Is The Democrat Plan To Damage The Economy Working?

States run by Republican governors on average have economically outperformed states run by Democratic governors in recent months.

The difference in economic growth is likely due to the pathway of the coronavirus pandemic in the first few months and the economic restrictions imposed by Democratic governors.

Overall, Democratic-run states, particularly those in the Northeast and Midwest, had larger contractions in gross domestic product than Republican-run states in the Plains and the South, according to the latest state GDP data for the second quarter of 2020, released by the Commerce Department on Friday. Of the 20 states with the smallest decrease in state GDP, 13 were run by Republican governors, while the bottom 25 states with the highest decrease in state GDP were predominantly Democratic-run states.

Furthermore, the average unemployment rate across Republican states was 6.5% in August, compared to an average of 9% in Democrat states, according to an analysis of unemployment data by the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank.

There are multiple factors that lead to the split between the outcomes in Democratic and Republican states.

“The different economic shutdown policies and restrictions plays a big role,” said a senior economist in the Trump administration.

“But you also have to remember that in the second quarter, many Republican states hadn’t really been hit by the virus yet, like Texas, Arizona, and parts of Florida,” the official said. He said that Republican states were hit worse by the virus in the third quarter than the second, as the pandemic spread west and south.

“Also, the mix of industries in each state could also affect the economic growth, like Nevada, which is hugely dependent on travel and tourism,” the official added.

In spite of our dropping unemployment rate, the Democrats are still trying to tug the other way hoping to maintain a bad economy up to election day. We on the right have insisted this has been their plot all along, but the left are convinced by their puppet masters their leaders are stalling the economy for their own good.

Now that we have some results to look at, and what Biden said in his own words that he's be willing to shutdown the country if necessary, we have to ask ourselves if we want the entire country to be managed like these low performing blue states.

If you are a Trump hater, you have to ask yourself before voting: Do you hate Trump more than you love our country, or is it the other way around?
Maybe there is a solution....

Leave it to the states to handle the economic fallout in their own state (without the red states having to bail out the blue states for their failures)...

Then watch the blue states implode from the budget shortfalls!!!

If you play, you pay!!!

Yes, but that's kind of long term. What they are doing now is specifically for the election which is only a month away. The more racism, riots and failing economy they can create, the better for them.

Since most of its going on in blue states I think voters are smart enough to see what going on. I know I sure can see it.

Are they smart enough?

Are they smart enough to know that Biden's agenda includes getting rid of Bush and Trump's tax cuts on our job producers when we need them the most?

Are they smart enough to understand his plans to destroy the suburbs that will lead to hundreds of billions of dollars in lost property value by moving in low-income, high-crime people into those areas for social justice?

Are they smart enough to realize what damage would take place to our stock market where many of us have our IRA's because of his increased capital gains taxes?

Are they smart enough to understand that we could actually go into a depression if Joe shuts down the country as he said he would if our medical experts advised him?

Are they smart enough to understand they will no longer be paying $2.09 per gallon of gasoline, and $110.00 their highest gas bill in the winter up north if Biden and Harris gets rid of fossil fuels and what that would do to our already bad economy? Are they smart enough to understand that our fuel prices would double or more?

Are they smart enough to understand that all those green jobs would only replace all those lost jobs in the fossil fuel sector? Are they smart enough to understand we are the worlds largest energy exporter? Are they smart enough to understand you can't export green energy?

I'm sorry, but I don't think they are smart enough. If they were smart enough, Joe and Kamala would be down by 20 points in the polls today.
Ray - correction:

You don't pay capital gains taxes on your IRA. You pay income taxes when you make a withdrawal.

Any savings you have in a brokerage account that you purchase stocks with will pay more in capital gains. but you have to have more than 80K in capital gains before you pay anything unless your income is above 65K (not sure about the 65k - but there is a limit in which you start to pay capital gains.)

so really it won't hurt anyone but the really well off. I'm for raising capital gains but it needs to be incremental based on income and it should be capped at 28%. I don't think the market impact will be too great. CEO and such will start taking more income and less stock options and they will start paying more in income taxes.

