Is the UN attempting to impose an anti anti-Islamic hate speech 'gag rule' on the USA?

Wasn't accusing you of bashing Jews.

Really?

Because this is what you actually said about me;

Can bash Jews all you like, ADL will complain but not propose arresting you for it.

If you read it that way I apologise.

Apology accepted.

Was about to have put "we can bash Jews all we like" but then I rememebered I'm a Jew so made it "you." Just not you personally. "You" as in anyone else. :)

Understood!

So to get back on topic. This UN resolution is really no different to the ADL.

It is like everything else the UN does. Just a "feel good" proposal that will have zero impact on anyone here in the USA or anywhere else for that matter IMO.

No, the ADL's a strictly US 'feel good' thing. Has no force or impact of law. The UN thing though would. It would, they say, restrict US free speech just like some of the European countries already do where you can't say anything hateful about Islam. In effect bypassing our 1st Amendment and making something the UN says superceed it.

Nope! Unless it is in the form of a treaty that has be ratified by Congress it will have zero impact here. And no, Congress will never ratify anything that restricts free speech rights. This is a storm in a teacup and will fizzle out IMO.

Forum List

Back