Israel violated Lebanons territory over 3000 times in 2012

My witness is asleep-----he saw it. He watched as ----one after the other----the youth of his town were buried -----dead of war wounds. It did not really happen?

P F Tinmore, et al,

I think we interpret the history differently.

The Palestine Mandate

The mandate was a monumental flop. Britain could never square the circle it had created. It was getting shot at from both sides. It left without ceding any land or sovereignty to the Zionists. Since the mandate was an administrative, not an ownership position, Palestine was not theirs to give away. Palestine still existed inside its international borders after the end of the mandate.
(COMMENT)

Yes, the British certainly didn't like the way the Arabs took to liberation, that is for sure. Nor did they appreciate the mounting terrorist pressure by the various Jewish activities.

BUT, Palestine is a name of a Region, not a country. No central Middle East nation of today was under its own control. The Western Alliances created these countries, as they exist today (with the exception of Saudi Arabia).

• Egypt: Independence: 28 February 1922 (from UK protectorate status; the revolution that began on 23 July 1952 led to a republic being declared on 18 June 1953 and all British troops withdrawn on 18 June 1956)
  • Iraq: Independence: 3 October 1932 (from League of Nations mandate under British administration)
  • ***Israel: Independence: 14 May 1948 (from League of Nations mandate under British administration)
  • Jordan: Independence: 25 May 1946 (from League of Nations mandate under British administration)
  • Lebanon: Independence: 22 November 1943 (from League of Nations mandate under French administration)
  • Saudi Arabia: Independence: 23 September 1932 (unification of the kingdom)
  • Syria: Independence: 17 April 1946 (from League of Nations mandate under French administration)
Israel's declaration of independence

Israel declared its independence from the mandate. Since the mandate was the administration of Palestine not the owner, there was nothing tangible that could be derived from that declaration. Israel did not claim any land or define any borders. Israel still has not done so.
(COMMENT)

It did define itself. You just decline to recognize the Application and Acceptance process. It is, by the way, the exact same process that the other Middle Eastern nations (Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, and Syria) used to declare their independence from their respective mandates.

You keep using words like "ownership." Let me make this as clear as I can make it. "Ownership" is a personal property term. It has absolutely nothing to do with national sovereignty or national boundaries.

Certainly none of the Middle Eastern Arab nations existed in the form they exist today before the 20th Century. Nearly all the Arab familiar lands had lost control of their respective territories to other more competent and advanced cultures.

The 1948 war

Israel claims That it was attacked by five Arab states, the Arabs lost, and Israel won land.

All three of those accounts are false.
(COMMENT)

Yes, and here again, you interpret the history that best suits your agenda. There is no question that Israel was attacked by the five newly formed Arab nations.

An Armistice was signed, and later broken. Yes, it is clear that you can split the hair and say that Israel did not win. But it still maintained control. So, possession is what it is. It was power to regulate its internal affairs without foreign interference. Israel had the power of the state to govern itself such as making laws, taxes, and treaties.

Israel doesn't claim it won the territory, it claims to have successfully defended its territory. There must have been some accuracy to that. On 11 May 1949, it was admitted to the UN after the UN acknowledged its creation.

Most Respectfully,
R

You are jumping the gun. We have not established that Israel had any territory.

My witness is asleep-----he saw it. He watched as ----one after the other----the youth of his town were buried -----dead of war wounds. It did not really happen?

Do really old people like you still have sex? :dunno:

SO? the USA correctly characterized HAMAS as a
terrorist organization and tried to help its
opponents to get rid of it -----a little bit with
some minor contribution of weapons SO?

too bad it did not work out
"It is impossible to say for sure whether the outcome in Gaza would have been any better—for the Palestinian people, for the Israelis, and for America’s allies in Fatah—if the Bush administration had pursued a different policy. One thing, however, seems certain: it could not be any worse."

So...Bush calls for "free" elections in Gaza, objects to the outcome of the first "free" elections in an Arab state, uses clandestine methods to fund an armed coup to overturn the outcome of the elections, loses yet again when Fatah can't win militarily, and HAMAS is the only "terrorist organization" you can spot?

What is your definition of "terrorism?"

The Gaza Bombshell | Vanity Fair

"It is impossible to say for sure whether the outcome in Gaza would have been any better—for the Palestinian people, for the Israelis, and for America’s allies in Fatah—if the Bush administration had pursued a different policy. One thing, however, seems certain: it could not be any worse."

So...Bush calls for "free" elections in Gaza, objects to the outcome of the first "free" elections in an Arab state, uses clandestine methods to fund an armed coup to overturn the outcome of the elections, loses yet again when Fatah can't win militarily, and HAMAS is the only "terrorist organization" you can spot?

Good points, however, Hamas won the elections in all of Palestine not just in Gaza.

