Is This A Peek Into The Workings Of Evolution?

Vastator

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2014
This is a very interesting specimen to be sure. Especially considering it has not only survived to adulthood... It seems to have thrived. Given the anatomical changes it probably accesses different food stuffs, and would seem to need to adopt different behaviors to adjust for the anatomical changes. Is this a peek into the way nature creates different species?

Last edited:
This is a very interesting specimen to sure. Especially considering it has not only survived to adulthood... It seems to have thrived. Given the anatomical changes it probably accesses different food stuffs, and would seem to need to adopt different behaviors to adjust for the anatomical changes. Is this a peek into the way nature creates different species?

If it was more than one specimen I would say it could likely be scientifically significant. But the non-human animal world is just as susceptible to anomalies that occur as a result of genetics or environment as are humans and other than curiosities, they are of little significance so far as natural evolution happens. Evolution is such a slow process though generally spanning tens or hundreds of thousands of years so who knows?

This is a very interesting specimen to be sure. Especially considering it has not only survived to adulthood... It seems to have thrived. Given the anatomical changes it probably accesses different food stuffs, and would seem to need to adopt different behaviors to adjust for the anatomical changes. Is this a peek into the way nature creates different species?

He certainly gets around.

According to Google, deer and cattle can breed. I doubt the offspring can reproduce though

Yes they can, although quite rarely. Red deer male stags have been known to mount cows and hybrids resembling the two species were born.Feb 25, 2018

According to Google, deer and cattle can breed. I doubt the offspring can reproduce though

Yes they can, although quite rarely. Red deer male stags have been known to mount cows and hybrids resembling the two species were born.Feb 25, 2018
Link?

Forum List

Back