Is suicide selfish?

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
My friend has tried to commit suicide in her mother's apartment, because she is about to go to prison for almost murdering her boyfriend out of jealousy.

She is a petite girl who was bullied in school nonstop and will be bullied in prison much more, she is easy to bully.

Does she have the right to commit suicide now that she will soon enter prison, the hell of her life?

Also, does her mother have the right to cry after not teaching her better?

What would you do in my friend's shoes, knowing you will be bullied to death in prison slowly anyways?

My friend has tried to commit suicide in her mother's apartment, because she is about to go to prison for almost murdering her boyfriend out of jealousy.

She is a petite girl who was bullied in school nonstop and will be bullied in prison much more, she is easy to bully.

Does she have the right to commit suicide now that she will soon enter prison, the hell of her life?

What would you do in my friend's shoes, knowing you will be bullied to death in prison slowly anyways?
It is totally selfish, as well as cowardly.

Why are you saying that? What is the logic of this evaluation?

Yes it is. Tell her to suck it up and move on when she gets out. If she really wants to, she can fight the dykes.

It may take shanks. :rolleyes:

I had to coerce a dyke off an innocent girl before, that was awkward, and I had to physically do it without punching her or putting her to sleep.

There was a bit of persuasion involved.

How old is she? How can her mother be responsible if the girl is grown? Of course her mother can cry.

Suicide is horrible for those left behind. I had a best friend to put a gun to her head, and pull the trigger.
It's not something you get over easily.

Because it's the truth. I cannot think of anything that would make me want to kill myself. Anyone who kills themselves is a coward. And if they have people who love them, their refusal to go on living is selfish.

Yes it is.. It is very selfish..

Because you are not thinking about those you leave behind, you are only concerned about yourself and how you feel.

But someone not part of the far left would understated such things.

Have her watch this, and behave accordingly when incarcerated. One time would probably be enough.

Suicide is the most selfish act. But, having said that, is being selfish necessarily bad? If this girl is facing prison for most of the rest of her life, and sees the horrific conditions she will endure, and decides she had rather not live than live like that, why shouldn't she commit suicide?

I know that sounds harsh.

not sure why putting an end to one's life would be cosidered a selfish thing to do. more like tragic ...

being sentenced for a crime is another story - I would try and tell her to make the best of it to straighten out her life - how long is her sentence.

I suspect the reason's for suicide vary. Sometimes selfish, sometimes not.

I would say that the man who commits suicide but makes it look like an accident so that the wife and kids can collect a huge life insurance settlement is not being selfish. Criminal, but not selfish.

How old is she? How can her mother be responsible if the girl is grown? Of course her mother can cry.

Suicide is horrible for those left behind. I had a best friend to put a gun to her head, and pull the trigger.
It's not something you get over easily.

She is soon 30 years old. I speculate that people's upbringing is what may make them criminals, sometimes.

Because it's the truth. I cannot think of anything that would make me want to kill myself. Anyone who kills themselves is a coward. And if they have people who love them, their refusal to go on living is selfish.
Even if she is facing daily torture in prison by her cellmates?

Because you are not thinking about those you leave behind, you are only concerned about yourself and how you feel.

But considering her daily torture by her cellmates?

Sounds like a sad situation but being bullied and jealousy (cruel as the grave) can't be an excuse for murder. Apparently the suicide didn't work? Perhaps you can minister to her and ask for God to send her help to overcome her torment and help for her mother's anguish.

It is not always just a selfish motive that drives such things when people subject themselves.

A murder suicide that occurred once to people we knew. Short version:

The guy had his life savings stolen from him by his second wife. It was her third or fourth marraige. (She was a very evil bitch that even slept with her own child in his youth. That child as an adult couldn't deal with what happened to him and he committed suicide years prior to the evil one being killed later.) She laughed at him for it after she and her one drug addict son stole it from him. The guy's first wife left him for a woman. Knowing how gentle this guy generally was I'd say she pushed his last button that fateful day and he was turned into a heavy alcoholic by then so he didn't have the full capacity to avoid what he normally would not have done (the evil one's second or third hubby prior to the last had also became an alcoholic while with her but by the grace of God got away from her).

Last edited:

But considering her daily torture by her cellmates?

Make a shank and shank 'um if they're going to torture her

Suicide is the most selfish act. But, having said that, is being selfish necessarily bad? If this girl is facing prison for most of the rest of her life, and sees the horrific conditions she will endure, and decides she had rather not live than live like that, why shouldn't she commit suicide?

I know that sounds harsh.
I think it is not harsh, and she thinks similarly.

Forum List

Back