Is the political divide worse now than it was in 1968?

I wasn't around back in 1968. The internet was here yet either. That right there alone in my opinion is the reason why now may be worse compared to then.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I was on a destroyer in 1968 and you can be assured that their were harsh debates on the Vietnam War. On liberty in the E Man Club's Jukebox the most popular records were: Sky Pilot, For What Its Worth and White Rabbit.

I wasn't around back in 1968. The internet was here yet either. That right there alone in my opinion is the reason why now may be worse compared to then.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Yeah, the internet sure isn't helping any.

We Americans released the internet on the world in the hopes of it spreading democracy. I don't know if it's spreading democracy, but it sure has divided America.

I was on a destroyer in 1968 and you can be assured that their were harsh debates on the Vietnam War. On liberty in the E Man Club's Jukebox the most popular records were: Sky Pilot, For What Its Worth and White Rabbit.
Thank you for your service. I'm curious about your opinion of John Kerry, then and now.

Thank you for your service. I'm curious about your opinion of John Kerry, then and now.
I was on a DD, John Kerry was on a Swift Boat and that took courage. His run for President was spoiled by lies; both as a Pol and a Sailor I find him to be a gentleman and a patriot.

Is it worse or has social media just exacerbated how we all feel about it?
You and Az hit it on the head….social media is adding gas to what normally be jusy partisan bickering. It has created and encouraged completely seperate realities where we don’t even share the same facts or definitions.

I wasn't alive in 1968.

Hell...I would go as far as to say I was unable to draw reasonably informed conclusions before the turn of the millennium.

But looking back there, I never imagined we'd be here two short decades later.

From my perspective, we're in a fight for the future direction of our country...neither side is going to blink...and neither side will except defeat...

Where does that leave us...

Yeah, the internet sure isn't helping any.

We Americans released the internet on the world in the hopes of it spreading democracy. I don't know if it's spreading democracy, but it sure has divided America.
I just now realized the slight error in my previous message. I meant to say that the internet was not here yet in 1968. Sorry. Anyway, to me, even before the internet existed, everyone possessed a frame of mind where every matter is concerned. The internet is only what makes it easier for people to let the rest of the world know where they choose to stand. In other words, America has always been divided. It just wasn't as obvious before the internet was thought of.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Be sure to take your advise from the side that deplatformed the US President, cause they're level headed
:laugh:

091316_trumpreporter2_1280.jpg

3500.jpg

500.jpg

162348-dfbdf.jpg

Look at the size of those truncheons!

The National Guard in Ohio shot dead 4 college students.

A poll showed that over 75% of Americans supported the National Guard.

Do you think it's worse now than it was then?
zn9jegwyajh21.jpg

In 1968, Communists were a fringe element in the Democrat party, today they own the democrat Party

Forum List

Back