Israel tells the US to Go Fxxx Itself, again.

Netanyau should have reminded biden and hillary what their boss said.

Obama tells AIPAC Jerusalem must remain capital of Israel. - Lynn Sweet

Obama "And Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel, and it must remain undivided"

Mike, i'm afraid Obama said that during the run for president. apparently, now that the jews have voted for him, the jews can go to hell.

There isn't a single US president who has ever proposed that the Jews give up Jerusalem as its capital, so stop being ridiculous. There have been plenty of interim deals, SIGNED ONTO BY ISRAEL AND THEN RENEGED UPON, which redrew the borders. Just look at some of the maps of Israel and the West Bank, particularly how they have increasingly encroached upon areas previously agreed upon as belonging to Palestinians.

Israeli settlement: Information from Answers.com

you're right. until now there hasn't been a president that has declared that, but that is exactly where obama is leading us. in all honestly, i don't really much care. like most israeli's i've only been once or twice to east jerusalem in my life, and if it gives me peace and quiet, i'm prepared to divide it.

the fact is the three times in the last 62 years palestinians have refused independence in the west bank and gaza - 1948, when they refused to accept the partition plan, 2000, when arafat rafused to accept gaza and anything between 95-98% of the gaza strip plus territory exchange while in turn stopping terror, and in 2008 when abbas refused olmert's offer of 98.8% of the west bank plus gaza (provided he can actually get control there). so i have to ask myself - do the palestinians really want a two state solution?

Netanyau should have reminded biden and hillary what their boss said.

Obama tells AIPAC Jerusalem must remain capital of Israel. - Lynn Sweet

Obama "And Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel, and it must remain undivided"

Mike, i'm afraid Obama said that during the run for president. apparently, now that the jews have voted for him, the jews can go to hell.

There isn't a single US president who has ever proposed that the Jews give up Jerusalem as its capital, so stop being ridiculous. There have been plenty of interim deals, SIGNED ONTO BY ISRAEL AND THEN RENEGED UPON, which redrew the borders. Just look at some of the maps of Israel and the West Bank, particularly how they have increasingly encroached upon areas previously agreed upon as belonging to Palestinians.

Hello?? I just quoted Obama. Size 7 isn't big enough for you to see?

you're right. until now there hasn't been a president that has declared that, but that is exactly where obama is leading us. in all honestly, i don't really much care. like most israeli's i've only been once or twice to east jerusalem in my life, and if it gives me peace and quiet, i'm prepared to divide it.

the fact is the three times in the last 62 years palestinians have refused independence in the west bank and gaza - 1948, when they refused to accept the partition plan, 2000, when arafat rafused to accept gaza and anything between 95-98% of the gaza strip plus territory exchange while in turn stopping terror, and in 2008 when abbas refused olmert's offer of 98.8% of the west bank plus gaza (provided he can actually get control there). so i have to ask myself - do the palestinians really want a two state solution?

The Palestinians were never offered 95% of anything.

Hello?? "Undivided" means undivided; not divided into two sections separately governed. NO PRESIDENT HAS EVER, EVER SUGGESTED DIVIDING THE CITY OF JERUSALEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I missing some point of yours? Maybe if you climbed down from your egotistical high horse and stopped YELLING, you could be more clear.

Hello?? "Undivided" means undivided; not divided into two sections separately governed. NO PRESIDENT HAS EVER, EVER SUGGESTED DIVIDING THE CITY OF JERUSALEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I missing some point of yours? Maybe if you climbed down from your egotistical high horse and stopped YELLING, you could be more clear.

Because teh U.S. does not recognize Jerusalem as the capital.
* United States The United States views as desirable the establishing of an international regime for the city.[24] Its final status must be resolved through negotiations[25] and it does not recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital.[26]

United States policy on Jerusalem refers specifically to the geographic boundaries of the "City of Jerusalem" based on the UN's corpus separatum proposal. De jure, Jerusalem is part of the Palestine Mandate and has not been under sovereignty of any country since.[27] President Bush (1989–1993) stated that the United States does not believe new settlements should be built in East Jerusalem[28] and that it does not want to see Jerusalem "divided". The administration of President Barack Obama has condemned expansion of Gilo, as well as evictions and house demolitions affecting Palestinians living in East Jerusalem.[29]
Ever wonder why you are factually wrong on every issue?

