Is Ukraine going to defeat Russia?

Ukraine doesn't need to "win", they just need not to lose, until the sanctions on Russia really start to bite.
The war is a "knife" fight with both side bleeding badly...and still slashing...

But if you're ukraine and the US is soaking you with billions in cash every month, you're praying that the gravy/war train rolls on.

Ukraine ain't gonna win even with the help of western war mongering NATO.

As a German let me say it was Russia - and only Russia and no one else - who started this barbaric act of a senseless mass-murdering war of orthodox Slaws on orthodox Slaws. This war is a deep shame for Russia.

Last edited:
And for months, the media pumped out the propaganda that Ukraine was winning big but........oops, here's Russia about to take over eastern Ukraine.
Russia's territorial gains are very small.
Then the Ukrainians take back the territory Russia had.
Its one thing gaining territory, its another keeping it.
Russia started the war holding eastern Ukraine.
Its a war torn ruin. No one is winning.

Some of it, not all of it. Ukraine is the perfect laundromat for the west.
Which is why Rand Paul insisted on accountability:
Paul, a libertarian who often opposes U.S. intervention abroad, said he wanted language inserted into the bill, without a vote, that would have an inspector general scrutinize the new spending.

Russia's territorial gains are very small.
Then the Ukrainians take back the territory Russia had.
Its one thing gaining territory, its another keeping it.
Russia started the war holding eastern Ukraine.
Its a war torn ruin. No one is winning.

Even if someone is winning no one is winning. The costs of "make the Donbasss region to a great industrial centre again" explode day by long day by endless day of this war. This war has to end. Now! Today!

Even if someone is winning no one is winning. The costs of "make the Donbas region to a great industrial centre again" explode day by long day by endless day of this war. This war has to end. Now! Today!
I'm not sure there is enough money in the world to rebuild eastern Ukraine...

1655128922821.png
Donbas region
1655128990483.png
you're right, no one is winning...
1655129008230.png
Putin's war is a disaster...for both sides...

Some of it, not all of it. Ukraine is the perfect laundromat for the west.

When 75% inflation are in Turkey - who do you think makes this wrong politics of Turkey and who makes on the other side the most money with an inflation rate of 75% in Turkey what gives him the chance to buy a lot of things in Turkey "under price" with foreign currencies. Exactly: Erdogan and his clan.

And now imagine the politics of Putins clan from this point of view.

I know, I know: Erdogan is a holy Turkish cattle and Putin is a holy Russian cattle - how could they be anti-Turkish or anti-Russian - and I am only a German criminal who says so ... but they have damned big hayboxes in their golden luxary stables worldwide.

Last edited:
I'm not sure there is enough money in the world to rebuild eastern Ukraine...

View attachment 657327 Donbas region
View attachment 657329 you're right, no one is winning...
View attachment 657330 Putin's war is a disaster...for both sides...

The destructions are not so important - but sure costs this also an immense time and money. But even if everything would be in the best of all possible ways it would need an immense amount of money for investments. And anything else than dead or broken people but creative people.

The Ukraine is defending itself, not trying to "defeat" Russia. If stopping Putin's aggression succeeds, Ukraine will have won.

The Ukraine is defending itself, not trying to "defeat" Russia. If stopping Putin's aggression succeeds, Ukraine will have won.
True, but will the world keep sending military aid to Ukraine?
If the war goes on for many months it will take a lot of aid for Ukraine to keep fighting.
I also hope NATO stops the Russian blockade of Ukraine's ports so that Ukrainian grain can get to market.
The war could spread to other areas if famine hits from lack of Ukrainian grain.

True, but will the world keep sending military aid to Ukraine?
If the war goes on for many months it will take a lot of aid for Ukraine to keep fighting.
I also hope NATO stops the Russian blockade of Ukraine's ports so that Ukrainian grain can get to market.
The war could spread to other areas if famine hits from lack of Ukrainian grain.
There may not be any solution to the Donbas but to let it go to Russia. 20-30 years ago, polls seemed to show support. More recently, perhaps not. Crimea just showed how dysfunctional relations are between Ukraine and Russia. I some ways, Ukraine is still a soviet satellite.

Zelensky cannot give up land and survive politically.

But it's hard to see how Ukraine survives without port access. And as you posted, the world needs the grain. But this has to end. It's contributing to worldwide inflation.

There may not be any solution to the Donbas but to let it go to Russia. 20-30 years ago, polls seemed to show support. More recently, perhaps not. Crimea just showed how dysfunctional relations are between Ukraine and Russia. I some ways, Ukraine is still a soviet satellite.
Zelensky cannot give up land and survive politically.
But it's hard to see how Ukraine survives without port access. And as you posted, the world needs the grain. But this has to end. It's contributing to worldwide inflation.
My "off ramp" is that Russia keeps Crimea, since it was theirs before Kruschev gave it to Ukraine, Russia keeps the Donbas that they held before the war started, and Ukraine is guaranteed sovereignty by NATO.

Technically "again" since the Budapest Memorandum already guaranteed that...

My "off ramp" is that Russia keeps Crimea, since it was theirs before Kruschev gave it to Ukraine, Russia keeps the Donbas that they held before the war started, and Ukraine is guaranteed sovereignty by NATO.

Technically "again" since the Budapest Memorandum already guaranteed that...
Yes. The question is how can Russia be compelled to abide by a deal. And that's not to say Ukraine was entirely blameless in the Donbass. But the Ukraine exlcuding the Donbass is more EU oriented.

Forum List

Back