Correct, that's how contagious this is. You can't protect the country from a virus. That's why most countries have it.

Um, yeah, but when you have the super-spreader in cheif undermining prevention methods, and encouraging violence against governors trying to take positive measures, you will spread it a lot faster.

It's why we have more cases and deaths than any other country.

We are spending ourselves into a hole which we will eventually be unable to support. Once we can no longer pay the interest on the debt, nobody will lend us anymore money. Furthermore by having a tax we all pay equally, it puts more dogs into the race. People will not be so enthused about government spending anymore. That pressure would force our representatives to quit spending so much on things we really don't have to have.

Fun Fact for those playing along at home. Ray is currently on Disability. "Welfare for me but not for thee".

We did just fine when the rich paid their fair share before Reagan. We built infrastructure and put men on the moon.
Does your comment on Ray mean that you are against Disability payments?

States run by Republican governors on average have economically outperformed states run by Democratic governors in recent months.

The difference in economic growth is likely due to the pathway of the coronavirus pandemic in the first few months and the economic restrictions imposed by Democratic governors.

Overall, Democratic-run states, particularly those in the Northeast and Midwest, had larger contractions in gross domestic product than Republican-run states in the Plains and the South, according to the latest state GDP data for the second quarter of 2020, released by the Commerce Department on Friday. Of the 20 states with the smallest decrease in state GDP, 13 were run by Republican governors, while the bottom 25 states with the highest decrease in state GDP were predominantly Democratic-run states.

Furthermore, the average unemployment rate across Republican states was 6.5% in August, compared to an average of 9% in Democrat states, according to an analysis of unemployment data by the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank.

There are multiple factors that lead to the split between the outcomes in Democratic and Republican states.

“The different economic shutdown policies and restrictions plays a big role,” said a senior economist in the Trump administration.

“But you also have to remember that in the second quarter, many Republican states hadn’t really been hit by the virus yet, like Texas, Arizona, and parts of Florida,” the official said. He said that Republican states were hit worse by the virus in the third quarter than the second, as the pandemic spread west and south.

“Also, the mix of industries in each state could also affect the economic growth, like Nevada, which is hugely dependent on travel and tourism,” the official added.

In spite of our dropping unemployment rate, the Democrats are still trying to tug the other way hoping to maintain a bad economy up to election day. We on the right have insisted this has been their plot all along, but the left are convinced by their puppet masters their leaders are stalling the economy for their own good.

Now that we have some results to look at, and what Biden said in his own words that he's be willing to shutdown the country if necessary, we have to ask ourselves if we want the entire country to be managed like these low performing blue states.

If you are a Trump hater, you have to ask yourself before voting: Do you hate Trump more than you love our country, or is it the other way around?
In answer to the title, no it's not working nearly as effectively as the democrats had hoped and planned it would. As usual their plan is basically backfiring and it's doing them more damage than it is their opposition.

One thing you have to understand about Joe, he has a severe case of OCD. He never got it treated and I know that by his posts in this forum. I lost my job and career in the middle of last November, and since then (almost a year now), he's never stopped bringing it up. That's what OCD does to people. I'm sure he loses a lot of sleep at night because of my situation, and I get much gratification from that.

It's the same thing with race. He's so consumed with it, anybody who disagrees with him on anything, he calls them a racist. Besides the OCD problem, Joe is an admitted anti-semite self-hating white.

As a truck driver, I had to take a physical every year to get a medical waiver to continue working. Yet another serious problem developed and the government doctor told me I was finished. I applied for disability and they didn't even try to fight it. In fact, they never called me in for an interview or to see any of their doctors. They took one look at my medical records from the Cleveland Clinic which I gladly permitted them to do.