Middle East Historical Documents -Text of JERUSALEM EMBASSY ACT OF 1995 and Presidential Waiver"

JERUSALEM EMBASSY ACT OF 1995

US SENATE BILL "S. 1332".

Public Law 104-45
104th Congress
an Act

To provide for the relocation of the United States Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

Section 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the "Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995".

Sec. 2. FINDINGS. (1-17)

The Congress makes the following findings:

(1) Each sovereign nation, under international law and custom, may designate its own capital.

(2) Since 1950, the city of Jerusalem has been the capital of the State of Israel.

(3) The city of Jerusalem is the seat of Israel´s President, Parliament, and Supreme Court, and the site of numerous government ministries and social and cultural institutions.

(4) The city of Jerusalem is the spiritual center of Judaism, and is also considered a holy city by the members of other religious faiths.

(5) From 1948-1967, Jerusalem was a divided city and Israeli citizens of all faiths as well as Jewish citizens of all states were denied access to holy sites in the area controlled by Jordan.

(6) In 1967, the city of Jerusalem was reunited during the conflict known as the Six Day War.

(7) Since 1967, Jerusalem has been a united city administered by Israel, and persons of all religious faiths have been guaranteed full access to holy sites within the city.

(8) This year marks the 28th consecutive year that Jerusalem has been administered as a unified city in which the rights of all faiths have been respected and protected.

(9) In 1990, the congress unanimously adopted Senate Concurrent Resolution 106, which declares that the Congress " strongly believes that Jerusalem must remain an undivided city in which the rights of every ethnic and religious group are protected".

(10) In 1992, the United States Senate and House of Representatives unanimously adopted Senate Concurrent Resolution 113 of the One Hundred Second Congress to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the reunification of Jerusalem, and reaffirming congressional sentiment that Jerusalem must remain an undivided city.

(11) The September 13, 1993, Declaration of Principles on Interim Self-Government Arrangements lays out a timetable for the resolution of "final status" issues, including Jerusalem.

(12) The agreement on the Gaza strip and Jericho Area was signed May 4, 1994, beginning the five-year transitional period laid out in the Declaration of Principles.

(13) In March of 1995, 93 member of the United states Senate signed a letter to Secretary of State Warren Christopher encouraging "planning to begin now" for relocation of the United States Embassy to the City of Jerusalem.

(14) In June of 1993, 257 members of The United States House of Representatives signed a letter to the Secretary of State Warren Christopher stating that the relocation of the United states Embassy to Jerusalem "should take place no later that 1999".

(15) The United States maintains its embassy in the functioning capital of every country except in the case of our democratic friend and strategic ally, the State of Israel.

(16) The United States conducts official meetings and other business in the city of Jerusalem in de facto recognition of its status as the capital of Israel.

(17) In 1996, the State of Israel will celebrate the 3,000th anniversary of the Jewish presence in Jerusalem since King David´s entry.

SEC. 3. TIMETABLE.

(a) Statement of the Policy of the United States.

(1) Jerusalem should remain an undivided city in which the rights of every ethnic and religious group are protected. (2) Jerusalem should be recognized as the capital of the State of Israel; and (3) the United States Embassy in Israel should be established in Jerusalem no later than May 31, 1999.

(b) Opening Determination.---Not more than 50 percent of the funds appropriated to the Department of State for fiscal year 1999 for "Acquisition and Maintenance of Buildings Abroad" may be obligated until the Secretary of State determines and reports to Congress that the United States Embassy In Jerusalem has officially opened.

SEC. 4. FISCAL YEARS 1996 AND 1997 FUNDING.

(a) Fiscal year 1996----Of the funds authorized to be appropriated for " Acquisition and Maintenance of Buildings Abroad" for the Department of State in fiscal year 1996, not less than $25,000,000 should be made available until expended only for construction and other costs associated with the establishment of the United States Embassy in Israel in the capital of Jerusalem.

(b) (a) Fiscal year 1996----Of the funds authorized to be appropriated for " Acquisition and Maintenance of Buildings Abroad" for the Department of State in fiscal year 1997, not less than $25,000,000 should be made available until expended only for construction and other costs associated with the establishment of the United States Embassy in Israel in the capital of Jerusalem.

SEC. 5 REPORT ON IMPLEMENTATION.

Not later than 30 days after the date of enactment of this Act, the Secretary of State shall submit a report to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the Committee on Foreign Relations of the Senate detailing the Department of State´s plan to implement this Act. Such report shall include

(1) estimated dates of completion for each phase of the establishment of the United States Embassy, including site identification, land acquisition, architectural, engineering and construction surveys, site preparation, and construction; and (2) an estimate of the funding necessary to implement this Act, including all costs associated with establishing the United States Embassy in Israel in the capital of Jerusalem.

