Is old music killing new music?

New music is becoming the mass-produced, computer processed sound of the out-of-control consumer slave. Old music is God.

I wouldn't be able to say because I don't pay enough attention to how well or bad the newer stuff is doing. At the end of the day, people are going to focus on whatever interests them and for the most part it won't matter to them how much attention other people gives the material.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Pretty sure my neighbors are not pleased today. Been cleaning out my apt of junk I don't need...which isn't really junk. I just figure if its in a bin in the closet, then it isn't that special to me.

So.....I'm cranking my moosik. Led Zepplin, Crosby Still Nash Young, Santana, Hendrix, Joplin, Jefferson Airplane, The Animals, Rolling Stones,Cream, etc etc etc.
LOUD.

Pretty sure my neighbors are not pleased today. Been cleaning out my apt of junk I don't need...which isn't really junk. I just figure if its in a bin in the closet, then it isn't that special to me.

So.....I'm cranking my moosik. Led Zepplin, Crosby Still Nash Young, Santana, Hendrix, Joplin, Jefferson Airplane, The Animals, Rolling Stones,Cream, etc etc etc.
LOUD.

Want to really piss them off, play some Captain and Tennille

The crap I hear in todays music is like the new cars. They all look the same. In this case, SOUND the same. And a lot of it is "borrowed", but tweaked by the singer(s) who don't have the brains to write their own.
I dunno

Or..if you want newer..warning--political

Last edited:

Old songs now represent 70 percent of the U.S. music market, according to the latest numbers from MRC Data, a music-analytics firm. Those who make a living from new music—especially that endangered species known as the working musician—should look at these figures with fear and trembling. But the news gets worse: The new-music market is actually shrinking. All the growth in the market is coming from old songs.

Is it? Yup. Why? Cuz ours are better. :icon_sjung:
It's because they suck these days.

I just checked out the Billboard Top 100. Filled with Li'l Baby and near as I can tell it's absolute crap. Not because it's rap, but because it's crappy rap. Really bad.

But then there's this:

I think one of the problems is the executives in charge of what is produced and pushed. They have a formula for what makes money. And anything outside of that is not recorded.

Old songs now represent 70 percent of the U.S. music market, according to the latest numbers from MRC Data, a music-analytics firm. Those who make a living from new music—especially that endangered species known as the working musician—should look at these figures with fear and trembling. But the news gets worse: The new-music market is actually shrinking. All the growth in the market is coming from old songs.

Is it? Yup. Why? Cuz ours are better. :icon_sjung:
The music of my generation sucks. My parents had great music to listen to and I love it too. Rock n Roll died after the 1990's.

Forum List

Back