Approaching the age of 60, I got my acceptance letter from SS of my disability claim in March. By then, the virus was starting to make huge strides, unemployment was increasing, and nobody is going to hire a 60 year old with no experience at anything besides what he can no longer do, especially with a sinking economy and growing unemployment.

From time to time you'll see me refer to him as Doctor Joe. That's because he thinks he knows I can work, in spite of the best medical professionals who state I can't, claims to be better than those Doctors. So I can only assume he's a doctor too.

In answer to the title, no it's not working nearly as effectively as the democrats had hoped and planned it would. As usual their plan is basically backfiring and it's doing them more damage than it is their opposition.

I hope that's true and we find that out next month. Between the Democrats destroying the economy, allowing their cities to be destroyed, I can't understand how any rational person could see otherwise. Vote Republican to save our country.

Ray - correction:

You don't pay capital gains taxes on your IRA. You pay income taxes when you make a withdrawal.

Any savings you have in a brokerage account that you purchase stocks with will pay more in capital gains. but you have to have more than 80K in capital gains before you pay anything unless your income is above 65K (not sure about the 65k - but there is a limit in which you start to pay capital gains.)

so really it won't hurt anyone but the really well off. I'm for raising capital gains but it needs to be incremental based on income and it should be capped at 28%. I don't think the market impact will be too great. CEO and such will start taking more income and less stock options and they will start paying more in income taxes.

Capital gains taxes are lower to encourage investments. We depend on the market not only to secure our IRA, but to assist in the economy as well. It's like Ronald Reagan once said: If you want more of something, subsidize it. If you want less of something, tax it.

Remember that DumBama did nothing for our economy. What saved his ass was the feds dumping trillions into that market, and that's what got the economy started and growing again, albeit at a pathetic rate. Then he got a boost when energy prices greatly decreased thanks to fracking, which the Biden/ Harris team is against. Everybody across the country had more residual income and put that into the economy.

So who did Trump undermine? He did everything Fauci and Birx told him to.

He also mocked the governors when they shut down their states, even called for an armed rebellion against Whitmer. He denigrated mask use, which cost thousands of lives. He hawked bullshit quack cures Fauci and Brix said were no good. Let's not forget the injecting bleach thing... I mean, Jesus fucking Christ. Not to mention saying it was going to clear up when it got warm, we'd be past this by easter, when he knew it was a lot more serious.

You can trust Statista, I'll trust John Hopkins.

JH is a month old... Also, the only difference is that they have Mexico and the UK swapped. Boris Johnson was as big an idiot as Trump was, but he caught it, too.

No lying here. I recently experienced it with my own family. A friend of mine future daughter-in-law is an ER nurse. She said it's standard where she works.

Still bullshit and lies... you can't live your life with Right Wing Conspiracy theories.

We have the highest number of Covid Deaths because Trump was fucking incompetent.

What Reagan seen was jobs leaving by the boatload which was partly responsible for the economy at the time. Did jobs still leave? Yes, but not nearly as much. Those tax cuts helped keep jobs here, and we had a great recovery afterwards.

Were you asleep during the Bush recession of 1990? Actually, what happened in the Reagan years is the rich got richer and the poor got poorer. Old Welfare Ray, really worrying if the Rich have enough Dressage Horses.

So what do you think is going to payoff this debt? Medicare taxes? SS taxes? FICA taxes? Sales taxes? Property taxes? Of course not. It comes out of the federal income tax which nearly half of our country contributes nothing to. A consumption tax would not only repay this debt, but stop Democrats from creating more expenditures with their idiotic social programs in the future.

Uh, guy, you are kind of making my point. You give the rich assholes a huge tax cut, and that's when the debts started ballooning. We went from less than a Trillion in debt in 1980, to 26 Trillion today and the debt being greater than the GDP.

Now, in WWII, the same thing happened. Debt exceeded GDP. BUt we kept the taxes on the rich high, and we paid half of it down by the 1950's.

Clinton presided during the largest technology boom in our history.