SEC. 6. SEMIANNUAL REPORTS.

At the time of the submission of the President´s fiscal 1997 budget request, and every six months thereafter, the Secretary of State shall report to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the Committee on Foreign Relations of the Senate on the progress made toward opening the United States Embassy in Jerusalem.

SEC. 7. PRESIDENTIAL WAIVER.

(a) Waiver Authority.

(1) Beginning on October 1, 1998, the president may suspend the limitations set forth in section 3(b) for a period of six months if he determines and reports to Congress in advance that such suspension is necessary to protect the national security interests of the United States. (2) The President may suspend such limitations for an additional six month period at the end of any period during which the suspension is in effect under this subsections if the President determines and reports to Congress in advance of the additional suspension that the additional suspension is necessary to protect the national security interests of the United States. (3) A report under paragraph (1) or (2) shall include (A) a statement of the interests affected by the limitation that the President seeks to suspend; and (B) a discussion of the manner in which the limitation affects the interests. (b) Applicability of Waiver to Availability of Funds.---If the President exercises the authority set forth in subsection (a) in a fiscal year for the purpose set forth in such section 3(b) except to the extent that the limitation is suspended in such following fiscal year by reason of the exercise of the authority in subsection (a).

SEC. 8. DEFINITION.

As used in this Act, the term "United States Embassy" means the offices of the United States Diplomatic mission and the residence of the United States chief of mission.

{Note by the Office of the Federal Register: The foregoing Act, having been presented to the President of the United States on Thursday, October 26, 1995, and not having been returned by him to the House of Congress in which it originated within the time prescribed by the Constitution of the United States, has become law without his signature on November 8, 1995.}

PA rejects Olmert's offer to withdraw from 93% of West Bank

in 2000, at camp david, not only did barak offer arafat more 94% of the west bank, he offered him soveriegnty over the arab neighborhoods in east jerusalem an guardianship of the haram al-sharif. arafat turned him down. read martin indyk's book "innocent abroad" if you eant to know the truth.

PF Tinmore doesnt want to know the truth. He wants to play at repeating Palestinian propaganda. This is a man who posted that Israel is not a country because it has no borders.

in 2000, at camp david, not only did barak offer arafat more 94% of the west bank, he offered him soveriegnty over the arab neighborhoods in east jerusalem an guardianship of the haram al-sharif. arafat turned him down. read martin indyk's book "innocent abroad" if you eant to know the truth.

Jerusalem will never again be given to the Arabs. Even when there was a territory of Palestine under British control with official borders, Jerusalem wasn't the capitol. This makes about as much sense as Shogun marrying Tzipi Lvini.

* United States The United States views as desirable the establishing of an international regime for the city.[24] Its final status must be resolved through negotiations[25] and it does not recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital.[26]

United States policy on Jerusalem refers specifically to the geographic boundaries of the "City of Jerusalem" based on the UN's corpus separatum proposal. De jure, Jerusalem is part of the Palestine Mandate and has not been under sovereignty of any country since.[27] President Bush (1989–1993) stated that the United States does not believe new settlements should be built in East Jerusalem[28] and that it does not want to see Jerusalem "divided". The administration of President Barack Obama has condemned expansion of Gilo, as well as evictions and house demolitions affecting Palestinians living in East Jerusalem.[29]

Read further:

The United States Congress passed the Jerusalem Embassy Act in 1995, stating that "Jerusalem should be recognized as the capital of the State of Israel; and the United States Embassy in Israel should be established in Jerusalem no later than May 31, 1999. As a result of the Embassy Act, official U.S. documents and web sites refer to Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Israeli-occupied territories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Click on the map of Jerusalem at that site ^. Just because the US accepts Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and that includes President Obama, doesn't mean that he wants those Palestinians residing in small sections of the city removed therefrom. It's a nofuckingbrainer.

How many border crossing were there that did not have to go through Israel?

if you must know - since every border the new state would be with israel alone (with the exception of rafah, which today is controlled by egypt and hamas), they would be controlled by israel and the PA. still - arafat preferred the second intifada.

I hope congress passes a resolution slapping back Obama and his pro arab terrorist adminsitration.

