Israel tells the US to Go Fxxx Itself, again.

If the Israelis want to act like the big kid on the block, let them do it without the support of the US. They have no respect of us, so why should we support them?

and there you have the crux of the problem.

now let me ask, if we change the name of 'Israel' here in this sentence to a number of countries the USofA pledges it's support to, would we put up with this sh*t for 3 generations?

~S~

I always thought that these computers would allow us to research more effectively, but,, when it comes to getting the Library of Congress report on the US relationship with Israel, have fun trying. I was given a copy by my Congressperson. It was very, VERY, enlightening. It talks about who gets the most US Foreign Aid (Israel is #1), and who is next, etc.. But, the report also highlights some of the games the Israelis have pulled with missile technology, etc. How Israel has broken laws by selling classified weapons info to China, etc.. There is a ton of great stuff in the document that the US government has been tracking (but has done little to correct) with regard to this sponsor sponsor of spies, Israel.

I believe most people who read this document, produced by the US Government, would question why we have put up with Israel's nonsense for so long.

I suggest you contact your Congressperson and see if a copy could be provided to you.

Tom Friedman, probably one of the most knowledgeable experts on this subject, nailed it in his column yesterday. And the answer is NO, we should NOT be putting up with this kind of crap from Israel any longer.

Op-Ed Columnist - Driving Drunk in Jerusalem - NYTimes.com

...the vice president missed a chance to send a powerful public signal: He should have snapped his notebook shut, gotten right back on Air Force Two, flown home and left the following scribbled note behind: “Message from America to the Israeli government: Friends don’t let friends drive drunk. And right now, you’re driving drunk. You think you can embarrass your only true ally in the world, to satisfy some domestic political need, with no consequences? You have lost total contact with reality. Call us when you’re serious. We need to focus on building our country.”

Friedman is not knowledable. He is a pro arab pussy.

Crap? Israel can do what it wants within it's own country.

And it certainly has every right to build housing for it's people within it's own capital.

What Biden should have done is reaffirm what Obama said before he got elected that jerusalem is Israel's eternal undived capital.

Netanyau should have reminded biden and hillary what their boss said.

When will America and the rest of the world understand that Jerusalem is, has been and will always be the undivided capital of the Jewish people?

During World War 2 when thousands Jews were fleeing Eastern Europe from the Nazis, British immigration control rejected the Jews because Jewish Palestine had already had too many Jewish immigrants... America wouldn't take them, Cuba wouldn't... in fact, no country would take these Jews. So, they had to turn back and go back to Eastern Europe where they eventually met their fate. THIS is why we need a Jewish state -- for a homeland for ALL Jews to ALWAYS be welcome!

Judaism originated and was centered in Jerusalem for thousands of years before the Roman Empire illegally threw the Jews out of Jerusalem and exiled them. THIS is why we need a Jewish state!

There are more Jewish artifacts that back up what occurred in the Torah and the Tenach (Old Testament) than any other religious scripture in history. There are walls, Temples, tombs, coins, pottery, dead sea scrolls.... and they all, ALL point to a Jewish people living in a Jewish state named ERETZ YISRAEL (The land of Israel). THIS is why we need a Jewish state!

I must have missed it.. when did Israel turn it's Sovereign Nation Status over to the United States?

If Israel is a Sovereign Nation, then they clearly don't need any funding from the United States to exist. They don't need funding for their war/death/genocide machines, etc etc.

People should pick a country to support. There should not be dual citizenship. Either you are an American, or you are an Israeli. Pick ONE and live the choice.

For the record, Harry Truman was, and will always be an asshole. What a disgrace.

between 2000-2008 close to 80 countries world wide have recieved US foreign aid (economic and military aid, foreign grants, etc.), including spain, turkey, greece india, south africa and south korea. should I inform them they're no longer considred sovereign or will you take care of that?

voting procedure in the UN is going to get A LOT quicker...

I must have missed it.. when did Israel turn it's Sovereign Nation Status over to the United States?

If Israel is a Sovereign Nation, then they clearly don't need any funding from the United States to exist. They don't need funding for their war/death/genocide machines, etc etc.

People should pick a country to support. There should not be dual citizenship. Either you are an American, or you are an Israeli. Pick ONE and live the choice.

For the record, Harry Truman was, and will always be an asshole. What a disgrace.

between 2000-2008 close to 80 countries world wide have recieved US foreign aid (economic and military aid, foreign grants, etc.), including spain, turkey, greece india, south africa and south korea. should I inform them they're no longer considred sovereign or will you take care of that?

none of those nations are tracking shit onto the US carpet like israel is when it puts the jewish ethnicity above finding common ground with non-jews.

but hey, don't let that keep you from insisting that everything israel does is OK as long as you can project attention somewhere else.

Friedman is not knowledable. He is a pro arab pussy.

Crap? Israel can do what it wants within it's own country.

And it certainly has every right to build housing for it's people within it's own capital.

What Biden should have done is reaffirm what Obama said before he got elected that jerusalem is Israel's eternal undived capital.

If Israel can do what it wants, then how 'bout they do it without $3 billion from the USA every year?

