Is suicide selfish?

not sure why putting an end to one's life would be cosidered a selfish thing to do. more like tragic ...

being sentenced for a crime is another story - I would try and tell her to make the best of it to straighten out her life - how long is her sentence.

I don't know the length, but even a couple of months should be horrific, I think, she attracts bullies. Plus she will never be able to do her nice little government job ever again.

60 days? Are you kidding me?

No, she will have to seek other employment.

Hopefully someone will stand up for her without ulterior motives, idk.

She should at least tr to stand up for herself.

I always stood up for myself, no matter the odds. At times, one loses. This should not be a deterrent.
Some of us took some pretty good beatings and such but still stood up to bullies but not everyone can do that. It hurts physically and as humans we prefer to avoid pain both physical and mental if at all possible.

Delusional thinking prison will help. Yet punishment is just. Liberty is liberty and you call it what you want....but if life gets to be too much it's the owner of the life who should decide. I have had 2 goo friends.....hard working Christian frequent church going friends take themselves out. Both had rather good sided families. They are not cowards as many of you say. But I consider your collective thinking abilities.

not sure why putting an end to one's life would be cosidered a selfish thing to do. more like tragic ...

being sentenced for a crime is another story - I would try and tell her to make the best of it to straighten out her life - how long is her sentence.

I don't know the length, but even a couple of months should be horrific, I think, she attracts bullies. Plus she will never be able to do her nice little government job ever again.

She should at least try to stand up for herself.

I always stood up for myself, no matter the odds. At times, one loses. This should not be a deterrent.

I had a niqqa cut right in front of me in the chow line. I slung him to the ground so hard, it hurt his right shoulder, and a riot almost ensued.

1 more person didn't really make a difference, it was the idea.

I ain't racist or nuthin', I even had black friends from the hood around.

Things turned racial right quick though.

IDGAF.
Did you do that in prison?

Does she have a choice of solitary? If the sentence isn't too long she might be able to hack it.

I feel sorry for the girl but, less than 5 years in lockup vs the rest of a lifetime of freedom is a no-brainer. Don't kill yourself.

She tried to kill her old man? Why?

She should at least try to stand up for herself.

I had a niqqa cut right in front of me in the chow line. I slung him to the ground so hard, it hurt his right shoulder, and a riot almost ensued.

1 more person didn't really make a difference, it was the idea.

I ain't racist or nuthin', I even had black friends from the hood around.

Things turned racial right quick though.

IDGAF.
Did you do that in prison?

No, it was in lockup, though. I've never been to prison.

At this late date, I'm still trying to avoid that, too.

Delusional thinking prison will help. Yet punishment is just. Liberty is liberty and you call it what you want....but if life gets to be too much it's the owner of the life who should decide. I have had 2 goo friends.....hard working Christian frequent church going friends take themselves out. Both had rather good sided families. They are not cowards as many of you say. But I consider your collective thinking abilities.
Dang that was just immensely helpful...(not)

If you are going to make a claim that thinking prison time for crimes isn't helpful at least come up with an alternative would ya?

That niqqa was a head taller than me, zero fucks given. I have a feeling my friend's cousin from the hood set them other blacks straight.

He knows how me and his cousin used to roll. We have skills. Much moreso than him and his friends, and he knew that.

Not that he'd tell all that, but it's the truth.

I am on the opposite end of the spectrum. Its her life. If she no longer wants to live, she has every right to end it. Those left behind, IF the person doing it HAS people that will be left behind, will continue on because that's THEIR mindset. Sometimes, people don't have anyone.
And..sometimes a life suffering in pain is just not worth sticking around for. So no..suicide, in my opinion, is not selfish.

I am on the opposite end of the spectrum. Its her life. If she no longer wants to live, she has every right to end it. Those left behind, IF the person doing it HAS people that will be left behind, will continue on because that's THEIR mindset. Sometimes, people don't have anyone.
And..sometimes a life suffering in pain is just not worth sticking around for. So no..suicide, in my opinion, is not selfish.

Thought you were all buh-bye n stuff.

She should at least tr to stand up for herself.

Some of us took some pretty good beatings and such but still stood up to bullies but not everyone can do that. It hurts physically and as humans we prefer to avoid pain both physical and mental if at all possible.
Reading your responses..I am not sure this is a friend of yours. I think you are speaking on behalf of yourself on whether you should off yourself or not. Are you? You know..the ol "I have a friend" schpeel, when its really YOU.

That niqqa was a head taller than me, zero fucks given. I have a feeling my friend's cousin from the hood set them other blacks straight.

He knows how me and his cousin used to roll. We have skills. Much moreso than him and his friends, and he knew that.

We had six new ones shipped into the junior high back when they first started busing for so called equality. Even the local blacks didn't care for them. They went around kicking over peoples lunches who sat on the lawns or edge of the concrete. They simply were not nice. One day they were doing that and headed straight towards me. I stood up and took a challenge stance (at 5'3 and a girl too I must have made the lead one laugh but at that point in life I was pretty used to getting the shit beat out of me by older kids in groups and was just sick of it). One started to cause me a hassle and the lead one said, "Leave this one alone".

I think she should suck it up, buttercup. Why U try to kill your bf?

Did she really try to do it like that? This is rather ambiguous. G

We had six new ones shipped into the junior high back when they first started busing for so called equality. Even the local blacks didn't care for them. They went around kicking over peoples lunches who sat on the lawns or edge of the concrete. They simply were not nice. One day they were doing that and headed straight towards me. I stood up and took a challenge stance (at 5'3 and a girl too I must have made the lead one laugh but at that point in life I was pretty used to getting the shit beat out of me by older kids in groups and was just sick of it). One started to cause me a hassle and the lead one said, "Leave this one alone".
I always thought you were a dude, but ok. :)

Point being: You have to stand up for yourself.

I’ve known five people who have committed suicide. Two were brothers (they went a few years apart).

The only thing we really own is our life. And the decision to end it is the most personal decision possible. I have nothing to say about how others decide to end their life, I just accept their decision. It’s not cowardly and it’s not selfish. It is each person’s choice. The rest of us have nothing to say about it.

We can’t expect (or force) other people to live according to our values, beliefs, wishes, or religious views. Doing THAT would be truly selfish.

I was beat up once. ONCE. That was enough. I waited for that bitch after school when her buddies were not with her. That was enough for her..and me. I beat the fuck out of her. After that, she avoided me. Most did. I was a loner then and I am one now. I refuse to be a doormat.

I’ve known five people who have committed suicide. Two were brothers (they went a few years apart).

The only thing we really own is our life. And the decision to end it is the most personal decision possible. I have nothing to say about how others decide to end their life, I just accept their decision. It’s not cowardly and it’s not selfish. It is each person’s choice. The rest of us have nothing to say about it.

We can’t expect (or force) other people to live according to our values, beliefs, wishes, or religious views. Doing THAT would be truly selfish.
Excellent post ^^^

Rough and tumble....Rod is my hero and white night on the white horse both carnally and spiritually......He actually helped me get over all that childhood and young adult abuse I went through. He teases now from time to time because I don't put up with any crap from him either if he starts or tries to give me any...but he laughs about it too.

O definitely! My and my friends from around (some were black) (including the guy I was just talking about) had to fight the crosstown bused in bastards. We won. They even brought their uncles n stuff. :uhh:

We still won. :funnyface: Hah!

Rough and tumble....Rod is my hero and white night on the white horse both carnally and spiritually......He actually helped me get over all that childhood and young adult abuse I went through. He teases now from time to time because I don't put up with any crap from him either if he starts or tries to give me any...but he laughs about it too.

I take it Rod is your man?

Forum List

Back