Is suicide selfish?

not sure why putting an end to one's life would be cosidered a selfish thing to do. more like tragic ...

being sentenced for a crime is another story - I would try and tell her to make the best of it to straighten out her life - how long is her sentence.

I don't know the length, but even a couple of months should be horrific, I think, she attracts bullies. Plus she will never be able to do her nice little government job ever again.

60 days? Are you kidding me?

No, she will have to seek other employment.

Hopefully someone will stand up for her without ulterior motives, idk.

She should at least tr to stand up for herself.

I always stood up for myself, no matter the odds. At times, one loses. This should not be a deterrent.
Some of us took some pretty good beatings and such but still stood up to bullies but not everyone can do that. It hurts physically and as humans we prefer to avoid pain both physical and mental if at all possible.
hopefully she'll be quiet about her atheism - the christians only prove, they are the bullies ... what everyone already knows.

Oh, so that atheist that shot up a church full of people, including little children, wasn't being a bully?

Who knew? :dunno:

My friend has tried to commit suicide in her mother's apartment, because she is about to go to prison for almost murdering her boyfriend out of jealousy.

She is a petite girl who was bullied in school nonstop and will be bullied in prison much more, she is easy to bully.

Does she have the right to commit suicide now that she will soon enter prison, the hell of her life?

Also, does her mother have the right to cry after not teaching her better?

What would you do in my friend's shoes, knowing you will be bullied to death in prison slowly anyways?
Of course she has the right to kill herself.

My friend has tried to commit suicide in her mother's apartment, because she is about to go to prison for almost murdering her boyfriend out of jealousy.

She is a petite girl who was bullied in school nonstop and will be bullied in prison much more, she is easy to bully.

Does she have the right to commit suicide now that she will soon enter prison, the hell of her life?

Also, does her mother have the right to cry after not teaching her better?

What would you do in my friend's shoes, knowing you will be bullied to death in prison slowly anyways?

Man up!! Her own actions have put her there; NOT her mom's.

Greg

Personally, I don't think so. It's your life. That being said, many don't realize the finality of it, and, it's a sad thing when it goes undetected.

Sure, people suffer, but if you are suffering being alive, I don't see why you would be obligated to "carry on" just to keep other's consciences clean

Thank you all for the answers. This thread turned out to be very interesting.

I think this thread opened a theory, that if suicide is selfish, it may be the reflection of the original parental selfishness that gave birth to the suicidal child.

The selfishness of the child's suicide is there to match the selfishness of the parent.

Thank you all for the answers. This thread turned out to be very interesting.

I think this thread opened a theory, that if suicide is selfish, it may be the reflection of the original parental selfishness that gave birth to the suicidal child.

The selfishness of the child's suicide is there to match the selfishness of the parent.

the above makes little sense, beginning, middle or end. no doubt the tragedy will be judged accordingly ...

upload_2017-11-8_16-39-5.jpeg

the kamikaze pilot, the same on the other end of the spectrum, I suppose for the family value guy that one is likewise a selfish pig.

Forum List

Back