Is the American flag becoming a symbol of hate?

Geez. You guys are snowflakes. The fact is that most of us put out flags for the fourth, observe the national anthem respectfully, but those draped in the flags imagery these days are knuckleheads who pretty mush think that the election was stolen and that every aspect of America is ruled by corrupt liberals.
So you don't like to see the American Flag except on the 4th?
Kneeling during the national anthem is okay too, right?
What about burning the flag, is that ok as "free speech"?
You know burning the flag is free speech. I don’t know anyone who has done that. I know a bunch of dimwits that started flying a zillion American flags with their right wing nuttery.

antifa burns US flags, BLM burns flags, both are anti-American coxuckers. Trump supporters fly the stars and strips with respect.

Fly's outside my house everyday along with a Marine Corp flag
My US flag flies outside my house all day and all night with lights.
I have active duty relatives, so when coxuckers degrade the flag, especially just after D-Day.....
Now the democrat slime is flying BLM flags for a criminal? Xiden didn't even commemorate D-Day, that says it all. Democrats are un-American commies.
2022 can't come soon enough.
Agree 100%

Interesting article on Fox but not what they intended. Trump sycophants have successfully grabbed the flag and patriotic imagery to reflect their distorted political views. The result is that many outside the pro-Trump circle assume overt displays of patriotic symbols isn’t support for America but for Trumpism.

Has the flag and patriotic imagery been co-opted and spoiled? How do we free the flag?
———————
MSNBC contributor Mara Gay said Tuesday that she was "disturbed" to see "dozens of American flags" flown by Donald Trump supporters during a weekend trip to Long Island, New York.

The left-wing editorial board member for The New York Times was also distressed by what she called expletives on the trucks against President Biden, describing the flag-flying Trump supporters as sending a clear message: "This is my country … not your country. I own this."

You "free" it by proudly displaying it in context where it is obviously NOT associated with TRUMP!. IOW, if the NYT festooned their office building with flags on the 4th, it would be a powerful statement that they too respect the flag. What they're doing now is remarkably similar to what a 3 year old child does when they put down a toy they no longer want to play with, but get upset when their sibling picks it up and starts enjoying it. They don't want it, but they also don't want anyone else to have it. IOW, if you think flying the flag is icky, don't be surprised when those outside your circle assume you are not supportive of America and are thus not part of "them".

"How can we convince people we love and support the flag without displaying it respectfully, without ever talking about it or the sacrifices made to keep it free, and by impugning those who do?" is a nonsense question. You might as well say, "Why do people think I don't love my wife? I don't ever say I do, I don't ever show her I do with thoughtful gestures, I refuse to buy flowers, and I actively denigrate anyone who does. It makes me mad when other people say I don't". Kind of dumb if you ask me.

Interesting article on Fox but not what they intended. Trump sycophants have successfully grabbed the flag and patriotic imagery to reflect their distorted political views. The result is that many outside the pro-Trump circle assume overt displays of patriotic symbols isn’t support for America but for Trumpism.

Has the flag and patriotic imagery been co-opted and spoiled? How do we free the flag?
———————
MSNBC contributor Mara Gay said Tuesday that she was "disturbed" to see "dozens of American flags" flown by Donald Trump supporters during a weekend trip to Long Island, New York.

The left-wing editorial board member for The New York Times was also distressed by what she called expletives on the trucks against President Biden, describing the flag-flying Trump supporters as sending a clear message: "This is my country … not your country. I own this."

Liberals has hated the American flag for years. Just making up an excuse to finally show it now. Trump’s America was everyone's america. Biden is the one that singles out groups to hate.

———————

That's one F'd up question.

China, and Communism that you fellate is the symbol of hate.

Only to Liberal idiots. I have a T-Shirt with a flag on it I got from going to a July 4th baseball game. It's always fun to wear it to the grocery store and see how many scowling faces I see. :lol:
Someday that will be enough to get you shot.
Never fear... by that time the shooting will be in BOTH directions. These fools are going to go too far and when the explosion comes they are going to be totally shocked. They've actually been convinced by their media that they are not only correct but they're superior to those they look down on. Wakey, wakey...

I used to fly the flag. That ended. It doesn't make a difference if I fly it or not. I have no time to properly take care of it. I have to run my daily 5k which is more of a priority

I don't get what they are saying, so they are upset that people are flying American flags?

———————

are those your thoughts when the left burns the flag during the mostly peaceful but fiery riots ?

I’ve only seen respect for our military from the current president. TFG wasn’t so respectful:

Wow! Generations of Americans have honored the Flag in spite of FDR's illegal order that justified incarcerating American citizens without due process. Americans watched about 6,000 Marines die in a month to take a smelly island that could have been bypassed but the raising of the Flag on Iwo Jima became the symbol of America at the time. We had relative peace and prosperity during Trump's four years but the radicals who have taken over our great democracy now view Old Glory as a symbol of oppression. Get ready for some bad shit in the next couple of years.

———————

lefties hate the flag because it represents two things they hate freedom and the USA

The only people I see consistently showing disrespect and outright hate for our flag, are black folks, especially BLM scum.

Then, of course, there are all of the oppressed millionaire black athletes. Keep on kneeling you filthy sacks of shit. They have the money to leave this country they profess to hate so much, but they don't have the balls to put their money where their giant mouths are.

Trump loves to make a show of embracing and kissing the flag, so his dull- minded sickophants will think he's patriotic.

But, then Trump puts on his maggot cap. And once again he begins spewing the deeply-rooted, hate and insults that seem to make up the entirety of his ' personality.'

Forum List

Back