Yeah, that AOL was a big deal... no, really. Do you actually remember what computers were like in the 1990's?

I'm against the abuse of them. Ray isn't crippled. He just can't drive a truck anymore.

From time to time you'll see me refer to him as Doctor Joe. That's because he thinks he knows I can work, in spite of the best medical professionals who state I can't, claims to be better than those Doctors. So I can only assume he's a doctor too.

Whine, whine, whine... point is, you ain't crippled boy. You just gave up. You are no better than your HUD neighbors you constantly whine about.

The OP cites garbage from the Washington Examiner. Here are the facts:

After analyzing all 50 U.S. states, here are the 10 poorest states in America for 2020:
  1. Mississippi (Photos)
  2. New Mexico (Photos)
  3. Louisiana (Photos)
  4. West Virginia (Photos)
  5. Alabama (Photos)
  6. Kentucky (Photos)
  7. South Carolina (Photos)
  8. Arkansas (Photos)
  9. Tennessee (Photos)
  10. North Carolina (Photos)

I live in a state with an economy ruined by republicans. The OP is a lie.

Maybe there is a solution....

Leave it to the states to handle the economic fallout in their own state (without the red states having to bail out the blue states for their failures)...

Then watch the blue states implode from the budget shortfalls!!!

If you play, you pay!!!

Yes, but that's kind of long term. What they are doing now is specifically for the election which is only a month away. The more racism, riots and failing economy they can create, the better for them.

Since most of its going on in blue states I think voters are smart enough to see what going on. I know I sure can see it.

Are they smart enough?

Are they smart enough to know that Biden's agenda includes getting rid of Bush and Trump's tax cuts on our job producers when we need them the most?

Are they smart enough to understand his plans to destroy the suburbs that will lead to hundreds of billions of dollars in lost property value by moving in low-income, high-crime people into those areas for social justice?

Are they smart enough to realize what damage would take place to our stock market where many of us have our IRA's because of his increased capital gains taxes?

Are they smart enough to understand that we could actually go into a depression if Joe shuts down the country as he said he would if our medical experts advised him?

Are they smart enough to understand they will no longer be paying $2.09 per gallon of gasoline, and $110.00 their highest gas bill in the winter up north if Biden and Harris gets rid of fossil fuels and what that would do to our already bad economy? Are they smart enough to understand that our fuel prices would double or more?

Are they smart enough to understand that all those green jobs would only replace all those lost jobs in the fossil fuel sector? Are they smart enough to understand we are the worlds largest energy exporter? Are they smart enough to understand you can't export green energy?

I'm sorry, but I don't think they are smart enough. If they were smart enough, Joe and Kamala would be down by 20 points in the polls today.

I sure hope so. I can't see anyone voting for Biden when he says he's going to raise taxes and institute his green shit. What a train wreck that will be.
Do you make over 400,000 per year?

Whine, whine, whine... point is, you ain't crippled boy. You just gave up. You are no better than your HUD neighbors you constantly whine about.

And you're no better than a drug addict that refuses to get help for your severe problem that's likely ruining your life. You don't have to be crippled to not be able to work. I know......I know......Joe from Shitcago knows more than any doctor or government agency.

"Folks, remember one thing: A liberal always thinks they're the smartest person in the room."
Rush Limbaugh

And you're no better than a drug addict that refuses to get help for your severe problem that's likely ruining your life. You don't have to be crippled to not be able to work. I know......I know......Joe from Shitcago knows more than any doctor or government agency.

Guy, laughing at your rank hypocrisy is hardly a problem. It's just fucking funny.

Yes, there is a LOT of abuse of the Disability system. When my late sister started losing her vision, she went down to their office and the place was filled with able-bodied people.

He also mocked the governors when they shut down their states, even called for an armed rebellion against Whitmer. He denigrated mask use, which cost thousands of lives. He hawked bullshit quack cures Fauci and Brix said were no good. Let's not forget the injecting bleach thing... I mean, Jesus fucking Christ. Not to mention saying it was going to clear up when it got warm, we'd be past this by easter, when he knew it was a lot more serious.