Good points, however, Hamas won the elections in all of Palestine not just in Gaza.

ok they got Hamas----Several years ago I ended up in the country
court for jury service.------we has to state name and country of origin---
and then got sent to the main lobby to wait. To my surprise---
the middle aged man who claimed his country of origin as Lebanon
sat on my bench on my left and the man who claimed his country
of origin as syria ---sat on my right.----They commenced
a lively conversation in arabic----after a time they addressed me in
english----and complained about BUSH---saying---his policy of
getting arabs to vote for leaders is silly----they VOTE FOR THE IDIOTS
<<<< true story-----but I left out a major detail----the syrian
was a jew as was the lebanese man

Israel kicks all the Jews out of Gaza so they can have free elections. The Palistinians then elect a terrorist organization to be their government. As MJB always insists; Palestinian Mentality. Whatcha gonna do?

Israel kicks all the Jews out of Gaza so they can have free elections. The Palistinians then elect a terrorist organization to be their government. As MJB always insists; Palestinian Mentality. Whatcha gonna do?

They are not terrorists in Palestine where they were elected.

Opinion varies----I would describe any organization that creates
teaching material encouraging children to put bombs on their
asses to blow up other children ---to be "terrorist" Or any
organization which lauds sluts who have so engaged for that
self-same act -----for the 'edification' of the children of that
society----as 'terrorist' -----in cases of a ruling party----those
which allow such "teaching" are also terrorist organizations

Third grade, political name calling.

PF Tinmore, et al,

References:

A/RES/181(II) 29 November 1947 said:
B. THE JEWISH STATE
The north-eastern sector of the Jewish State (Eastern) Galilee) is bounded on the north and west by the Lebanese frontier and on the east by the frontiers of Syria and Transjordan. It includes the whole of the Hula Basin, Lake Tiberias, the whole of the Beisan sub-district, the boundary line being extended to the crest of the Gilboa mountains and the Wadi Malih. From there the Jewish State extends north-west, following the boundary described in respect of the Arab State.

The Jewish Section of the coastal plain extends from a point between Minat et Qila and Nabi Yunis in the Gaza sub-district and includes the towns of Haifa and Tel-Aviv, leaving Jaffa as an enclave of the Arab State. The eastern frontier of the Jewish State follows the boundary described in respect of the Arab State.

The Beersheba area comprises the whole of the Beersheba sub-district, including the Negeb and the eastern part of the Gaza sub-district, but excluding the town of Beersheba and those areas described in respect of the Arab State. It includes also a strip of land along the Dead Sea stretching from the Beersheba-Hebron sub-district boundary line to Ein Geddi, as described in respect of the Arab State.

This is the basic description.
Truncated & Combined: P F Tinmore said:
Speaking of 1948 borders, where is that 1948 map of Israel?
You are jumping the gun. We have not established that Israel had any territory.
(COMMENT)

Reference:

PALESTINE
PLAN OF PARTITION
WITH ECONOMIC UNION
proposed by the Ad Hoc Committee on the Palestinian Question
[Annex A to resolution 181 (II) of the General Assembly,
dated 29 November 1947]
0.43C
Resolution 181 was adopted to be included evidence and establishment documentation in the General Assembly though the UN Application Process documented in A/PV.207 11 May 1949: 161 Application of Israel for admission to membership in the United Nation report of the Ad Hoc Political Committee (A/855). Annex "A" was the Map. It, in part says:

207th plenary meeting said:
The General Assembly had adopted resolution 181 (II) containing provisions to that effect on 29 November 1947. That resolution was still in effect, since it had been, neither modified nor revoked by a later decision of the General Assembly.
Source: A/PV.207 of 11 May 1949

I think I've sent these links before (possibly not). I'm getting to be an old man and very forgetful.

Remembering that you don't like Israeli links, I've sent official UN links for you. I take it that this lays to rest the issues of the territories, boundaries, and the initial FEBA (Forward Edge of the Battle Area) as established immediately prior to the Arab Army Attack.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
give it a rest guys-----there are all kinds of references to a
JEWISH STATE in the middle east-----and the rest is just
a quibble over borders Tinnie---you lose.

My great grandparents were born in some place called
THE AUSTRIAN HAPSBURG EMPIRE -----there ain't no
such country in europe or in the UN. ----there are other
"countries" over there now. lots of border quibbling
over the decades and generations----I know only that
they spoke the language called YIDDISH----I am not
at all sure in which of today's "COUNTRIES"
they lived ------gee....... tinnie---borders can shift and
change and get into the quibble range. It is
REALITY

Do really old people like you still have sex? :dunno:

Is that a no? So how long has it been since you've had a good pounding?
It sure looks like Frau Ima, since his/her change in gender is somehow being sexually deprived or else he/she would have not brought up something like this. I thought your significant other was pleased with the change, Frau Ima.

