Isaiah 53, the forbidden chapter of the Hebrew Bible

I'm neither a Hebrew nor Greek scholar.

You don't read the language of your Bible, but you claim to know it?
And you may claim to know the language of your Bible, but you likely don't read it --- at least not take it at simple face value.

if you take a translation of any book, especially a scriptural writing "at face value", little nip---you is STOOOOPID. Theoretically I COULD learn Sanskrit----but if I decided to take the idea of an army of FLYING monkeys at "face
value" I would be a shallow minded idiot. .
Getting back to "face value" I have never met an "enthusiastic" christian willing to even attempt to understand the New Testament
Well, I will introduce you some. Yet I presume that you wont like it... Home

too late----I read your idiot propaganda YEARS AGO (pre-internet). I also read both the New Testament and the "old testament" ---in my teen years. FYI I have no "Jewish Education" as a child. I had MORE christian education as a child because a friendly neighbor (lutheran) took me to Sunday school many times to accompany her daughter.
But I was also an avid READER as a kid and came to understand that the sunday school teacher was a jerk
Not all Sunday School teachers are "jerks", and not all "Christians" are Fundamentalists nor born-again for that matter. You should attempt to study the Bible once more, now that you are more mature.

try again----at no time did I write "..... all Sunday School teachers are jerks" "attempt to study the
bible..." ? I probably know it far better than do you
but just wanted to say that a lot of Messianic Jews came to Christ because of Isaiah 53

It's tempting for some to believe that "Messianic Jews" are Jews who became xtians but retained Jewish ritual.

But, the fact is, the majority of Messianic Jews were born xtian and adopted Jewish ritual as a way of hooking in Jews to their religion.

Messianic Judaism and groups such as "Jews for Jesus" are Protestant xtian groups and are funded by Protestant xtian churches.
Yes, I would have to say that "Protestant" groups are likely to fund Biblical missionary work. Christians do not want anyone to go to hell without hearing the Gospel message. However, many Jews I have met do not practice their Orthodoxy. What they have are family TRADITIONS. I have even talked to "Jews" who are atheists. And oddly, most Jews would much rather see such relatives remain atheists than to come to believe in GOD and become Christians. I'm sure that GOD expects more from individuals than the wearing of odd looking fedoras and dreadlocks by each ear; however, GOD will take anyone just as he is and make of them a new creature if they are willing to seek GOD beyond mere traditions.

your post is rude, vulgar and disgusting
I seem to have hit a nerve with you. Sorry, but my post is anything but rude, vulgar, and disgusting. It is honest and straight to the point. If the only thing that makes a Jew a Jew is his cultural traditions (with no regard for GOD) what real value of it is there? If, however, the fact is that all those traditions point to GOD and HIS salvation of fallen humanity, then it is of eternal value. Christians shouldn't be practicing "Christianity" to make other Christians happy ---- but to embrace GOD! And Jews should not be practicing Judaism to bring contentment to other Jews, but for the very same reason previously stated!

more rude, vulgar, filth. It takes a real peanut brain SCHMUCK to mock modes of dress. There is no "god" in christianity-----it is all tinsel, candycanes and jelly beans
So you mock the Savior but are upset over one's view of style?

style? savior? The dress style of the person you call "jesus" included a fringed mantle and trimmed hair except at the cheekbone and the beard. It is described, HISTORICALLY---in detail
I'm not speaking of beards nor fringed mantles. I'm speaking of modern haircuts with Shirley Temple curls at the "temples" in an attempt to appease the law of Moses through compromise. And this is exactly what non-Messianic Jews have been doing since their Temple at Jerusalem was cast to the ground. They don't sacrifice. There is no Holy of Holies. They have been compromising in every attempt to appease GOD ---- according to "rabbinical" standards. If what I'm saying is false, then why is every effort being made to breed a red cow by Jews? יֵשׁוּעַ paid it all. It is finished (salvation wise). It's been finished for 2000 years and the Messiah will return and establish HIS MILLENNIAL KINGDOM eventually; however, the 7 year TIME OF JACOB's TROUBLE must occur first. And frankly, I firmly believe everything that has happen particularly in the last approx. 100 years is quickly bringing everything to a climax.

Ok----you want to believe that based on some lines
in Isaiah and there are jews who want to remember
some lines in the Tanach. six of one and half dozen
of the other

well-----ok. It's certainly not what other christians
seem to believe. So much for Metaphors. You seem to present the whole story like the Garden of Eden ---
Metaphor
One might say Metaphor, but if so, Metaphor to the tenth power, emphasis on power. The reason I like metaphor is because it is a reminder of all we cannot know. Metaphor to explain reality.