Even if half of your lies had any truth to them, it still wouldn't have changed a thing. Trump criticizing communists, opining on masks early on when our specialists said no was no need to wear them, and making sarcastic remarks about treatment didn't cost one US life. We are a free people with a US Constitution that guarantees that freedom. Our state has a mask mandate and people walk around without them all the time.

Again, your statement is just as stupid and ignorant as me saying DumBama was responsible for the 200,000 plus American deaths during his two terms due to influenza.

JH is a month old... Also, the only difference is that they have Mexico and the UK swapped. Boris Johnson was as big an idiot as Trump was, but he caught it, too.

Nope, two days old, now three. Learn how to use Google.

Still bullshit and lies... you can't live your life with Right Wing Conspiracy theories.

We have the highest number of Covid Deaths because Trump was fucking incompetent.

Then so was every leader in every country. Well......maybe except Sweden who had outstanding results with zero Covid requirements or restrictions.

Were you asleep during the Bush recession of 1990? Actually, what happened in the Reagan years is the rich got richer and the poor got poorer. Old Welfare Ray, really worrying if the Rich have enough Dressage Horses.

I don't worry about any particular group of people, I vote for the country as a whole. I vote for what's fair, not for what's best for me.

Yeah, that AOL was a big deal... no, really. Do you actually remember what computers were like in the 1990's?

It wasn't the computers as much as it was the internet. Then cell phone usage began to grow as well. My first computer was a Mac and I've stayed with Mac since. Easy to use, little problems. In fact the one I'm using at this minute is 14 years old. I bought it during GW's second term.

People have always been fascinated with technology. In the early 80's I went to electronics school. I dropped out when I found out how little money it paid after getting a two year associates degree. It was hard; all math. But everybody and their mother wanted to work with electronics at the time, so there were more techs out there than you could shake a stick at.

Uh, guy, you are kind of making my point. You give the rich assholes a huge tax cut, and that's when the debts started ballooning. We went from less than a Trillion in debt in 1980, to 26 Trillion today and the debt being greater than the GDP.

Now, in WWII, the same thing happened. Debt exceeded GDP. BUt we kept the taxes on the rich high, and we paid half of it down by the 1950's.

And out of that 26 trillion of debt, 8 trillion came from Hussein. Gee, how did that happen? He increased taxes on the rich!

One of the many differences between a liberal and conservative is that conservatives have the gift of logic. Leftists have little to zero common sense. That's why you think the rich actually pay those huge taxes. They don't. When you take money from the big guy, he makes it back off the little guy.

He increases the cost of his product or service. He stops wage increases for his workers, and lays off people or stops hiring. He may mandate a higher employee contribution for their healthcare plan. If all else fails, he moves his company out of the country. It's called the Golden Rule: The man with the gold makes the rules.

70 years ago our technology was laughable compared to today. Travel was very dangerous. We didn't have radar and you had no idea what kind of weather you were flying or sailing into. There were few places you could take your business if taxes and costs got too high. The very few wealthy we had back then were stuck here.

Today a CEO can run a company from the internet with minute by minute updates. He doesn't have to fly across the country to have meetings with his managers. He can Zoom instead. He doesn't need to worry about his investments either. He can watch his investments as they change up to the second sitting on the toilet with a smart phone.

Let Creepy Joe get in and tell him to raise taxes on the rich to 70% and see what happens. The only person you'll be writing a resume for is yourself.

Guy, laughing at your rank hypocrisy is hardly a problem. It's just fucking funny.

Yes, there is a LOT of abuse of the Disability system. When my late sister started losing her vision, she went down to their office and the place was filled with able-bodied people.

So you interviewed all those people? They explained to you their medical conditions?

Two of my tenants are on disability. One is on partial disability because her husband works full time, and she works part-time cleaning offices. She's been on it for about five years now. My other tenant is on full disability like I am for 15 years. He works at a grocery store part-time.

