Israeli Style Democracy

Israel disqualifies contentious Arab candidate from election...
Excellent.

The State of Israel is the Jewish National Home.

For Jews, primarily.

And anyone who either (1) doesn't fit the profile or (2) manifests hostility to Jewish rule - will be given short shrift.

They do not pretend to be a democracy for everyone.

But they are a democracy of-and-for Jews.

Which is all they've every really portrayed themselves as, when you get right down to where the bear shits in the woods.

They're quite happy to extend the full benefits of citizenship to those not of the Jewish faith who live within their borders, other than their adversaries in the West Bank and Gaza..

But they do not fell compelled to allow non-Jews into positions of power, when allowing such would work against the interests of the Jews and the State of Israel.

In their shoes, I'd probably do exactly the same thing.

Logical.

Haneen Zoabi, also Hanin Zoubi, (Arabic: حنين زعبي‎, Hebrew: חנין זועבי; born 23 May 1969) is a Palestinian Arab, an Israeli citizen,[1] and the first Arab woman to be elected to Israel's Knesset on an Arab party's list.[2] Representing the Balad party, Zoabi was victorious in the 2009 and 2013 legislative elections.[

Haneen Zoabi - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

So even though she is part of the government, you still find something to complain about Pbel.

There are no words to describe just how pathetic and deluded some of you pro Palestinians. Just, wow..........
I'm not complaining, but you can't pick and choose who serves in a Democracy by expulsion unless they commit a crime...Israel claims to be a Jewish State while she has millions of Israeli Muslims...How do you ask loyalty based on religion? Do you support a Theocracy?
I don't support theocracy but Israel is far from being one. Iran and Saudi Arabia both have religious courts. Those are theocracies.

Theocracy is a form of government in which clergy have official recognition as the ruler and official policy is either governed by officials regarded as divinely guided, or is pursuant to the doctrine of a particular religion or religious group

Theocracy - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Israel does not fit into that description....

Haneen Zoabi, also Hanin Zoubi, (Arabic: حنين زعبي‎, Hebrew: חנין זועבי; born 23 May 1969) is a Palestinian Arab, an Israeli citizen,[1] and the first Arab woman to be elected to Israel's Knesset on an Arab party's list.[2] Representing the Balad party, Zoabi was victorious in the 2009 and 2013 legislative elections.[

So even though she is part of the government, you still find something to complain about Pbel.

There are no words to describe just how pathetic and deluded some of you pro Palestinians. Just, wow..........
I'm not complaining, but you can't pick and choose who serves in a Democracy by expulsion unless they commit a crime...Israel claims to be a Jewish State while she has millions of Israeli Muslims...How do you ask loyalty based on religion? Do you support a Theocracy?
I don't support theocracy but Israel is far from being one. Iran and Saudi Arabia both have religious courts. Those are theocracies.

Theocracy is a form of government in which clergy have official recognition as the ruler and official policy is either governed by officials regarded as divinely guided, or is pursuant to the doctrine of a particular religion or religious group

You do have a dilemma, I'm not sure how to solve it especially in light of the demographics Israel will face in the future?

Last edited:
Excellent.

For Jews, primarily.

And anyone who either (1) doesn't fit the profile or (2) manifests hostility to Jewish rule - will be given short shrift.

Which is all they've every really portrayed themselves as, when you get right down to where the bear shits in the woods.

They're quite happy to extend the full benefits of citizenship to those not of the Jewish faith who live within their borders, other than their adversaries in the West Bank and Gaza..

But they do not fell compelled to allow non-Jews into positions of power, when allowing such would work against the interests of the Jews and the State of Israel.

Logical.

Sounds like something out of "Credo van 'n Afrikaner".

"or is pursuant to the doctrine of a particular religion or religious group"

Excellent.

For Jews, primarily.

Logical.

Sounds like something out of "Credo van 'n Afrikaner".
There ya go, then... fun, ain't it?

I have no problem with you. You make it clear that Israel is not a democracy and that it is a theocracy.

I have no problem with you. You make it clear that Israel is not a democracy and that it is a theocracy.
I am not the Defining Authority in such matters... merely another observer, with a modicum of Realism.

Israel is, indeed, a democracy, for a particular religious demographic, and those other demographics that pose no existential threat to it.

You do have a dilemma, I'm not sure how to solve it especially in light of the demographics Israel will face in the future?

Look at the link again where it shows current theocracies.

Par for the course in the Middle East. It is not surprising.

So the west allows everyone to start a political party and stand for election, or do they have strict rules governing just who can stand. A good example would be the Golden Dawn party of Greece that had its members arrested.

So it is par for the course in all civilised nations, of course islam being uncivilised just murders its political opponents to solve the problem. So would you prefer Israel acted as hamas and fatah do and just shoot the members of the opposition ?

