Is Obama one of the best speakers in our nation's history???

is Obama one of the best speakers in our nation's history

• yes

Votes: 39 40.2%
  • are you fucking kidding me????

Votes: 58 59.8%

• Total voters
Hey, I'm not a fan. I'm just saying he is an effective public speaker. That doesn't mean he is the best or most memorable either.
I think he is effective to a particular persuasion but I think a great speaker is one that reaches a broad audience, rises to the occasion and makes them want to.

Hey, I'm not a fan. I'm just saying he is an effective public speaker. That doesn't mean he is the best or most memorable either.
I think he is effective to a particular persuasion but I think a great speaker is one that reaches a broad audience, rises to the occasion and makes them want to.

Well, not so much anymore, but when he was campaigning, he made some pretty good speeches. Of course, most of knew they were full of lies and deceptions. :D

I say hell no. LoneLaugher thinks he is. Hahahahaha

He is an effective speaker. THAT is how he won the presidency.

Yes, he has been effective, but to say he's one of best speakers in history is a bit much. Don't ya think?

Oh, I don't think he's the best. I just wanted to say that I think he was an effective speaker. There are only two choices listed to choose from, that I think he is a terrible speaker (in so many words - lol), or the best speaker. I don't feel that either apply, so I posted my opinion. :D

Of course he is

Hahahaha way to stand by LL, RW. You can't possibly believe that though.
It is common knowledge

Both of Obamas inaugural addresses, his speech after the shooting of Gabby Giffords, his Nobel speech

All great speeches

I haven't heard anyone in politics or in the media refer to Obozo as one of the best speakers in American history.

His Noble Prize speech was a good speech substance wise. His speech at the Democratic Convention when he was a State Senator was a good speech. Other than those two his speeches leave a lot to be desired.

Yes, he has been effective, but to say he's one of best speakers in history is a bit much. Don't ya think?

Oh, I don't think he's the best. I just wanted to say that I think he was an effective speaker. There are only two choices listed to choose from, that I think he is a terrible speaker (in so many words - lol), or the best speaker. I don't feel that either apply, so I posted my opinion. :D

LL and Rightwinger have the absurd opinion that he's one of the best in American history. I personally don't even think he's good, but to say he's one of the best, wow, just wow.

LL and Rightwinger have the absurd opinion that he's one of the best in American history. I personally don't even think he's good, but to say he's one of the best, wow, just wow.

Some people are still in the midst of a love affair, and love is blind!

He won because he read the scripts his handlers wrote, mostly trashing their enemies, and the leftwing media spread it around like manuring the fields.

I can't remember one line from any of his speeches, yet here we are 150 years later and I can remember the Gettysburg Address, JFK's "ask not" and Reagan's "tear down this wall."

I am pretty sure he would do well as the announcer on the Price is Right.

He won the Presidency on his speaking but what people are finding out is everything he SAID was a LIE. THAT'S why his approval ratings are in the shitter along with our country

Nope. That would still be Ronald Reagan and he wasn't as lazy as Obama in that he wrote a lot of his own speeches. At least he proof read them where he didn't call his military he was CIC of , Corpse-man
Reagan was a great communicator, to be sure, but among the presidents, Abraham Lincoln was the real wordsmith, penning most of his own speeches. His ideas were salient and expressed in a style free of the bombastic oratory of the frontier. His speeches were both direct and poetic, and still captivate a nation.

Next to Reagan, Obama is a sprout. Next to Lincoln, he's a babbler.

He won because he read the scripts his handlers wrote, mostly trashing their enemies, and the leftwing media spread it around like manuring the fields.

I can't remember one line from any of his speeches, yet here we are 150 years later and I can remember the Gettysburg Address, JFK's "ask not" and Reagan's "tear down this wall."

I am pretty sure he would do well as the announcer on the Price is Right.

:lol:

Still waiting for the list of American statesmen and women who can be considered better than Obama when it comes to delivering speeches.

So far.....people have mentioned Lincoln and Reagan. I'll give you those two.

Is Obama third? Who is ahead of him?

Somebody make an effort.

Still waiting for the list of American statesmen and women who can be considered better than Obama when it comes to delivering speeches.

Somebody make an effort.

FDR
JFK

Let's not forget President George W Bush's "I hear you and the people who did this are going to hear from all of us!"

Somebody make an effort.
George W Bush. He gave wonderful speeches.

Forum List

Back