seats are filled by women.

I can also throw idiotic slogans in the air. It won't make me smarter.

"Chauvinistic Society"?? Wow, you're cluless. Israel is the only state in the MidEast which has strict rules of women in the Knesset, and the elected party is often judged by how many seats are filled by women.

Clearly doesn't know the definition of Chauvinism. LOL

Clearly doesn't know the definition of Chauvinism. LOL
You're right, I wanted to say racist but their Chauvinism is based on a pseudo religious genetic idea that allows religion to automatically be endowed at birth whether or not the recipient wants it even if the mother is an atheist?

Do you have a better term?

Have no worries about you getting smarter Lip, that is an impossibility...

In America we allow dissent as long as it is peaceful, stifling lawmakers is fascism, not Democracy...

In America we allow dissent as long as it is peaceful, stifling lawmakers is fascism, not Democracy...

Hanin Zuabi is not peaceful, and her actions were proved to be traitorous to the state multiple times.

So please, enlighten me, why should Israel allow a traitor to be in the Knesset.

Hanin Zuabi is not peaceful, and her actions were proved to be traitorous to the state multiple times.

So please, enlighten me, why should Israel allow a traitor to be in the Knesset.

Arab MK Zoabi insists she has never supported armed struggle against Israel - National - Israel News Haaretz
\“I have never called for support of an armed struggle,” Zoabi said in an affidavit. “I have never supported an armed struggle. I have never written an article supporting an armed struggle, and I have never given a speech supporting such a struggle.”

That's the problem, isn't it. The blacks in South Africa could never be loyal in a self declared White State as non-Jews cannot really be loyal to a self declared Jewish State. A dilemma for sure.

Haneen Zoabi, also Hanin Zoubi, (Arabic: حنين زعبي‎, Hebrew: חנין זועבי; born 23 May 1969) is a Palestinian Arab, an Israeli citizen,[1] and the first Arab woman to be elected to Israel's Knesset on an Arab party's list.[2] Representing the Balad party, Zoabi was victorious in the 2009 and 2013 legislative elections.[

Haneen Zoabi - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

So even though she is part of the government, you still find something to complain about Pbel.

There are no words to describe just how pathetic and deluded some of you pro Palestinians. Just, wow..........

"Central Election Committee votes overwhelmingly to disqualify Arab MK, while Yachad candidate's ban passes by one vote.."

I
02/12/2015 13:21

Zoabi, Marzel banned from running for Knesset

Central Election Committee votes overwhelmingly to disqualify Arab MK, while Yachad candidate's ban passes by one vote; both decisions to go to High Court.
ShowImage.ashx

Haneen Zoabi speaks at Central Elections Committee hearing to ban her from running for Knesset. (photo credit:MARC ISRAEL SELLEM/THE JERUSALEM POST)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
MK Haneen Zoabi (Balad) and Yachad candidate Baruch Marzel will not be able to run for seats in the next Knesset, the Central Elections Committee voted Thursday.

Zoabi Marzel banned from running for Knesset - Israel Elections - Jerusalem Post

She is not a traitor to her people, who make up what percentage of her/your country?
Excuse me? 'Her people'? what makes her loyal to 'her people' is what makes her traitor to 'us'
Arab israeli's are part of israel arnt they?
If you mean Israeli Arabs to be 'Her' people - She definitely a traitor to her people, she betrayed Israelis Arab, Jews at once.
If you mean Palestinians to be 'Her' people - She definitely a traitor for us - the Israelis - and have no place among us.

You simply like to present it in your blurred way to make Jews look bad, so pick one.

Haneen Zoabi, also Hanin Zoubi, (Arabic: حنين زعبي‎, Hebrew: חנין זועבי; born 23 May 1969) is a Palestinian Arab, an Israeli citizen,[1] and the first Arab woman to be elected to Israel's Knesset on an Arab party's list.[2] Representing the Balad party, Zoabi was victorious in the 2009 and 2013 legislative elections.[

Haneen Zoabi - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

So even though she is part of the government, you still find something to complain about Pbel.

There are no words to describe just how pathetic and deluded some of you pro Palestinians. Just, wow..........
I'm not complaining, but you can't pick and choose who serves in a Democracy by expulsion unless they commit a crime...Israel claims to be a Jewish State while she has millions of Israeli Muslims...How do you ask loyalty based on religion? Do you support a Theocracy?

Forum List

Back