Is Monsanto a Threat?

Just for some that might not know. Monsanto former employees are imbedded in the government.

Michael R. Taylor

Between 1996 and 2000, after briefly returning to King & Spalding, he then returned to Monsanto to become Vice President for Public Policy

Fast forward to today.....

On July 7, 2009, Taylor once again returned to government as Senior Advisor to the FDA Commissioner.And on January 13, 2010, he was appointed to another newly created post at the FDA, this time as Deputy Commissioner for Foods.

Taylor is featured in the documentaries The Future of Food and The World According to Monsanto as a pertinent example of revolving door since he is a lawyer who has spent the last few decades moving between Monsanto and the FDA and USDA.

Michael R. Taylor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just for some that might not know. Monsanto former employees are imbedded in the government.

Michael R. Taylor

Between 1996 and 2000, after briefly returning to King & Spalding, he then returned to Monsanto to become Vice President for Public Policy

On July 7, 2009, Taylor once again returned to government as Senior Advisor to the FDA Commissioner.And on January 13, 2010, he was appointed to another newly created post at the FDA, this time as Deputy Commissioner for Foods.

Taylor is featured in the documentaries The Future of Food and The World According to Monsanto as a pertinent example of revolving door since he is a lawyer who has spent the last few decades moving between Monsanto and the FDA and USDA.

Yep...Food Inc. should be required viewing by all high school seniors, and again as college seniors.
Ever notice this show has never been shown on regular TV stations??

And this woman is the perfect example of the revolving door of these companies and the government .

Check out her bio. Gets a tad worrisome to have all of them in bed together. .

Linda Fisher

Linda J. Fisher is a Vice President Safety, Health and Environment and Chief Sustainability Officer of DuPont.

When working for the United States Environmental Protection Agency she was Deputy Administrator;
Assistant Administrator - Office of Prevention, Pesticides and Toxic Substances; Assistant Administrator - Office of Policy, Planning and Evaluation; and Chief of Staff to the EPA Administrator.

She was also Vice President of Government Affairs for Monsanto Company, a pesticide and biotechnology corporation. Fisher was also "Of Counsel" with the law firm Latham & Watkins.

Linda Fisher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Michael R. Taylor

Yep...Food Inc. should be required viewing by all high school seniors, and again as college seniors.
Ever notice this show has never been shown on regular TV stations
??

I noticed that too....but same thing with the media. all the Newspapers, TV stations etc are owned by a handful of companies.

If You restrict the information the populace never knows......muhhahahahaha peeerrrrfect!

Michael R. Taylor

Agreed. The agenda of companies like Monsanto, Dupont and Bayer just to name a few is more than a bit disturbing.

Last edited:
So Tiny, here Is what I don't understand. We both see the influence these companies have in government but I think we disagree on Citizens United. You're pro right?

Do you not see the correlation between lining someones pockets and getting "the right people" put in place?

Michael R. Taylor

Agreed. The agenda of companies like Monsanto, Dupont and Bayer just to name a few is more than a bit disturbing.

Food Inc., changed how my family buys and eats. The day I watched this film was the last day I purchased any meat from a grocery store. We also buy as much produce locally that we can.
I believe it is impossible to watch this show and not be affected by it - especially knowing that two people lost everything they owned due to whistleblowing against the Chicken and Beef industry. Another industry that is wholly corrupt and deeply imbedded into the government.

Food Inc., changed how my family buys and eats. The day I watched this film was the last day I purchased any meat from a grocery store. We also buy as much produce locally that we can.
I believe it is impossible to watch this show and not be affected by it - especially knowing that two people lost everything they owned due to whistleblowing against the Chicken and Beef industry. Another industry that is wholly corrupt and deeply imbedded into the government.

I watched it and another one is called Forks over Knives. That's what did it for me and I TRY TRY TRY to by locally but the meat is expensive...but the taste woo buddy!!!

Local produce taste better and I know where it came from...

I want to visit that guy with the farm in VA....doing it right and fighting the fight

I watched it and another one is called Forks over Knives. That's what did it for me and I TRY TRY TRY to by locally but the meat is expensive...but the taste woo buddy!!!

Local produce taste better and I know where it came from...

I want to visit that guy with the farm in VA....doing it right and fighting the fight

We go in with 2 or 3 other families and split the cost to buy and have processed a cow or a pig and then divide the meat equally.

Sometimes the butcher will process the meat in exchange for a share of the meat.

Either way it saves us a slew of money.

Also, check out food co-ops....http://www.coopdirectory.org/directory.htm

Last edited:
Whether it's GMO produce to meat glue the bottom line is the food industry is dangerous to your health.

