Is this invasion better than promising not to allow Ukraine into NATO?

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
Last thing we needed was another NATO protectorate. Of course Ukraine in NATO is now off the table anyway.

Good job, Dems! /sarcasm

Rank corruption along with the divided loyalties within their own country is what kept them out of NATO.

That and anyone with two brain cells to rub together knew it was just a matter of time before at least the half of the country east of the Dnieper river, and the Black Sea/Sea of Azov ports would go back into Russian hands one way or the other.

What I find interesting? Is how quickly the ruling elites in Ukraine, have decided to change their attitude on citizens owning semi-automatic rifles. They seem to be giving them out like candy now. . . and it has really, from what I hear, taken the Russians by surprise.

The number one lesson IMO? The nations in Europe, especially the ones bordering Russia should learn? Is maybe you should let your citizens own what ever fire arms they believe are necessary.

:heehee:

main-qimg-d0e6b71e48e417b74d48677ca0426526

What I find interesting? Is how quickly the ruling elites in Ukraine, have decided to change their attitude on citizens owning semi-automatic rifles. They seem to be giving them out like candy now. . . and it has really, from what I hear, taken the Russians by surprise.

The number one lesson IMO? The nations in Europe, especially the ones bordering Russia should learn? Is maybe you should let your citizens own what ever fire arms they believe are necessary.

main-qimg-d0e6b71e48e417b74d48677ca0426526

Handing out automatic rifles is one piece of the puzzle. Organizing and training civilian volunteers is another. Even without much training, neighborhoods full of random civilian "snipers" could bog a professional army down in some places. The bad news there is Russian troops could decide to bypass neighborhood snipers, while calling in air or artillery strikes to flatten whole city blocks or cities, like they did in Chechnya. A citizen with a rifle can be a very powerful asset, no more than in the protection of his family, friends and neighborhood/town. However, an untrained citizen with a rifle can get lots of people killed. Either way, if the soldiers of an invading army are "kind" and decide not to call in air or artillery strikes on your head, you can bet your bottom dollar they are still going to flank your position in your bedroom or living room and toss in a few frag grenades.

Handing out automatic rifles is one piece of the puzzle. Organizing and training civilian volunteers is another. Even without much training, neighborhoods full of random civilian "snipers" could bog a professional army down in some places. The bad news there is Russian troops could decide to bypass neighborhood snipers, while calling in air or artillery strikes to flatten whole city blocks or cities, like they did in Chechnya. A citizen with a rifle can be a very powerful asset, no more than in the protection of his family, friends and neighborhood/town. However, an untrained citizen with a rifle can get lots of people killed. Either way, if the soldiers of an invading army are "kind" and decide not to call in air or artillery strikes on your head, you can bet your bottom dollar they are still going to flank your position in your bedroom or living room and toss in a few frag grenades.
Either way, the propaganda I have been seeing from the PRC slagging America for allowing its citizens to own firearms? That sure makes a lot more sense now.

Either way, the propaganda I have been seeing from the PRC slagging America for allowing its citizens to own firearms? That sure makes a lot more sense now.

Thank God there are hundreds of millions of firearms in the hands of upright American Citizens. What we really need are neighborhood, town/city, county and state citizen reserve/emergency paramilitary units who train on a regular basis. Of course, our government would never go for that. Our government would tell us that's what the national guard and law enforcement is for. An armed population is a much safer population, history has shown, however any citizen "army" must be organized, trained, equipped, supplied and ready to deploy at a moment's notice. Main thing is, local, state and federal government would view any such civilian army as a direct threat against their authority because such a force could be used to fight back against government tyranny. I don't know what the answer is there. Hopefully, the continental United States will never be invaded. But if so, then . . . Wolverines!

Last thing we needed was another NATO protectorate. Of course Ukraine in NATO is now off the table anyway.

Good job, Dems! /sarcasm
If anything is clear, the Ukraine should be allowed to join NATO definitely. Russia is a threat to any of its neighbors. Put the blame where it belongs. NATO is a defensive organization not an aggressive one. Russia ( Putin ) is the aggressor. I believe he's gone absolutely mad, he's a total psychopath now. The best move would be for NATO to immediately admit the Ukraine to their organization. That would send a clear message to the Russian people that aggression towards their neighbors is not acceptable in this world. As I said Putin is crazy, if he does use the nuclear option, he would have done it sooner or later. Better now and get it over with already. This world can't take any more of this insanity.

Forum List

Back