PF Tinmore, et al,

References:

B. THE JEWISH STATE
The north-eastern sector of the Jewish State (Eastern) Galilee) is bounded on the north and west by the Lebanese frontier and on the east by the frontiers of Syria and Transjordan. It includes the whole of the Hula Basin, Lake Tiberias, the whole of the Beisan sub-district, the boundary line being extended to the crest of the Gilboa mountains and the Wadi Malih. From there the Jewish State extends north-west, following the boundary described in respect of the Arab State.

The Jewish Section of the coastal plain extends from a point between Minat et Qila and Nabi Yunis in the Gaza sub-district and includes the towns of Haifa and Tel-Aviv, leaving Jaffa as an enclave of the Arab State. The eastern frontier of the Jewish State follows the boundary described in respect of the Arab State.

The Beersheba area comprises the whole of the Beersheba sub-district, including the Negeb and the eastern part of the Gaza sub-district, but excluding the town of Beersheba and those areas described in respect of the Arab State. It includes also a strip of land along the Dead Sea stretching from the Beersheba-Hebron sub-district boundary line to Ein Geddi, as described in respect of the Arab State.

(COMMENT)

Reference:

PALESTINE
PLAN OF PARTITION
WITH ECONOMIC UNION
dated 29 November 1947]
0.43C
Resolution 181 was adopted to be included evidence and establishment documentation in the General Assembly though the UN Application Process documented in A/PV.207 11 May 1949: 161 Application of Israel for admission to membership in the United Nation report of the Ad Hoc Political Committee (A/855). Annex "A" was the Map. It, in part says:

207th plenary meeting said:
The General Assembly had adopted resolution 181 (II) containing provisions to that effect on 29 November 1947. That resolution was still in effect, since it had been, neither modified nor revoked by a later decision of the General Assembly.
Source: A/PV.207 of 11 May 1949

I think I've sent these links before (possibly not). I'm getting to be an old man and very forgetful.

Remembering that you don't like Israeli links, I've sent official UN links for you. I take it that this lays to rest the issues of the territories, boundaries, and the initial FEBA (Forward Edge of the Battle Area) as established immediately prior to the Arab Army Attack.

Most Respectfully,
R

Resolution 181 was never implemented and has no meaning. It was merely a proposal that never went anywhere.

Resolution 181 has no legal ramifications — that is, Resolution 181 recognized the Jewish right to statehood, but its validity as a potentially legal and binding document was never consummated. Like the proposals that preceded it, Resolution 181's validity hinged on acceptance by both parties of the General Assembly's recommendation.

Cambridge Professor Sir Elihu Lauterpacht, Judge ad hoc of the International Court of Justice, a renowned expert on international law and editor of one of the 'bibles' of international law, Oppenheim's International Law, clarified that from a legal standpoint, the 1947 UN Partition Resolution had no legislative character to vest territorial rights in either Jews or Arabs.

Resolution 181 had been tossed into the waste bin of history, along with the Partition Plans that preceded it.

Think-Israel

PF Tinmore, et al,

References:

B. THE JEWISH STATE

(COMMENT)

Reference:

PALESTINE
PLAN OF PARTITION
WITH ECONOMIC UNION
dated 29 November 1947]
0.43C

Most Respectfully,
R

Resolution 181 was never implemented and has no meaning. It was merely a proposal that never went anywhere.

Resolution 181 has no legal ramifications — that is, Resolution 181 recognized the Jewish right to statehood, but its validity as a potentially legal and binding document was never consummated. Like the proposals that preceded it, Resolution 181's validity hinged on acceptance by both parties of the General Assembly's recommendation.

Cambridge Professor Sir Elihu Lauterpacht, Judge ad hoc of the International Court of Justice, a renowned expert on international law and editor of one of the 'bibles' of international law, Oppenheim's International Law, clarified that from a legal standpoint, the 1947 UN Partition Resolution had no legislative character to vest territorial rights in either Jews or Arabs.

Resolution 181 had been tossed into the waste bin of history, along with the Partition Plans that preceded it.

Think-Israel

And yet, the Israelis still have their own country.
Does that still make you cry?

Some people have a hard time with ----existence of
countries getting back to the
AUSTRIAN HAPSBURG EMPIRE-----I think it once
swallowed poland-----but I am not sure What
I really would like to see is that ten thousand year old
map ------of "palestine" with the names of the
palestinian towns in arabic and-----the minarets of
Tel Aviv

Third grade, political name calling.

children in the third grade are very impressionable---
they remember and do not give up easily that
which is presented as fact----adulation of a person
like WAFA IDRIS as a female paragon of virtue