One doesn't need to be a rabbi, pastor or a priest to read and understand the bible.

But, one should at least know how to read it. If you can't read and understand Hebrew, you aren't studying Torah. You're studying someone else's adulterated version of it.

You're still putting restrictions on God by claiming that one must know Hebrew in order to understand the bible. That's simply false. God purposely set things up in a way that ordinary people could know Him, not just the highly educated. In fact, the scriptures actually say the opposite of that. It says: "But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong" (1 Cor 1:27)

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying one should't look at the original language. I do that all the time, using a Hebrew lexicon. I like to see the original word and how it is used in other scriptures.

But as I posted before, for believers, God gave us the Holy Spirit and HE is our teacher. So we don't have to rely on church leaders or a select few rabbis to tell us what to think.

"highly educated"? one need not be "highly educated" to read hebrew-----my very own hubby was virtually an expert at age 4 -----but aramaic frustrates him. "Holy spirit" ? good-- so why try to quote a
translation of the bible?

No, that's not what I said. I was replying to fnecco's earlier point where said (sarcastically) "I'm sure your decades of Yeshiva education...." My point was decades of education is not necessary to know God.

education in Sanskrit is necessary to understand
the Bhagavad Gita . Education in hebrew and
aramaic is necessary to read and understand the
"old testament" Attempts to analyze the meaning
without knowing anything about the languages and USAGES OF THE TIME does not work.

You're putting God in a box. Again, do you honestly think that the living God of the universe doesn't want regular people to know Him? Do you really think that God set things up in a way that only a tiny number of people with decades of education hold the keys to understanding God?

Not only is that untrue, the bible is very clear that the exact opposite is true.

God purposely uses the simple and "foolish" to shame the "wise." Why? That's a thread in and of itself.
I presume you believe it takes years to earn an advanced degree in English, but learning The Torah isn't worth the effort.

Where on earth did you get that idea? No, I don't believe it takes an advanced degree of any kind.

I already posted scriptures (from both the Old and New testaments) that clearly show that when we come to God, HIS spirit is our teacher... we do not have to rely on priests, rabbis or anyone else. That doesn't mean we can't learn from other people. Of course I believe in learning from others, others who are spiritually mature and have true wisdom. But having a degree is not the key to those things. I mean look at atheists. Some of them are highly educated, yet completely spiritually blind. If you disagree, then you are thinking in a very worldly way.
It's funny...every time some Christian Evangelist encounters myself or someone I know, we always ask if they can read Scripture in the original language...Hebrew.
To the person, the Christian Evangelist always looks shocked and walks away.
You have it easy because you don't have to look me in the eye.

Not to mention that the Kings James Version is a horrendous translation.
The Septuagint was translated badly because every Jew who knew Hebrew would know it's a joke.

well-----ok. It's certainly not what other christians
seem to believe. So much for Metaphors. You seem to present the whole story like the Garden of Eden ---
Metaphor
One might say Metaphor, but if so, Metaphor to the tenth power, emphasis on power. The reason I like metaphor is because it is a reminder of all we cannot know. Metaphor to explain reality.

there are lots of Metaphors in the poetry and scriptural writings of all the literate peoples in history (and some
which were just the stories, legends and songs) You have your own CHOSEN METAPHORS

As to xtianity being a polytheistic religion.
It is not...most emphatically not.

That's YOUR interpretation ... and I won't attempt to talk you out of it.

06d04f617156d9465e6a00137aff353d.jpg

Real property is land and anything permanently attached to land. Reality property is the difference between a house in the world and a house in SIMS
Scribble out some kind of deed or title or something like that rubber-stamp it in a government office notary public seal it doesn't make a difference anyways nobody gives a fuck the government don't stay off private property anyways tax thieves come and confiscate everything and haul you into court for it big time in the fed pen anyways. When the fuck ever expected anything any different?

That's YOUR interpretation ... and I won't attempt to talk you out of it.
A belief that God is One is no interpretation. And no, you cannot convince me God is more than One. If you can see Him as such...shrug. I do not.

