Is The Bible Historically Accurate?

You're funny. First you say "You are LYING ... or else you would be able to cite PLENTY OF HISTORICAL INACCURACIES". So when I do you say TLDR. Face it, you're afraid of anything that might make you question your literal interpretation of the Bible. Maybe your faith is not as strong as you think?
You ARE lying and believe in LIES of evolution in science. Now that we're in the religion forum, you even LIE here. First, you LIED about the Bible with PLENTY OF HISTORICAL INACCURACIES. You couldn't put it in your own words, but had to resort to BLASPHEMIES. Do you know the difference between lies and blasphemies?

Again, I have to give Satan much credit with his liberal Wikipedia and was it Religion Wikis (?). Liberalism, atheism, blasphemies and evolution just fit Satan like hand in glove. It's not any different than what Satan, as the snake, told Adam and Eve. This time he's using James Hutton, Charles Lyell and Charles Darwin, all dead and all with Satan.

It appears not. Please give me an example of where I lied and where I blasphemed.
Just read my post #21. We find that there are no inaccuracies with God's word in the Bible. In regards to science, I have pointed out many times of how science backs up the Bible, but you continue to believe in the LIE of EVIL-ution. However, these aren't usually blasphemies.

Your blasphemies came in with "The Bible is not a reliable historical source." Will you and the writers of those blasphemies get the electric chair death in your afterlife? Only the Wrath of God knows the answer to that, but likely no. That was just my allegory as to what hell is going to be like. The Bible states what hell is like and we know that it will be horrible and unimaginable punishment.

"
Revelation 21:8
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.

Matthew 10:28
And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 25:46
And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

Revelation 20:10
And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Matthew 25:41
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.'"

Revelation 20:15
And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Matthew 5:22
But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

Revelation 14:11
And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.

2 Thessalonians 1:9
They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,

Matthew 13:50
And throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

2 Peter 2:4
For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment;

Jude 1:7
Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

Revelation 20:14
Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

John 3:16-18
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Revelation 19:20
And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had done the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.

Matthew 23:33
You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell?

Luke 16:23
And in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side.

Mark 9:43
And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire.

Matthew 5:29
If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell."

It appears not.
It appears to me that the electric chair analogy is the horror and punishment that I want to witness of my enemies, but will the Lake of Fire be even worse pain? We probably all have experienced burning ourselves, but not tossed into a Lake of Fire. That sounds worse than electricity running through one's body. I don't know as I've never seen anyone burned alive nor electrocuted, but I'll go with what the Wrath of God says.

What do you think is worse or what is the most painful death in your opinion?

The notations of my Catholic Bible say parts of the Bible are historical, parts are historical fiction, and parts are parable.

My guess is that Adam and Eve did not really exist as the story tells it but there was a first human who sinned and that sin was inherited by his or her descendants.

Moses I believe actually lived and actually brought the Hebrews out of slavery in Egypt and brought them to the Promised Land. Otherwise, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deutoronomy appeared out of nowhere without explanation.

King David and King Solomon are definitely real people.

Jonah is a story.

Jesus really lived, was crucified and rose from the dead. If that's not true, Christianity is not true.

Your blasphemies came in with "The Bible is not a reliable historical source."
I wonder how many Christians believe that every word of the Bible is literally true? I'd bet you are a tiny minority. I think most Christians believe the Bible contains plenty of allegorical stories. The Bible includes parables attributed to Jesus, were they all historically accurate? Sargon was found in a basket floating on a river. Was Moses also found that way?

It appears to me that the electric chair analogy is the horror and punishment that I want to witness of my enemies, but will the Lake of Fire be even worse pain? We probably all have experienced burning ourselves, but not tossed into a Lake of Fire. That sounds worse than electricity running through one's body. I don't know as I've never seen anyone burned alive nor electrocuted, but I'll go with what the Wrath of God says.

What do you think is worse or what is the most painful death in your opinion?
After I die, I think I'll be no different than I was before I was born.

The notations of my Catholic Bible say parts of the Bible are historical, parts are historical fiction, and parts are parable.

My guess is that Adam and Eve did not really exist as the story tells it but there was a first human who sinned and that sin was inherited by his or her descendants.

Moses I believe actually lived and actually brought the Hebrews out of slavery in Egypt and brought them to the Promised Land. Otherwise, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deutoronomy appeared out of nowhere without explanation.