"Chauvinistic Society"?? Wow, you're cluless. Israel is the only state in the MidEast which has strict rules of women in the Knesset, and the elected party is often judged by how many seats are filled by women.

I can also throw idiotic slogans in the air. It won't make me smarter.

Clearly doesn't know the definition of Chauvinism. LOL

For a definition of chauvinism just look at Islamic society and that is typical chauvinism. Which is why France passed a law last year to combat part of chauvanism

"Chauvinistic Society"?? Wow, you're cluless. Israel is the only state in the MidEast which has strict rules of women in the Knesset, and the elected party is often judged by how many seats are filled by women.

Clearly doesn't know the definition of Chauvinism. LOL
You're right, I wanted to say racist but their Chauvinism is based on a pseudo religious genetic idea that allows religion to automatically be endowed at birth whether or not the recipient wants it even if the mother is an atheist?

Do you have a better term?

So what do you call islam that endows all adherrents as gods chosen to rule the world and to be overlords of all animals and women ?

Have no worries about you getting smarter Lip, that is an impossibility...

In America we allow dissent as long as it is peaceful, stifling lawmakers is fascism, not Democracy...

And when that dissent becomes incitement to violence and murder what then ?

Israel disqualifies contentious Arab candidate from election

A glimpse of the Chauvinistic Society based on genealogy in its Politics rather than a meritorious based Democracy like America's...

Israel disqualifies contentious Arab candidate from election - Yahoo News
JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel's elections committee on Thursday voted to disqualify a contentious Arab lawmaker from running in the country's March 17 parliamentary elections.

Lawmaker Hanin Zoabi is known for her feisty and abrasive style in parliament. She has sided with the Palestinians in their conflict with Israel, prompting some Israelis to brand her a traitor.

Israeli media say Thursday's committee vote passed by a majority. The decision could still be overturned by the Supreme Court, which has happened in the past.

Zoabi said she wasn't surprised by the vote which she called "unjust" and "racist" and said she plans to appeal the decision.

I just had to wait for the first one to come up with this.

Please tell me why should there be a candidate in the Israeli government that is a traitor to the state? I'm in for a truly mature discussion.

If you're able.

Has she been charged, tried and convicted of treason? If not, she should be allowed to stand and hold office.

Have no worries about you getting smarter Lip, that is an impossibility...

In America we allow dissent as long as it is peaceful, stifling lawmakers is fascism, not Democracy...

Hanin Zuabi is not peaceful, and her actions were proved to be traitorous to the state multiple times.

So please, enlighten me, why should Israel allow a traitor to be in the Knesset.

So why wasn't she charged and tried for them?

Israel disqualifies contentious Arab candidate from election

A glimpse of the Chauvinistic Society based on genealogy in its Politics rather than a meritorious based Democracy like America's...

Israel disqualifies contentious Arab candidate from election - Yahoo News
JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel's elections committee on Thursday voted to disqualify a contentious Arab lawmaker from running in the country's March 17 parliamentary elections.

Lawmaker Hanin Zoabi is known for her feisty and abrasive style in parliament. She has sided with the Palestinians in their conflict with Israel, prompting some Israelis to brand her a traitor.

Israeli media say Thursday's committee vote passed by a majority. The decision could still be overturned by the Supreme Court, which has happened in the past.

Zoabi said she wasn't surprised by the vote which she called "unjust" and "racist" and said she plans to appeal the decision.

I just had to wait for the first one to come up with this.

Please tell me why should there be a candidate in the Israeli government that is a traitor to the state? I'm in for a truly mature discussion.

If you're able.

Has she been charged, tried and convicted of treason? If not, she should be allowed to stand and hold office.
If he-she-it manifests hostility to the founding ideals an purpose of The State, then The State is under no particular obligation to empower those seeking to overthrow it; the absence of the formality of a conviction for treason notwithstanding.

A mother is under no obligation to allow a rattlesnake to crawl into the crib of her infant, simply because it hasn't struck yet.

Here, in this country, we are large enough and strong enough and geographically isolated enough so that we would probably allow it in a bemused fashion.

But that's us... not other folks... and, for them, an alternative method of handling the situation seems to make more sense... their choice... I don't blame 'em.

She is not a traitor to her people, who make up what percentage of her/your country?
Excuse me? 'Her people'? what makes her loyal to 'her people' is what makes her traitor to 'us'

"Us", "Her People"? "There's something rotten in the state of Israel", methinks. What happened to:

"The State of Israel will be open for Jewish immigration and for the Ingathering of the Exiles; it will foster the development of the country for the benefit of all its inhabitants; it will be based on freedom, justice and peace as envisaged by the prophets of Israel; it will ensure complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants irrespective of religion, race or sex; it will guarantee freedom of religion, conscience, language, education and culture; it will safeguard the Holy Places of all religions; and it will be faithful to the principles of the Charter of the United Nations. "

By my count that's 0 out of 4 founding principles. Another failed state.

Forum List

Back