Is there a god?

what is the after life?? do we float around? ??!
there is no after life or god

really --no one has the answer on if there is a god---it's beyond our comprehension and even beyond our imagination
but since you can't prove there is a god--there is no proof of one

really --no one has the answer on if there is a god---it's beyond our comprehension and even beyond our imagination
Nor is there proof that there is not. Therefore, simply put, goes back to faith. That is at the core of what I am attempting to get at.

Nor is there proof that there is not. Therefore, simply put, goes back to faith. That is at the core of what I am attempting to get at.
..it's is up to those who claim there is a god to prove it--not the other way
..in court cases, the prosecution claims someone committed a crime--they have to prove it...
..I can claim all kinds of crap:
there are aliens kidnapping me
the bunny rabbit stole by homework
you can't prove these are not true

..in court cases, the prosecution claims someone committed a crime--they have to prove it...
What do law proceedings have to do with spiritual faith? You can believe what you like, just don't go around saying I need to prove anything to you for you to believe.

It's about faith!!!!!
upload_2018-4-13_13-5-41.jpeg

Faith has NO PLACE in a courtroom, and man's law has NO PLACE in faith.

What do law proceedings have to do with spiritual faith? You can believe what you like, just don't go around saying I need to prove anything to you for you to believe.

It's about faith!!!!!
View attachment 187716

the law proceedings is how we prove things
yes you have to prove there is a god or else it is pure speculation/fantasy
spec·u·la·tion
ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.
not true
faith
fāTH/
noun
  1. 1.
    complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
    "this restores one's faith in politicians"
    synonyms: trust, belief, confidence, conviction; More

2. 2.
    strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
just like law proceedings --no proof--no nothing--no god

It's about faith!!!!!
View attachment 187716

aliens are kidnapping me
there is a Santa Claus
I am Jesus
I am god
see I can claim crap also

It's about faith!!!!!
View attachment 187716

so you should be saying '' I believe there is a god'', not ''there is a god''

It's about faith!!!!!
View attachment 187716

spec·u·la·tion
ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
not true
faith
fāTH/
noun
  1. 1.

2. 2.
    strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
Proove the medications most people take are not causing more harm than good.

It's about faith!!!!!
View attachment 187716

spec·u·la·tion
ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
not true
faith
fāTH/
noun
  1. 1.

2. 2.
That is the very essence of faith. I am truly sorry that you find it so difficult to believe in something that you cannot prove.

As for whether or not there is a god, simply because no one can prove the existence, would you say that there is proof that there is life outside of our planet? Does that mean it doesn't exist? Just because I cannot prove something, does not mean it is not true, it only means I cannot prove it.

It's about faith!!!!!
View attachment 187716

aliens are kidnapping me
there is a Santa Claus
I am Jesus
I am god
see I can claim crap also
Crap on other people's beliefs all you want, doesn't change anything. The only thing it does is prove your ignorance, and inability to reconcile the fact that many people believe.

It's about faith!!!!!
View attachment 187716

so you should be saying '' I believe there is a god'', not ''there is a god''
Please show me where I ever said "there is a god". Other than when it was preceded by the word "if".

It's about faith!!!!!
View attachment 187716

spec·u·la·tion
ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
not true
faith
fāTH/
noun
  1. 1.

2. 2.
That is the very essence of faith. I am truly sorry that you find it so difficult to believe in something that you cannot prove.

As for whether or not there is a god, simply because no one can prove the existence, would you say that there is proof that there is life outside of our planet? Does that mean it doesn't exist? Just because I cannot prove something, does not mean it is not true, it only means I cannot prove it.
it's easy--I live in reality....not in fairytale land
jesus as son of god/rising from the dead/born to a virgin---all impossible to humans
let's be real here
we die and that's it...there are no floating spirits/energy/etc ..no heaven or hell to go to

I, personally, believe that there is a god. What that means, though, I have been struggling with for quite some time. Therefore, I pose the questions:

1. If there is a god, what does that mean?
  2. If there is not a god, what does that mean?
I am looking for opinion, obviously, I do not believe there will ever be proof, or empirical evidence (at least not until rapture, assuming that there is a god). What I am looking for here is what people believe. What leads you to believe what you do? Why?

Let me be clear, I am NOT looking for evangelism of any kind here. I am looking for what the presence of god (or lack of a god) means to you. I know this is a pretty ambiguous thread, and I do that on purpose, because I do not ant to influence the way anyone responds. I want to open a discussion about what your beliefs (whatever they are) have shaped who you are, how you look at religion (in general), and how you look at the world.
It means that we were created for a purpose.
It means that we are being tested.
It means that we are being refined.
It means that life has meaning.

There is meaning in God.
There is meaning in Creation.
There is meaning in existence.
There is meaning in history.
There is meaning in morality.
There is meaning in justice.

God is like a teddy bear for the feeble minded. It makes you feel safe and warm and loved, but it's not caring at all what you do one way or the other, and has no other effect on you except maybe a placebo effect.

God is like a teddy bear for the feeble minded. It makes you feel safe and warm and loved, but it's not caring at all what you do one way or the other, and has no other effect on you except maybe a placebo effect.
And yet science and common sense tell us that there is a morality progression in men. That finding meaning in one's life leads to happiness and happiness leads to success.

And yet science and common sense tell us that there is a morality progression in men. That finding meaning in one's life leads to happiness and happiness leads to success.
I have morality, I'm happy and have meaning in my life. Plus I'm successful. No invisible Big Brother needed.

Forum List

Back