Islam vs. Islamism: Answering a question on the article “Who dares to invite the elephant to the room?”

May 14, 2016

I had a nice discussion on the article “Who dares to invite the elephant into the room?” with a smart ambassador from the country of smart people, I liked this question and I will answer it in this article:​

What is the difference between the ordinary Muslim and the Islamist?

Both the ordinary Muslim and the Islamist believe in Islam as “beliefs, practices, rituals, and laws” (the Islamic law -Sharia- contains among its branches sentences and legal punishments for specific crimes). The ordinary Muslim believes that he is only responsible for beliefs, practices, rituals, and parts of Sharia related to his personal life while the government shoulders the responsibility to laws and no further obligations on individual Muslims. So, the real difference is in the responsibility to Islamic laws not in “the existence of Islamic laws”. Sometimes, the ordinary Muslim expresses anger upon the bad implementation of Islamic laws and might blame Islamists for that but the theoretical existence of Sharia is not questionable for him.

It is true that Islam is not an ideology, Islam is a religion. Yet, it has some ideological aspects.

Although I prefer moderate and progressive Islamic thoughts, I don’t tend to practice hypocrisy by attacking radical Islamists to get closer to secularism. Sometimes, I state clearly, “progressive and radical Islamists and even ordinary Muslims, share some ideological aspects.”

the full text
or here

By Mekki ELMOGRABI, Press Writer on African Affairs​

WhatsApp & Telegram +249912139350 [email protected]

I had a nice discussion on the article “Who dares to invite the elephant into the room?” with a smart ambassador from the country of smart people, I liked this question and I will answer it in this article:​

Both the ordinary Muslim and the Islamist believe in Islam as “beliefs, practices, rituals, and laws” (the Islamic law -Sharia- contains among its branches sentences and legal punishments for specific crimes). The ordinary Muslim believes that he is only responsible for beliefs, practices, rituals, and parts of Sharia related to his personal life while the government shoulders the responsibility to laws and no further obligations on individual Muslims. So, the real difference is in the responsibility to Islamic laws not in “the existence of Islamic laws”. Sometimes, the ordinary Muslim expresses anger upon the bad implementation of Islamic laws and might blame Islamists for that but the theoretical existence of Sharia is not questionable for him.

It is true that Islam is not an ideology, Islam is a religion. Yet, it has some ideological aspects.

Although I prefer moderate and progressive Islamic thoughts, I don’t tend to practice hypocrisy by attacking radical Islamists to get closer to secularism. Sometimes, I state clearly, “progressive and radical Islamists and even ordinary Muslims, share some ideological aspects.”

the full text
or here

Don't agree with all you said, but with some if it.

Thanks for the link to 'Brown Land News' site; I bookmarked it. I noted some independent journalism there, though it seems to be a one man operation the news stories are informative.

the full text
or here

Nada, zip, zero, nothing. To allow one, is to allow the other. Muslims are all about deceit, trickery, a form of magic. Islamic law is a lam, sick, loveless law. Shariah is not God's law. Muslims want to enforce it on everyone. Bad implementation? Islamic law is bad, period. It is a fear giving law that is so bad, it cannot be made to be worse.

Last edited:

the full text
or here

Nada, zip, zero, nothing. To allow one, is to allow the other. Muslims are all about deceit, trickery, a form of magic. Islamic law is a lame, good for nothing, sick, loveless law. Shariah is not God's law. Muslims want to enforce it on everyone. Bad implementation? Islamic law is bad, period. It is a fear giving law that is so bad, it cannot be made to be worse. God's mind needs to be in our mind saying fear, not don't be afraid, and don't worry to people. Fallen beings will not say that through a person.

Forum List

Back