King David and King Solomon are definitely real people.

Jonah is a story.

Jesus really lived, was crucified and rose from the dead. If that's not true, Christianity is not true.
Egypt ruled Canaan and Sina at the time of the Exodus. They left Canaan.

I wonder how many Christians believe that every word of the Bible is literally true? I'd bet you are a tiny minority. I think most Christians believe the Bible contains plenty of allegorical stories. The Bible includes parables attributed to Jesus, were they all historically accurate? Sargon was found in a basket floating on a river. Was Moses also found that way?
Does one think about these things when they're being electrocuted in the chair? I'd bet you they are a tiny, tiny, tiny minority. Pain, agony and hurt takes precedence.

For the YEC like me, it was explained that the parables or stories that you hear were based on the Bible or a true, historical event. The biggest one was the global flood and the Epic of Gilgamesh. It's one of the reasons why creationists don't believe in evolution because it doesn't have any stories associated with it. Atheists have placed James Hutton, Charles Lyell and Charles Darwin on a pedestal, but they have little stories. Maybe the best I've heard is Adolf Hitler adopted their hypothesis and evolved eugenics (later proved false) and killed many Jews and other humans in the Holocaust. Can we say that atheists today are evolved from the science of murderers? Should they get the electric chair? Probably not since they weren't directly involved, but the Bible states they will be tossed into the Lake of Fire of fire and sulfur. Even the Jews have stories about the latter -- Sulfur & Fire From Heaven | My Jewish Learning.

Even with scientific discoveries, I've heard about Sir Alexander Fleming. His lab technician was a careless sort who forgot to clear away some of his culture plates on a bench in his lab before going on vacation to Suffolk county in England. When Fleming returned, he made one of the greatest discoveries of a lifetime. One culture was contaminated with mold which is a common experience. However, this mold prevented the growth of staphylococci in the dish. He later identified the mold as the genus Penicillium and the world's first antibiotic was born. Thus, it was an accident and we should remember the lab technician, too.

Does one think about these things when they're being electrocuted in the chair? I'd bet you they are a tiny, tiny, tiny minority. Pain, agony and hurt takes precedence.

For the YEC like me, it was explained that the parables or stories that you hear were based on the Bible. The biggest one was the global flood and the Epic of Gilgamesh. It's one of the reasons why creationists don't believe in evolution because it doesn't have any stories associated with it. Atheists have placed James Hutton, Charles Lyell and Charles Darwin on a pedestal, but they have little stories. Maybe the best I've heard is Adolf Hitler adopted their hypothesis and evolved eugenics (later proved false) and killed many Jews and other humans in the Holocaust. Can we say that atheists today are evolved from the science of murderers? Should they get the electric chair? Probably not since they weren't directly involved, but the Bible states they will be tossed into the Lake of Fire of fire and sulfur. Even the Jews have stories about the latter -- Sulfur & Fire From Heaven | My Jewish Learning.

Even with scientific discoveries, I've heard about Sir Alexander Fleming. His lab technician was a careless sort who forgot to clear away some of his culture plates on a bench in his lab before going on vacation to Suffolk county in England. When Fleming returned, he made one of the greatest discoveries of a lifetime. One culture was contaminated with mold which is a common experience. However, this mold prevented the growth of staphylococci in the dish. He later identified the mold as the genus Penicillium and the world's first antibiotic was born. Thus, it was an accident and we should remember the lab technician, too.
Religious people embraced eugenics.

After I die, I think I'll be no different than I was before I was born.
Are there myths that we've heard from a true event? Is covering your face after death all there is? I suppose this could be considered a myth.

No. One poos and pees upon themselves. Eww.

Other things in a nutshell:

Death is declared when there is either brain death or all efforts to resuscitate a person have failed. From the moment of death, physical changes will start to take place:

• Within one hour: Primary flaccidity (relaxation of muscles) will occur almost immediately followed by pallor mortis (paling of the skin).
  • At two to six hours: Rigor mortis (stiffening of muscles) will begin.
  • At seven to 12 hours: Rigor mortis is complete.
  • From 12 hours: Secondary flaccidity will start and be completed within one to three days.

Religious people embraced eugenics.

To the contrary, I've read the following. I think mine is more credible as it name names and organizations and today's atheists are in favor of abortions.:

"Atheism has historically been and is currently linked to eugenics.

