Is Urban Meyer going to be head coach of the Redskins?

As a long suffering Redskins fan, I am really hoping Urban Meyer takes the job. He was with the Redskins owner Dan Snyder at the last game. Sure he is an unknown as far as a pro coach, but I think he will make the transition well. Any Skins fans out there have a view on this?
Urban Meyer watching Sunday's Redskins game from Dan Snyder's box

No. America's team.
I was wondering that. I think Meyer will want to build his own team whereas the Cowboys have a lot of set pieces. Maybe that's wishful thinking.

As a long suffering Redskins fan, I am really hoping Urban Meyer takes the job. He was with the Redskins owner Dan Snyder at the last game. Sure he is an unknown as far as a pro coach, but I think he will make the transition well. Any Skins fans out there have a view on this?
I'm not a Skins fan, although I HAVE liked some of their teams and players throughout the years. Larry Brown was one of my favorite RB's during the 70's. He was one tough customer. I also liked John Riggins. A VERY tough runner and he was funny, as well. I don't know if Meyer would WANT the job. But if enough money was thrown his way, he'd probably take it.

What happened to the health problems that caused UM to retire from head coach of Ohio State? Hope this means his health has greatly improved.

I'm not a Skins fan, although I HAVE liked some of their teams and players throughout the years. Larry Brown was one of my favorite RB's during the 70's. He was one tough customer. I also liked John Riggins. A VERY tough runner and he was funny, as well. I don't know if Meyer would WANT the job. But if enough money was thrown his way, he'd probably take it.
Riggo was the best! That was so awesome back in the days of Riggo and the Hogs.

What happened to the health problems that caused UM to retire from head coach of Ohio State? Hope this means his health has greatly improved.
Good point. I hope so, the Skins need him!
The Redskins have gone down this route before and failed. A successful former head coach should be their objective. Ron Rivera or Mike McCarthy are two possible choices.

Good point. I hope so, the Skins need him!
The Redskins have gone down this route before and failed. A successful former head coach should be their objective. Ron Rivera or Mike McCarthy are two possible choices.
My main concern would be Urban Meyer's long term health. The Redskins have never gotten a college coach with Urban Meyer's credentials. It's a risky pick but when you're in the cellar why not? I was also thinking Ron Rivera would be a good choice if they can't get Meyer.

Forum List

Back