Is the American flag becoming a symbol of hate?

Interesting article on Fox but not what they intended. Trump sycophants have successfully grabbed the flag and patriotic imagery to reflect their distorted political views. The result is that many outside the pro-Trump circle assume overt displays of patriotic symbols isn’t support for America but for Trumpism.

Has the flag and patriotic imagery been co-opted and spoiled? How do we free the flag?
———————
MSNBC contributor Mara Gay said Tuesday that she was "disturbed" to see "dozens of American flags" flown by Donald Trump supporters during a weekend trip to Long Island, New York.

The left-wing editorial board member for The New York Times was also distressed by what she called expletives on the trucks against President Biden, describing the flag-flying Trump supporters as sending a clear message: "This is my country … not your country. I own this."

Is the American flag becoming a symbol of hate?​

Only in the minds of idiots

Interesting article on Fox but not what they intended. Trump sycophants have successfully grabbed the flag and patriotic imagery to reflect their distorted political views. The result is that many outside the pro-Trump circle assume overt displays of patriotic symbols isn’t support for America but for Trumpism.

Has the flag and patriotic imagery been co-opted and spoiled? How do we free the flag?
———————
MSNBC contributor Mara Gay said Tuesday that she was "disturbed" to see "dozens of American flags" flown by Donald Trump supporters during a weekend trip to Long Island, New York.

The left-wing editorial board member for The New York Times was also distressed by what she called expletives on the trucks against President Biden, describing the flag-flying Trump supporters as sending a clear message: "This is my country … not your country. I own this."

Is the American flag becoming a symbol of hate?​

Only in the minds of idiots
Deep thoughts from Jack Handy. thanks for stopping by.

———————

Any sane person can see that the hate is not coming from those who display the flag, or other displays of patriotism, but from the anti-American faith who are offended by it.
Yea right. Charlottesville or DC? The right wing nuttery and hate is pretty solid. The real issue isn’t these outliers because most right wingers aren’t like that. It’s that you tolerate, refuse to condemn, and coddle to them to keep their support. It’s a crime against what America stands for and a gross misuse of the flag and its imagery.
You're assuming that anyone carrying the flag is a hater. That's a big ass lie and you know it gatorbait.
If you want to see real haters look at the anti-American democrats.
1623504364936.png

———————

Any sane person can see that the hate is not coming from those who display the flag, or other displays of patriotism, but from the anti-American faith who are offended by it.
Yea right. Charlottesville or DC? The right wing nuttery and hate is pretty solid. The real issue isn’t these outliers because most right wingers aren’t like that. It’s that you tolerate, refuse to condemn, and coddle to them to keep their support. It’s a crime against what America stands for and a gross misuse of the flag and its imagery.
You're assuming that anyone carrying the flag is a hater. That's a big ass lie and you know it gatorbait.
View attachment 500383
Fake memes. That all you got? Lies and memes. Pitiful.

———————

View attachment 500383
What lies? Those quotes are all real, verbatim.
The background gives the quotes context, they are real too, that is what the anti-American democrats want, race riots and chaos.

Generations of Americans paid the ultimate price to preserve that beacon of light and hope, for what, so some entitled little uneducated shits and self ordained enlightened professors to stomp it into the ground? Why are people sacrificing everything to enter the country because of BLM, ANTIFA, LBGT rainbow flags? Really, your that naive and stupid? Go travel the world see for yourself the beauty of freedom, liberty, and democracy that blood paid for. As it was once stated “love it or leave it”! An old man once said “funny how people want to change what’s working for something that won’t”.

———————

People like you are an embarrassment
What people are that? Non Trump sycophants? People not blinded by hate? People who aren’t dumb motherfuckers who think the election was stolen? Americans that are not stupid morons who that think vaccines are political tools or bio weapons? What people?
People who belittle America, people who belittle those who vote a different way than they do, people who are complete assholes. You.

I read you like a book if you recall. You could never a be a CEO because you have never taken a legitimate risk in your pathetic life.

———————

Bullshit. Long before Trump, the Left started their bullshit about the American Flag being a symbol of hate; so much so they were expressing their own hate for the Flag by lighting it on fire. Even before Trump, many on the Left found the Flag to be offensive or even threatening.

The Flag is not a symbol of hate but an object of hatred by the Left.

———————

What people are that? Non Trump sycophants? People not blinded by hate? People who aren’t dumb motherfuckers who think the election was stolen? Americans that are not stupid morons who that think vaccines are political tools or bio weapons? What people?
People who belittle America, people who belittle those who vote a different way than they do, people who are complete assholes. You.

I read you like a book if you recall. You could never a be a CEO because you have never taken a legitimate risk in your pathetic life.
Are you retarded? A discussion that Trump sycophants have leveraged American patriotic imagery and twisted it into the hate it wasn’t meant to represent is American not antiAmerican.

