Is old music killing new music?

The music of my generation sucks. My parents had great music to listen to and I love it too. Rock n Roll died after the 1990's.
That's pretty much what happened. :(

There's been a few..like The Donnas and uhh..Oh dadgummint! The little pretty Jew boys with the singer that's kickass..wtf is their name? Oh! I got it: Greta Van Fleet. The "Evanescence" metal fusion type stuff is OK, too.

Yeah, I'm an old rocker from the days of The Who, Hendrix, Zeppelin, Stones, etc.

And yeah...............I think that a lot of music today is crap. But, I've found that there are some decent songs that are out there on the fringes. Two of them are................Carol's Daughter "Target Practice" acoustic version, and "Good For You" by Olivia Rodrigo. Can't get the videos to come up here from my YouTube account, but they are definitely worth listening to.

As far as rap? Not really a fan, but this particular song from the Yin Yang Twins I really like.................

Heard "Fist Pump Jump Jump" while watching Pitch Perfect. Liked the snippet that I heard, so had to go find the song, and it's pretty great.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm an old rocker from the days of The Who, Hendrix, Zeppelin, Stones, etc.

And yeah...............I think that a lot of music today is crap. But, I've found that there are some decent songs that are out there on the fringes. Two of them are................Carol's Daughter "Target Practice" acoustic version, and "Good For You" by Olivia Rodrigo. Can't get the videos to come up here from my YouTube account, but they are definitely worth listening to.

As far as rap? Not really a fan, but this particular song from the Yin Yang Twins I really like.................

Heard "Fist Pump Jump Jump" while watching Pitch Perfect. Liked the snippet that I heard, so had to go find the song, and it's pretty great.

We come from the same musical era. And while I do not listen to much of today's music, I have heard some decent stuff out there. It is just uncommon.

But I think we can all find something that reaches us.

Carol's Daughter "Target Practice" acoustic version, and "Good For You" by Olivia Rodrigo. Can't get the videos to come up here from my YouTube account

As far as rap? Not really a fan, but this particular song from the Yin Yang Twins I really like......
Probably because it half borrows from "Jump" by Van Halen, the other half some rap hit I can't recall.

Most comments from the young on YouTube say they wish their music was good as what we had, some young teens even like it.

Forum List

Back