They are not taking advantage of anything. To look at them, you wouldn't think there's a thing wrong with them much like you I'm sure until you open your mouth. However because I've know them for several years, I know neither can actually have a full-time job. Even if they could, their restrictions would keep them from getting any livable wage employment. The guy on total disability used to work at Harley Davidson as a motorcycle tech. He made pretty good money. He didn't give that up to take advantage of any system. He simply couldn't do that job any longer.

Your ignorance is why you don't understand what disability is all about. It's not restricted to blind cripples. SS encourages you to work with hopes one day you'll find something you could actually support yourself on. They make no deductions from your check unless you make over a certain amount.

In my case, they look at a guy approaching 60 years old with multiple serious medical problems; a person with no experience at anything except for what he did, and made the determination I would not be able to support myself in the future working anywhere. That's what disability is for. I'm simply not employable. Oh, I'm sure I can find something to make money on, and perhaps when this is all over, I'll consider it. However there is no way for me to make a living to support myself because of my medical problems and age.

Even if half of your lies had any truth to them, it still wouldn't have changed a thing. Trump criticizing communists, opining on masks early on when our specialists said no was no need to wear them, and making sarcastic remarks about treatment didn't cost one US life. We are a free people with a US Constitution that guarantees that freedom. Our state has a mask mandate and people walk around without them all the time.

Simple definition of freedom. Your freedom to waive your arm ends at my nose. Your freedom to spread your Covid Germs ends at my airways as well. Trump's conduct was massively irresponsible, and we are paying for it. On Nov. 3rd, he'll get his.

Then so was every leader in every country. Well......maybe except Sweden who had outstanding results with zero Covid requirements or restrictions.

Oh, please, Sweden just dodged the bullet because no one goes to fucking Sweden if they don't have to.

I don't worry about any particular group of people, I vote for the country as a whole. I vote for what's fair, not for what's best for me.

Actually, you vote against your own economic interests because the GOP is good at playing on your racism. Full Stop.

And out of that 26 trillion of debt, 8 trillion came from Hussein. Gee, how did that happen? He increased taxes on the rich!

How did that happen. Well, he inherited the worst recession in 70 years, he was stuck in two active wars and there was a HUGE tax break for billionaires. But check it out, after he rolled back the Bush Tax Giveaways, look what happened to the deficit!!!

1602370063664.png

So you interviewed all those people? They explained to you their medical conditions?

Nope. But you know a malingerer when you see one.

They are not taking advantage of anything. To look at them, you wouldn't think there's a thing wrong with them much like you I'm sure until you open your mouth. However because I've know them for several years, I know neither can actually have a full-time job.

Well, not if they don't try.. I used to work with a guy who was confined to a wheelchair. Born in the Philippines, his legs were shrunken because it's a third world country. We had a power outage once, and I had to evacuate him from the building... But he has more of a work ethic than you and your weflare tenants have.

In my case, they look at a guy approaching 60 years old with multiple serious medical problems; a person with no experience at anything except for what he did,

And they give you a big bag of money for being a malingerer.

Simple definition of freedom. Your freedom to waive your arm ends at my nose. Your freedom to spread your Covid Germs ends at my airways as well.

Show me where that's written.

Oh, please, Sweden just dodged the bullet because no one goes to fucking Sweden if they don't have to.

Nobody goes to Sweden? You have to be kidding me. During Covid they did shut down, but they still have a few million people there and yes, they had people with Covid. Did it ever occur to you that maybe......just maybe we have this all wrong?

Actually, you vote against your own economic interests because the GOP is good at playing on your racism. Full Stop.

No, I vote to keep this capitalist country just this way. I vote for freedom, and I vote for fairness for all.

How did that happen. Well, he inherited the worst recession in 70 years, he was stuck in two active wars and there was a HUGE tax break for billionaires. But check it out, after he rolled back the Bush Tax Giveaways, look what happened to the deficit!!!

