Is this unprecedented ?

Dogbiscuit

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2020
Obama is helping Biden.
In my search through history, I cant find any examples of where a past President rallies for another candidate.
Ive always seen past president keep their opinions to themselves, for the most part after their term, and they remain fairly quiet.
Is this unprecedented ?

Obama broke the mold with Hillary, but the reasons most others haven't isn't because they were "minding their own business." Interesting read.

Obama is a community activist at his core. Of course he's going to get out there and fight. It's who he is.

Obama is helping Biden.
In my search through history, I cant find any examples of where a past President rallies for another candidate.
Ive always seen past president keep their opinions to themselves, for the most part after their term, and they remain fairly quiet.
Is this unprecedented ?
I believe the predecessor being younger than the candidate is unprecedented, but I was actually wondering why George W. wasn't campaigning for Trump! Embarrassed?

Obama is helping Biden.
Is this unprecedented ?

Jimmy Carter campaigned for Walter Mondale.

Also this: Clinton Hits Campaign Trail for Gore

After months of pained conversations about what President Clinton should do in the final week of the campaign, Vice President Gore's aides finally told the White House it was fine with them for the president to rally Democrats at a shopping mall here.

But the permission slip at first came with an odd request: Try to keep the crowd from getting too big.

I was looking at new polling numbers that are coming out and suburban women have come back to Trump by about 42%. Latinos are voting for Trump +61% in the south and by 46% in the Midwest. Blacks are voting for Trump at about 38% in the south and 24% in the Midwest...

IF these numbers from the Trafalga Group are accurate Biden is going to lose in a land slide. And from what I can tell the Biden campaign is in shear panic this morning... The early voting was supposed to be 2-1 for democrats but its only 1-1 and those who go to the polls are usually 3-1 Republicans... The lead the democrats thought they had did not materialize and now things aint looking so good for them...

The enthusiasm gap is about to bury Biden....

Last edited:
Obama broke the mold with Hillary, but the reasons most others haven't isn't because they were "minding their own business." Interesting read.

Obama is a community activist at his core. Of course he's going to get out there and fight. It's who he is.

So, what you are saying is that 4 years of his attempting a coup against a duly elected President is just who he is?

Hey, we agree!!

Obama is helping Biden.
Is this unprecedented ?

It literally took about 8 seconds to find this...

Obama is helping Biden.
Your research skills suck. As does your memory.
I do apologize for my incompetence, but I cant find any examples of another past president that was actually participating in appearances, on the campaign trail stage with an actual candidate.

Obama is helping Biden.
Is this unprecedented ?

It literally took about 8 seconds to find this...

That was fast. Thanks for that link.

Last edited:
Obama is helping Biden.
Is this unprecedented ?

Trump is unprecedented

Forum List

Back