You continue to try and pick a personal fight with me because intellectually you are insecure. You don’t have to match up to my level of success to have a voice. Just state your argument. If you want to compare credentials again I’ll be glad to. As you recall you will be left weighed, measured and found wanting.

———————

View attachment 500383
Which of the quotes is incorrect or attributed to the wrong person?

Generations of Americans paid the ultimate price to preserve that beacon of light and hope, for what, so some entitled little uneducated shits and self ordained enlightened professors to stomp it into the ground? Why are people sacrificing everything to enter the country because of BLM, ANTIFA, LBGT rainbow flags? Really, your that naive and stupid? Go travel the world see for yourself the beauty of freedom, liberty, and democracy that blood paid for. As it was once stated “love it or leave it”! An old man once said “funny how people want to change what’s working for something that won’t”.
I find it interesting that there are those who take for granted the freedom to disrespect the flag, the very thing under which people fought and died so we could have that freedom.

———————

Are you retarded? A discussion that Trump sycophants have leveraged American patriotic imagery and twisted it into the hate it wasn’t meant to represent is American not antiAmerican.

You continue to try and pick a personal fight with me because intellectually you are insecure. You don’t have to match up to my level of success to have a voice. Just state your argument. If you want to compare credentials again I’ll be glad to. As you recall you will be left weighed, measured and found wanting.

We already compared credentials. Do you have dementia? My argument is that Trumps policies were helpful to me and my family. Your argument is that he sent mean tweets so he offended you.

Have my own flag story, Back in the olden days, Hippies, libs,& am sure Dems (was more social & anti war statement than political) sewed flags on tee shirts hung flags on windows. Anyone remember that? And the extreme half of the Republican party made it party political, those commie, dirty to much sex & rock & role ARE disrespecting, the Flag & America. Roll forward about 10 years and half the Republication party in a patriotic fury. starts wearing flags every were, in under ware were the flag is up your butt crack, and under your sweaty arm pit. But now its by magic ok to wear the flag from head to toe, its a patriotic political statement now. Maters not who is using the flag, If its use is to divide our nation. The flag is meant to be symbol of unity,

———————

We already compared credentials. Do you have dementia? My argument is that Trumps policies were helpful to me and my family. Your argument is that he sent mean tweets so he offended you.

More insults and disingenuous misstatements of another’s viewpoint. Both are logic fallacies that come with being stupid or dishonest. I think you might be both.

Trump’s policies temporarily favor those of us who are wealthy at the expense of those who are not. Ultimately we’ll all pay for his stupidity from budget deficits in good times to his irresponsible handling of the pandemic.

In addition to those structural failures in policy he was untrustworthy, uninformed, likely financially grifting off the nation, and definitely destabilizing to the western alliances that keep the world safe

The dude wanted to nuke a Hurricane, inject disinfectant, introduce light into the body, and is selling the big lie which is knowingly false. None of those reasons have anything to do with mean tweets. So stop lying or being stupid.

———————

More insults and disingenuous misstatements of another’s viewpoint. Both are logic fallacies that come with being stupid or dishonest. I think you might be both.

Trump’s policies temporarily favor those of us who are wealthy at the expense of those who are not. Ultimately we’ll all pay for his stupidity from budget deficits in good times to his irresponsible handling of the pandemic.

In addition to those structural failures in policy he was untrustworthy, uninformed, likely financially grifting off the nation, and definitely destabilizing to the western alliances that keep the world safe

The dude wanted to nuke a Hurricane, inject disinfectant, introduce light into the body, and is selling the big lie which is knowingly false. None of those reasons have anything to do with mean tweets. So stop lying or being stupid.

Nope your last paragraph is full of lies. So you admit his policies helped you. Case closed. Don’t be jealous because I received a better education than you and you re not CEO material. Keep watching MSDNC for your news. You’re a loser and I would say it to your face with zero repercussions.

Nope your last paragraph is full of lies. So you admit his policies helped you. Case closed. Don’t be jealous because I received a better education than you and you re not CEO material. Keep watching MSDNC for your news. You’re a loser and I would say it to your face with zero repercussions.
I bitch slap you on this site regularly. No reason to get sore. You’re a lowly financial advisor. The only people who end up in that job have no other options available. I get scum suckers like you reaching out to me on LinkedIn all the time because of my job title ($$$) brings you slime balls out. I bet I ignored at least one of your pitches out in the real world.

As I recall only one of us has multiple degrees from #3 and #6 Public U’s in America. ;). It wasn’t you.

I bitch slap you on this site regularly. No reason to get sore. You’re a lowly financial advisor. The only people who end up in that job have no other options available. I get scum suckers like you reaching out to me on LinkedIn all the time because of my job title ($$$) brings you slime balls out. I bet I ignored at least one of your pitches out in the real world.

As I recall only one of us has multiple degrees from #3 and #6 Public U’s in America. ;). It wasn’t you.
Show one post where you “bitch slapped”
Me. This should be rich. Back up your bravado little man.

Forum List

Back