As usual, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. This time regarding Tom Friedman. He himself is Jewish and has two daughters who were born in Israel. Here's a part of his Wikipedia entry:

Career

Thomas Friedman at the Miami Book Fair International of 1990Friedman joined the London bureau of United Press International after completing his masters degree. He was dispatched a year later to Beirut, where he stayed until 1981. He was then hired by The New York Times as a reporter, and was redispatched to Beirut at the start of the 1982 Israeli invasion of Lebanon. Friedman's coverage of the war, particularly the Sabra and Shatila massacre,[11] won him the Pulitzer Prize for International Reporting. With David K. Shipler, he also won the 1982 George Polk Award for Foreign Reporting.

He was assigned to Jerusalem from 1984 to 1988, and received a second Pulitzer Prize for his coverage of the First Palestinian Intifada. Afterwards he wrote a book, From Beirut to Jerusalem, describing his experiences in the Middle East.

Friedman covered Secretary of State James Baker during the administration of United States President George H. W. Bush. Following the election of Bill Clinton in 1992, he became the White House correspondent for the Times. In 1994, he began to write more about foreign policy and economics, and moved to the op-ed page of The New York Times the following year as a foreign affairs columnist. In 2002, Friedman won the Pulitzer Prize for Commentary "for his clarity of vision, based on extensive reporting, in commenting on the worldwide impact of the terrorist threat."

In February 2002, Friedman met Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah and personally encouraged him to make his comprehensive attempt to end the Arab-Israeli conflict by normalizing Arab relations with Israel in exchange for the return of refugees alongside an end to the Israel territorial occupations. Abdullah proposed the Arab Peace Initiative at the Beirut Summit that March, which Friedman has strongly supported since.[

Economist Edward Herman has complained that Friedman makes denigrating remarks about Arabs and the Arab world:

[Thomas Friedman is]...regularly denigrating Arabs for their qualities of emotionalism, unreason, and hostility to democracy and modernization. His classic remark, in the same interview in which he lauds the proxy terrorism model, was that we mustn't go too far in forcing Palestinian concessions because, "I believe that as soon as Ahmed has a seat in the bus, he will limit his demands."

obama tells aipac jerusalem must remain capital of israel. - lynn sweet

obama "and jerusalem will remain the capital of israel, and it must remain undivided"

well no shit !!!

Israel has already bitten off plenty of the West Bank. If it wants to remain a Jewish democracy, its only priority now should be striking a deal with the Palestinians that would allow it to swap those settlement blocs in the West Bank occupied by Jews for an equal amount of land from Israel for the Palestinians and then reap the benefits — economic and security — of ending the conflict...Friedman

none of those nations are tracking shit onto the US carpet like israel is when it puts the jewish ethnicity above finding common ground with non-jews.

but hey, don't let that keep you from insisting that everything israel does is OK as long as you can project attention somewhere else.

Aaah....the "if you're recieving US foreign aid, you're still sovereign, just as long as you be a good boy" Sovereignty - i think i've heard about that in a poli sci lecture once.

When will America and the rest of the world understand that Jerusalem is, has been and will always be the undivided capital of the Jewish people?

During World War 2 when thousands Jews were fleeing Eastern Europe from the Nazis, British immigration control rejected the Jews because Jewish Palestine had already had too many Jewish immigrants... America wouldn't take them, Cuba wouldn't... in fact, no country would take these Jews. So, they had to turn back and go back to Eastern Europe where they eventually met their fate. THIS is why we need a Jewish state -- for a homeland for ALL Jews to ALWAYS be welcome!

Judaism originated and was centered in Jerusalem for thousands of years before the Roman Empire illegally threw the Jews out of Jerusalem and exiled them. THIS is why we need a Jewish state!

There are more Jewish artifacts that back up what occurred in the Torah and the Tenach (Old Testament) than any other religious scripture in history. There are walls, Temples, tombs, coins, pottery, dead sea scrolls.... and they all, ALL point to a Jewish people living in a Jewish state named ERETZ YISRAEL (The land of Israel). THIS is why we need a Jewish state!

It's for that reason that I cannot understand why Israeli Jews don't understand the plight of the Palestinians, who also have no "home."

It's for that reason that I cannot understand why Israeli Jews don't understand the plight of the Palestinians, who also have no "home."

Maggie, as in Israeli Jew i can tell you i do want the palestinians do have their own state. i just don't want their national home to come at the expense of mine.

Maggie, as in Israeli Jew i can tell you i do want the palestinians do have their own state. i just don't want their national home to come at the expense of mine.

How can you say that when yours is in theirs.

you know the answer to this: jews count and everyone else can kiss a hebrew ass. Being CHOSEN means something, you know.

as far as i'm concerned, they can have the west bank and gaza, i've never been there and i don't much care to.

Netanyau should have reminded biden and hillary what their boss said.

Obama tells AIPAC Jerusalem must remain capital of Israel. - Lynn Sweet

Obama "And Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel, and it must remain undivided"

Mike, i'm afraid Obama said that during the run for president. apparently, now that the jews have voted for him, the jews can go to hell.

There isn't a single US president who has ever proposed that the Jews give up Jerusalem as its capital, so stop being ridiculous. There have been plenty of interim deals, SIGNED ONTO BY ISRAEL AND THEN RENEGED UPON, which redrew the borders. Just look at some of the maps of Israel and the West Bank, particularly how they have increasingly encroached upon areas previously agreed upon as belonging to Palestinians.

Israeli settlement: Information from Answers.com

I'm sure Palestinians feel exactly the same way, since the land was initial theirs. Where do you suggest they establish their "nation"??

Forum List

Back