In the infamous 1927 Supreme Court ruling Buck v. Bell, the majority opinion ruled in favor of forced sterilizations on "socially inadequate" people. The decision was written by atheist Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., a progressive who believed in Darwinian evolution/Social darwinism[1] and who notoriously said that "three generations of imbeciles are enough."[2]

Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist progressive and anti-Christian bigot who rejected Judeo-Christian Values; her work was tied to Nazism.[3][4] Adolf Hitler, an anti-religious dictator and likely atheist,[5] was responsible for the brutal mass murder of millions of innocent people."

"

Atheism and Down syndrome abortions​

The American Civil Liberties Union is a secular, anti-Christian organization which defends selectively aborting unborn children detected to have Down syndrome.[6][7][8] In 2018, the organization sued to block a bill in Ohio that would criminalize abortions based on a Down syndrome diagnosis.[9]

Secular Europe and eugenic abortions​

As reported in late December 2020, the birth rate for children with Down Syndrome in Secular Europe fell by 50%.[10]

Irreligious Denmark and Down syndrome abortion​

According to the Washington Post,[11] half of Denmark residents identify as either irreligious or atheist. Heathline has reported that the country has a 98% rate of aborting children detected to have Down syndrome.[12]

It was reported by The Atlantic in December 2020 that only 18 children born in Denmark in the previous year had Down syndrome due to eugenic abortions.[13][14] However, the article had received harsh criticism from some pro-lifers for refusing to condemn eugenics.[15]

Irreligious Iceland and Down syndrome abortions​

According to the Washington Post in January 2016, over half of residents in Iceland are irreligious and very few believe in creationism.[16] The country has nearly a 100% abortion rate for unborn children with Down syndrome.[12][17][18]"

You've been caught in MORE OF YOUR WEB OF LIES!

Did you ever say how old you thought the Earth was?
Sure. My most recent comment was I hope we find out for certain with the James Webb telescope. The atheist scientists have already claimed we will be looking back for 13.8 billion years to the Big Bang while YEC won't be as long. Could be 6,000 years if we add up the biblical histories or around 10,000 years if we go by C-14. The Bible never discusses the age of the Earth. Creationists came up with the young age to counter the billions of years of the atheist scientists.

ETA: That said, I don't think Satan will give himself up so easily as through a telescope. We may have some type of controversy over how far we are looking back to the Big Bang.

Already, we have Toddsterpatriot and daveman not believing in looking back to the distant past.

Last edited:
Sure. My most recent comment was I hope we find out for certain with the James Webb telescope. The atheist scientists have already claimed we will be looking back for 13.8 billion years to the Big Bang while YEC won't be as long. Could be 6,000 years if we add up the biblical histories or around 10,000 years if we go by C-14. The Bible never discusses the age of the Earth. Creationists came up with the young age to counter the billions of years of the atheist scientists.
C-14?? I thought you believed radioisotope dating was flawed? Besides, some C-14 dates are older than 10K years. Are they accurate?

If it is 10K years but the Bible only accounts for 6K years when were those extra years? Did the 6 days or creation actually take 4K years?

C-14?? I thought you believed radioisotope dating was flawed? Besides, some C-14 dates are older than 10K years. Are they accurate?

If it is 10K years but the Bible only accounts for 6K years when were those extra years? Did the 6 days or creation actually take 4K years?
You = :aug08_031:. If C-14 still remains, then one can do radioCARBON dating which backs the age of the Earth based on biblical histories. Each day of creation was a 24-hr period.

You = :aug08_031:. If C-14 still remains, then one can do radioCARBON dating which backs the age of the Earth based on biblical histories. Each day of creation was a 24-hr period.
So you should have no problem with this:
Since 1998 there have been four official IntCal calibrations, adding in data from laminated lake and marine sediments, cave stalagmites and corals (which can be both radiocarbon dated and independently assessed using techniques such as radioactive thorium/uranium dating). In 2018, some stalagmites in Hulu Cave in China provided a datable record stretching back 54,000 years1.​

So you should have no problem with this:
Since 1998 there have been four official IntCal calibrations, adding in data from laminated lake and marine sediments, cave stalagmites and corals (which can be both radiocarbon dated and independently assessed using techniques such as radioactive thorium/uranium dating). In 2018, some stalagmites in Hulu Cave in China provided a datable record stretching back 54,000 years1.​
We've established you = :aug08_031:. Got a link?

Forum List

Back