You have your own CHOSEN METAPHORS
More accurately, the reality I see and sometimes explain with metaphors.

oh----metaphors are dependent on the languages in which they are written. I cited the issue of Sanskrit
and the Bhagavad Gita because Hindus I have known have assured me that Ravanna did not really have an army of flying monkeys. Hebrew metaphors have been developed over thousands of years----in hebrew and they have been used by people who were familiar with them and then batted about so that their meaning would not be lost

Who's trying to convince you?
I am trying to convince you God is One. :)
Dad was a math teacher. Also a basketball coach. And a football referee. Was he three people?
When he taught math, he drew the problem. He explained it with words. He watched students work the problem to see if they had any problems. Was he three teachers?

One doesn't need to be a rabbi, pastor or a priest to read and understand the bible.

But, one should at least know how to read it. If you can't read and understand Hebrew, you aren't studying Torah. You're studying someone else's adulterated version of it.

You're still putting restrictions on God by claiming that one must know Hebrew in order to understand the bible. That's simply false. God purposely set things up in a way that ordinary people could know Him, not just the highly educated. In fact, the scriptures actually say the opposite of that. It says: "But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong" (1 Cor 1:27)

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying one should't look at the original language. I do that all the time, using a Hebrew lexicon. I like to see the original word and how it is used in other scriptures.

But as I posted before, for believers, God gave us the Holy Spirit and HE is our teacher. So we don't have to rely on church leaders or a select few rabbis to tell us what to think.

"highly educated"? one need not be "highly educated" to read hebrew-----my very own hubby was virtually an expert at age 4 -----but aramaic frustrates him. "Holy spirit" ? good-- so why try to quote a

No, that's not what I said. I was replying to fnecco's earlier point where said (sarcastically) "I'm sure your decades of Yeshiva education...." My point was decades of education is not necessary to know God.

without knowing anything about the languages and USAGES OF THE TIME does not work.

You're putting God in a box. Again, do you honestly think that the living God of the universe doesn't want regular people to know Him? Do you really think that God set things up in a way that only a tiny number of people with decades of education hold the keys to understanding God?

Not only is that untrue, the bible is very clear that the exact opposite is true.

God purposely uses the simple and "foolish" to shame the "wise." Why? That's a thread in and of itself.
I presume you believe it takes years to earn an advanced degree in English, but learning The Torah isn't worth the effort.

Where on earth did you get that idea? No, I don't believe it takes an advanced degree of any kind.

I already posted scriptures (from both the Old and New testaments) that clearly show that when we come to God, HIS spirit is our teacher... we do not have to rely on priests, rabbis or anyone else. That doesn't mean we can't learn from other people. Of course I believe in learning from others, others who are spiritually mature and have true wisdom. But having a degree is not the key to those things. I mean look at atheists. Some of them are highly educated, yet completely spiritually blind. If you disagree, then you are thinking in a very worldly way.
It's funny...every time some Christian Evangelist encounters myself or someone I know, we always ask if they can read Scripture in the original language...Hebrew.

The Septuagint was translated badly because every Jew who knew Hebrew would know it's a joke.

Maybe you didn't read the thread, we already went over this thoroughly. The living God of the universe doesn't require understanding Hebrew to know Him. If so, that would rule out the overwhelming majority of the world's population.

To think otherwise is completely absurd. Not to mention that it goes directly against what the Bible says.

And no, nothing you said shocked me, sorry.

Maybe you didn't read the thread, we already went over this thoroughly. The living God of the universe doesn't require understanding Hebrew to know Him. If so, that would rule out the overwhelming majority of the world's population.

To think otherwise is completely absurd. Not to mention that it goes directly against what the Bible says.

How silly!...learn Hebrew...or are you too lazy?

if you do not have to know what the "BIBLE SAYS" to know "god" -----why do you keep quoting a translation of the bible?

How silly!...learn Hebrew...or are you too lazy?

You actually believe that one must understand Hebrew to know God? I have nothing against learning Hebrew, I would love to learn Hebrew. I already said earlier in the thread that I always go to the original word and look up its usage in other places. My point, again, is that understanding Hebrew is not necessary to know God. Having an advanced degree is not necessary to know God. I already posted scriptures that completely demolish that misguided, worldly thinking.

if you do not have to know what the "BIBLE SAYS" to know "god" -----why do you keep quoting a translation of the bible?

You're putting words in my mouth. That's the second time you did that, which is dishonest, in a subtle way.

I never said that one does not have to know what the Bible says. If you want to address what I actually said, I'll be around for a few more minutes.

Forum List

Back