When will America and the rest of the world understand that Jerusalem is, has been and will always be the undivided capital of the Jewish people?

During World War 2 when thousands Jews were fleeing Eastern Europe from the Nazis, British immigration control rejected the Jews because Jewish Palestine had already had too many Jewish immigrants... America wouldn't take them, Cuba wouldn't... in fact, no country would take these Jews. So, they had to turn back and go back to Eastern Europe where they eventually met their fate. THIS is why we need a Jewish state -- for a homeland for ALL Jews to ALWAYS be welcome!

Judaism originated and was centered in Jerusalem for thousands of years before the Roman Empire illegally threw the Jews out of Jerusalem and exiled them. THIS is why we need a Jewish state!

There are more Jewish artifacts that back up what occurred in the Torah and the Tenach (Old Testament) than any other religious scripture in history. There are walls, Temples, tombs, coins, pottery, dead sea scrolls.... and they all, ALL point to a Jewish people living in a Jewish state named ERETZ YISRAEL (The land of Israel). THIS is why we need a Jewish state!

It's for that reason that I cannot understand why Israeli Jews don't understand the plight of the Palestinians, who also have no "home."

No such thing as a Palestinian, pure propaganda, the plight of the Arabs in Israel, all they got to do is lay down the guns and bombs and join the 21st century.

Jews understand the plight of all people, that is why Arabs or as you called them palestinians live in peace side by side with Jews, Arabs are members of the Israel government, Arabs are members of the Jewish military.

The Arab problem is mostly a Sunni problem, if there were no Jews in the Middle East than the fight would continue, Sunni against Shia, or the Saudis against everyone who does not follow the backwards sunni religion.

I hope congress passes a resolution slapping back Obama and his pro arab terrorist adminsitration.

I hope I bang a supermodel this week. About the same chance of either happening.

If what you say is true, this might be the week when you get lucky. The Obama administration is already getting some blow-back from members of both parties in Congress about its very public temper tantrum, and if Obama pushes too hard against Israel, Congress just might pass a resolution voicing its displeasure with the administration as it did when Bush pushed too hard against Israel during Operation Defensive Shield in 2002.

MIDEAST TURMOIL: CONGRESS; House and Senate Support Israel in Strong Resolutions

WASHINGTON, May 2— The House and Senate voted overwhelmingly today in rapid succession to express strongly worded support for Israel in its recent military operations, largely brushing aside last-minute attempts by the Bush administration to soften language criticizing the Palestinians.

The two Congressional resolutions were nonbinding, but they put the legislative branch of government on record as backing the military actions of Prime Minister Ariel Sharon of Israel, even as President Bush has called on Israel to end its ''occupation'' of Palestinian towns.

The Senate voted 94 to 2 in favor of its resolution, which also calls on the Palestinian Authority to act against terrorism, as Mr. Bush has also done. The House voted 352 to 21 for a tougher-worded measure stating concern that the actions of Yasir Arafat, the Palestinian leader, ''are not those of a viable partner for peace.'' Twenty-nine House members voted present as a protest that the resolution was too tilted toward Israel.

MIDEAST TURMOIL - CONGRESS - MIDEAST TURMOIL - CONGRESS - House and Senate Support Israel in Strong Resolutions - NYTimes.com

And just in case anyone might think this incident might go beyond political posturing on the part of the Obama administration,

WASHINGTON, March 16 (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Tuesday said the United States and Israel have a "close, unshakable bond" and that Washington remained absolutely committed to Israeli security.

"We have an absolute commitment to Israel's security. We have a close, unshakable bond between the United States and Israel," Clinton told a news briefing, markedly softening the rhetoric after several days of sharp diplomatic exchanges over Israel's announcement of new settlement construction.

Reuters AlertNet - Clinton pledges "unshakeable" bond with Israel

When will America and the rest of the world understand that Jerusalem is, has been and will always be the undivided capital of the Jewish people?

During World War 2 when thousands Jews were fleeing Eastern Europe from the Nazis, British immigration control rejected the Jews because Jewish Palestine had already had too many Jewish immigrants... America wouldn't take them, Cuba wouldn't... in fact, no country would take these Jews. So, they had to turn back and go back to Eastern Europe where they eventually met their fate. THIS is why we need a Jewish state -- for a homeland for ALL Jews to ALWAYS be welcome!

Judaism originated and was centered in Jerusalem for thousands of years before the Roman Empire illegally threw the Jews out of Jerusalem and exiled them. THIS is why we need a Jewish state!