After the Republicans took over the House you mean. I see you don't understand the difference between deficit and debt.

Nope. But you know a malingerer when you see one.

You do, nobody else does. That's why I call you Doctor Joe.

Well, not if they don't try.. I used to work with a guy who was confined to a wheelchair. Born in the Philippines, his legs were shrunken because it's a third world country. We had a power outage once, and I had to evacuate him from the building... But he has more of a work ethic than you and your weflare tenants have.

I can't comment on somebody's condition that I don't personally know, that would be pure stupidity. My tenants do work. I just got done telling you that. I also told you that disability is not just for people that are bed ridden. You can't get that through your head.

And they give you a big bag of money for being a malingerer.

More ignorance of the subject. If you think disability is a big bag of money, you don't know shit about it.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe......just maybe we have this all wrong?
Oh, yes, we totally have this all wrong.

1602419021077.png

No, I vote to keep this capitalist country just this way. I vote for freedom, and I vote for fairness for all.

Whenever you guys talk about "Freedom", it usually means the ability of the rich to abuse the rest of us because they have more money.

1602418954347.png

After the Republicans took over the House you mean. I see you don't understand the difference between deficit and debt.

The only thing that changed was Obama let the tax cuts to the rich expire. They went right back up when Trump gave the tax breaks to the rich. The Deficit contributes to the debt.

I can't comment on somebody's condition that I don't personally know, that would be pure stupidity. My tenants do work. I just got done telling you that. I also told you that disability is not just for people that are bed ridden. You can't get that through your head.

And a lot of people who get Section 8, SNAP, TANF, Medicaid ALSO work, just not jobs good enough to get those things themselves. "Welfare for me, but not for thee", sayeth Malingerer Ray.

Whenever you guys talk about "Freedom", it usually means the ability of the rich to abuse the rest of us because they have more money.

In a sense you are correct. We don't believe that when a person makes money, they should be penalized for it while rewarding the non-successful. We don't believe that government should be a reverse Robin Hood. We believe that if you are able to obtain great wealth, it's your business and your business only. We believe that industry did not open up as a social obligation to the public. They open up to provide products or services. That's what we believe.

The only thing that changed was Obama let the tax cuts to the rich expire. They went right back up when Trump gave the tax breaks to the rich. The Deficit contributes to the debt.

It still doesn't negate that under Hussein, he spent 8 trillion dollars for nothing. Trump spent too in order to correct the things Ears ignored like our military. Because the Republicans and Hussein fought so much over spending, it led to the sequester, it led to us losing our three star credit rating for the first time in US history, it led to a government shutdown.

Look at what's going on today! Why is the relief bill stuck in Congress? Because Republicans want to spend less and Democrats want to spend more, and they refuse to negotiate. With Democrats, you do it our way or get lost. Once again, the Republicans gave in with .2 trillion more in spending, and Piglosi stance is they're not giving an inch. It's either 2.2 trillion or nothing. Screw the Americans that need help right now.

And a lot of people who get Section 8, SNAP, TANF, Medicaid ALSO work, just not jobs good enough to get those things themselves. "Welfare for me, but not for thee", sayeth Malingerer Ray.

No, in many cases they had children they could never afford in the first place, and that's why they can't afford those things themselves. As long as they make less than X a month, they get those freebies and make sure they stay under those limits. Many like my neighbors are young and healthy. These young and healthy people stayed home while my sick ass got up every morning at 5:30 to support them since they likely never contributed one dime to our income tax system. They are making a lifetime being on the dole when they had or still have other options. They were home when industry was begging for workers because Trump created such a great economy.

Much different when the government forces you out of work due to health reasons, then we get hit with a plague from China, and unemployment near 8%. It's different when you use a program you paid into your entire life, plus the fact I'm only going to be on it for two years, not a lifetime. No matter what, I still end up paying much more than I put in.

Huge difference.

Forum List

Back