Hunting, fishing buying local sides of beef and pork from farmers we know (just found a buffalo farmer YAY! ) and the ability to have a large garden and can and freeze our own veggies has been our lives for decades with the exception of a five year run living back in Toronto.

But even in that time period we would drive miles north to local farmers' markets and buy bushels of beets, beans and the like and still can healthy grown produce.

Not everyone has this luxury though. And that's a tough go trying to provide healthy meals for yourself and your family in an urban environment.

I don't envy those folks.

Last edited:
One of the biggest scams going is "meat glue". Not only is the food industry a danger to your health but also to your pocketbook.

Check this out. There is no law in the USA against this. They call it "reformed steak". Meat chunks glued together to form a "filet".

High bacteria levels are more than possible.

Revealed: How chefs use 'meat glue' made from pig blood to stick steaks together

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 23:34 GMT, 15 May 2012 | UPDATED: 07:31 GMT, 16 May 2012

It's packaged in supermarkets and delis as 'formed', or 'reformed', meat.

But in restaurants across the U.S., there are no laws requiring chefs to disclose the use of 'meat glue', a kitchen trick that has left consumers curdling at the thought of ordering a filet.

The little-known secret - a powder substance made from an animal blood clotting agent that connects small pieces of meat - allows chefs to sell the final product as a prime cut, making fast food out of fine dining, experts say.

article-2144981-131BCB7D000005DC-392_468x286.jpg

Kitchen trick: Transglutaminase enzyme, or 'meat glue', is a powder substance made from an animal blood clotting agent that connects small pieces of meat

article-2144981-131BCB82000005DC-363_468x286.jpg

Read to roll: After the mass is refrigerated for 12 hours in plastic wrap, it's ready to be sliced open and cooked

Spot the difference? The cut of meat looks so much like a real filet even most experts can hardly distinguish the two

article-2144981-131BCB89000005DC-239_468x286.jpg

Sliced up: Restaurants are not required to label 'reformed' steak on the menu

How chefs use 'meat glue' made from pig blood to stick steaks together | Mail Online

One of the biggest scams going is "meat glue". Not only is the food industry a danger to your health but also to your pocketbook.

Check this out. There is no law in the USA against this. They call it "reformed steak". Meat chunks glued together to form a "filet".

High bacteria levels are more than possible.

Revealed: How chefs use 'meat glue' made from pig blood to stick steaks together

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 23:34 GMT, 15 May 2012 | UPDATED: 07:31 GMT, 16 May 2012

It's packaged in supermarkets and delis as 'formed', or 'reformed', meat.

But in restaurants across the U.S., there are no laws requiring chefs to disclose the use of 'meat glue', a kitchen trick that has left consumers curdling at the thought of ordering a filet.

The little-known secret - a powder substance made from an animal blood clotting agent that connects small pieces of meat - allows chefs to sell the final product as a prime cut, making fast food out of fine dining, experts say.

article-2144981-131BCB7D000005DC-392_468x286.jpg

Kitchen trick: Transglutaminase enzyme, or 'meat glue', is a powder substance made from an animal blood clotting agent that connects small pieces of meat

article-2144981-131BCB82000005DC-363_468x286.jpg

Read to roll: After the mass is refrigerated for 12 hours in plastic wrap, it's ready to be sliced open and cooked

Spot the difference? The cut of meat looks so much like a real filet even most experts can hardly distinguish the two

article-2144981-131BCB89000005DC-239_468x286.jpg

Sliced up: Restaurants are not required to label 'reformed' steak on the menu

How chefs use 'meat glue' made from pig blood to stick steaks together | Mail Online

Hate this stuff...

It is extremely dangerous when undisclosed.

The reason you can order a steak underdone in the middle (rare or medium) with relative safety from food borne illness is the center of the meat has not been exposed to the outside environment.

With meat glue, the interior HAS been exposed to the outside environment, therefore it is NOT safe to prepare rare, medium rare or medium doneness.

Monsanto hold is on roundup ready seeds. if you don't feel the need to use roundup than don't buy from Monsanto.

I don't know of anything at burger King or McDonald that has a Monsanto label to it.

A threat to what? Our food supply? Our freedoms? Our government? Us personally?

They are a threat because they are continuing a trend that many companies are vying for...

Unlinking themselves from liability from the harm their products might do.

And that's a powerful incentive to make sure you get stuff right.

The first part of this is the result of the filthy fucking scum in government allowing the patent office to patent life forms. The second part is the result of government's fight against nature. What if the farmer did plant a similar crop with the full intention of letting nature take its course? Who the fuck is Monsanto? God, as far as scum are concerned. That's who Monsanto is.

It isn't possible for anything too bad to happen to people and the families of people who support patenting life forms and support nature's path being subordinated to the field owner with the most money. God damn those people.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back