What's new

Is secession a good idea?

LoneLaugher

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Fishing? Hoping to catch someone responding without clicking on the link?

Why not expand on your observation that it is interesting?

Lame.

jillian

Princess
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fishing? Hoping to catch someone responding without clicking on the link?

Why not expand on your observation that it is interesting?

Lame.
That's exactly what he thought. :rolleyes:

But just to save others the trouble... from his link:

I’m not talking about secession in the United States, where the issue is linked to the ugliness of slavery (though at least Walter Williams can write about the issue without the risk of being accused of closet racism).

But what about Europe? I have a hard time understanding why nations on the other side of the Atlantic should not be allowed to split up if there are fundamental differences between regions. Who can be against the concept of self-determination?

OP
Dissent

Dissent

Rookie
Reaction score
I expect people to read the link before responding...not doing so just makes ya sound like a complete moron...

OP
Dissent

Dissent

Rookie
Reaction score
That's fascinating....jillian can read minds now....pretty neato.

OP
Dissent

Dissent

Rookie
Reaction score
Gonna have to wait until someone quotes you Lone...I don't care to read your responses so you are on ignore....

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not at this point in time. I hope never. but things change.

OP
Dissent

Dissent

Rookie
Reaction score
Bullshit.
Since Dissent is to big a pussy and has you on ignore.
Not about being a pussy its about being able to read reasonable replies without having to wade through the idiocy and bullshit of people...I took 2 folks off ignore and I regretted it...nothing but a whiner and someone who bitched and moaned about EVERYTHING...so they went back on...I don't talk to unreasonable people...

For Texas, it's an excellent idea...the sooner the better.
That's a good start...soon enough the country will break apart but the article isn't even talking about the US...its talking about Belgium breaking apart since nationalist separatists have won elections its a very real possibility...the more the better IMO.

LoneLaugher

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Bullshit.
Since Dissent is to big a pussy and has you on ignore.
Not about being a pussy its about being able to read reasonable replies without having to wade through the idiocy and bullshit of people...I took 2 folks off ignore and I regretted it...nothing but a whiner and someone who bitched and moaned about EVERYTHING...so they went back on...I don't talk to unreasonable people...

For Texas, it's an excellent idea...the sooner the better.
That's a good start...soon enough the country will break apart but the article isn't even talking about the US...its talking about Belgium breaking apart since nationalist separatists have won elections its a very real possibility...the more the better IMO.

Those Who choose to ignore.......risk being ignorant.

LordBrownTrout

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm moving off into my log house compound in the mountains in a couple of years. I don't care what y'all do.

Harry Dresden

Adamantium Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gonna have to wait until someone quotes you Lone...I don't care to read your responses so you are on ignore....
in other words you cant handle what he says to ya.....right?

OP
Dissent

Dissent

Rookie
Reaction score
I already answered why his idiotic mumbling ass is on ignore...along with the other 23 morons...I am sure you have some of the same on ignore...

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Not at this point in time. I hope never. but things change.
I don't know, didin't you hear the smirking smarmy VP say the other night that there was no hope that a democrat could EVER work with a Republican? I think the HOpe is gone. I can't see how the two factions of this country could ever get along after all the nastiness the democrats have hurled, it's hard to take back words.

Most reactions - Past 7 days