There are more Jewish artifacts that back up what occurred in the Torah and the Tenach (Old Testament) than any other religious scripture in history. There are walls, Temples, tombs, coins, pottery, dead sea scrolls.... and they all, ALL point to a Jewish people living in a Jewish state named ERETZ YISRAEL (The land of Israel). THIS is why we need a Jewish state!

It's for that reason that I cannot understand why Israeli Jews don't understand the plight of the Palestinians, who also have no "home."

By "home" I assume you mean a state of their own, and the Jews in Israel, as well as honest, thinking people everywhere understand that the state they want is the state of Israel as well as the disputed territories. Why is it that people who like to prattle about the "plight of the Palestinians" don't understand that the Israelis don't want to give up their own state to the Arabs?

When the "Palestinians" start thinking of themselves primarily as Palestinians instead of primarily as Arabs or Muslims who are committed to obliterate the affront to Arab/Muslim honor called Israel, they may be able to establish a state of their own next to the Jewish state of Israel, or alternatively, to paraphrase Golda Meir, when the Palestinians learn to love their children more than they hate Israel, they may be able to establish a state of their own next to the Jewish state of Israel.

if you must know - since every border the new state would be with israel alone (with the exception of rafah, which today is controlled by egypt and hamas), they would be controlled by israel and the PA. still - arafat preferred the second intifada.

What about that long border with Jordan?

Read further:

The United States Congress passed the Jerusalem Embassy Act in 1995, stating that "Jerusalem should be recognized as the capital of the State of Israel; and the United States Embassy in Israel should be established in Jerusalem no later than May 31, 1999. As a result of the Embassy Act, official U.S. documents and web sites refer to Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Israeli-occupied territories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Click on the map of Jerusalem at that site ^. Just because the US accepts Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and that includes President Obama, doesn't mean that he wants those Palestinians residing in small sections of the city removed therefrom. It's a nofuckingbrainer.

Which arabs are being building removed from Jerusalem?

All Israel is building a new apartment building in it's capital.

They have every right and even duty to do so.

Palestinian? What's a Palestinian?

Statement by Zuheir Mohsein, Member of the Supreme Council of the PLO:

"There are no differences between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. We are all part of one nation. It is only for political reasons that we carefully underline our Palestinian identity, because it is in the interest of the Arabs to encourage a separate Palestinian identity in contrast to Zionism. Yes, the existence of a separate Palestinian identity is there only for tactical reasons. The establishment of a Palestinian state is a new expedient to continue the fight against Zionism and for Arab unity

Trouw (Dutch newspaper) March 31, 1977

One always finds in Palestine Arabs who have been in the country only a few weeks or a few months...Since they are themselves strangers in a strange land, they are the loudest to cry: 'Out with the Jews!...Amongst them are to be found representatives of every Arab country: Arabs from Transjordan, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Egypt, the Sudan and Iraq.

(Ladislas Farago, Palestine at the Crossroads (New York: Putnam 1937) p17

The Jordanian Foreign Minister said (Adwa'min pp. 4-5):

Jordan is Palestine and Palestine is Jordan, and Jordan hails every Palestinian who seeks to do his duty to his cause and his country

Jordan is linked to Palestine by a national relationship and a national unity forged by history and culture from earliest times. The creation of one political entity in East Jordan and another in Palestine would have no basis either in legality or as to the elements universally accepted as fundamental to a political entity.

(R. Hamid (ed.) Muqararat al-majlis al-watani al-filastini 1964 Resolutions of the PNCs 1964-1974, Beirut, PLO Research Centre, 1975, p178 Declaration of the 8th Palestinian National Congress)

Statement by Ahmed Shuqeiri, to the UN Security Council in 1949

It is common knowledge that Palestine is nothing but southern Syria

Palestine has never existed...as an autonomous entity. There is no language known as Palestinian. There is no distinct Palestinian culture. There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians. Palestinians are Arabs, indistinguishable from Jordanians (another recent invention), Syrians, Lebanese, Iraqis, etc.

Keep in mind that the Arabs control 99.9 percent of the Middle East lands. Israel represents one-tenth of one percent of the landmass. But that's too much for the Arabs. They want it all. And that is ultimately what the fighting in Israel is about today...No matter how many land concessions the Israelis make, it will never be enough.

From Myths of the Middle East, Joseph Farah, Arab-American editor and journalist, WorldNetDaily, 11 October 2000

Forum List

Back