Isn't it weird how the Soviet spies that liberals insist were never here had so much power?

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
California
I was watching and it just got me thinking. It's kind of weird how the KGB agents that only existed in McCarthy's imagination managed to do so much damage to our culture and society in such a short period of time. Many of the ideas and movements created by the infiltration agents that liberals in government still insist never infiltrated the US government still exist today. Even the CPUSA which never had any connection to the CPSU still exists in the same form it did when the non-existent Soviet intelligence officers organized it, and so do many of the completely neutral, anational Moscow-controlled front groups that made up the official peace movement. It's almost worthy of grudging respect how figments of the Birchers' imaginations managed to convince falsely slandered liberal scientists who never had contact with Soviet agents to give them the nuclear technology that made the USSR such a serious threat, turn our own intelligence into wrongly accused traitors that absolutely did not sell out their country for a couple mil, and create the modern incarnation of progressivism that has no Communist roots whatsoever nearly singlehandedly.

Last edited:
Odd

Seems like we are the ones who are still here

I just wish conservatives could stop with the paranoid delusions and accept that it's impossible for any foreign entity to have an intelligence presence in America, just like it was back then. Americans are too smart to fall for these kinds of tactics. Our government is immune to penetration of any sort. Nobody is out to get you, everyone is your friend, and it'd be really great if you could give them some launch codes.

It amazes me that the paranoia and fear mongering from 60 years ago that we laughed about is still lingering with the right

I know. It's really, really stupid. If they opened their eyes then they would see that there was no issue. Just listen to the former KGB guy talking about how the KGB operated in the countries it didn't operate in. The last step of the subversion process they never used is normalization. They put the country back together again once they took it apart and fixed the broken, non-Marxist-Leninist values inside of it, and even shot the traitors they relied on to crack it open for them afterwards. Conservatives just had to interrupt them before they got to that step here and mess everything up, because they're just that short sighted. They would have gotten exactly what they wanted had they not interfered: the brave men and women they were working against would have been put up against a wall anyway. And they wouldn't have been left with a half converted, still broken country. All they had to do was let the non-existent agents do what they do best - the same agents who had the American proletariat's best interests in mind. Hell, they even bankrolled all of the anti-nuclear and peace activists trying to keep the US military from hoarding technology and invading third world countries. How is that not a sure sign they were the good guys?

Last edited:
I was watching and it just got me thinking. It's kind of weird how the KGB agents that only existed in McCarthy's imagination managed to do so much damage to our culture and society in such a short period of time. Many of the ideas and movements created by the infiltration agents that liberals in government still insist never infiltrated the US government still exist today. Even the CPUSA which never had any connection to the CPSU still exists in the same form it did when the non-existent Soviet intelligence officers organized it, and so do many of the completely neutral, anational Moscow-controlled front groups that made up the official peace movement. It's almost worthy of grudging respect how figments of the Birchers' imaginations managed to convince falsely slandered liberal scientists who never had contact with Soviet agents to give them the nuclear technology that made the USSR such a serious threat, turn our own intelligence into wrongly accused traitors that absolutely did not sell out their country for a couple mil, and create the modern incarnation of progressivism that has no Communist roots whatsoever nearly singlehandedly.

The German fascist did a similar thing just before wWW2. It's interesting to note how communist and fascist have nearly the same political strategies that are still being employed today. Long live Obama is not a sentiment I share with my fellow democrats.

It amazes me that the paranoia and fear mongering from 60 years ago that we laughed about is still lingering with the right

Paranoia is a psychological diagnosis. The Soviet Union would do the same thing to people who pointed out evil things were going on. They were crazy....

Forum List

Back