Zone1 Is Living in the U.S. A Life Wasted?

Let me treat you like an adult just for a moment. If you feel "fortunate" to live in the US that's your business. But you really are lame-brained about Scandinavia. Let us begin your lesson by getting your English grammar straightened out. What are you trying to say (and failing completely) by "where everyone is fleeing by the thousands"? You're lacking a very important proposition here. Are you trying to say "to" or "from"?
/——/ The proposition??? And you are lecturing me on English? BWHAHAHAHA BWHAHAHAHA
1695411815374.png

Speaking of surgery .... what about insurance?

TriCare select works there. I have been talking to one of the guys from the local VSO about it. There are a large number of Veteran Ex-Pats in panama. The biggest difference is you have to pay up front and get insurance to reimburse you

I watched a video just last week from an American couple. Not long after they got there the wife fell sick and and to go to the local hospital and was diagnosed with pneumonia and ended up spending 16 days in the hospital.

Before they checked out they had to pay in cash...the total was just under $1300. How much would the same thing cost here in the US? at least another zero, if not two

Its an interesting question.

The quality of the replies seems to indicate the answer is yes.

As for the pharmaceuticals; I was a pharmacy tech for a while. Drugs are put into classes (anti coagulants, anti bacterials, anti blah blah blahs). To get your certification, you have to study the top 200 prescribed drugs. Across the classes; you may find one or two in most classes in the top 200. For SSRIs (Anti-Depressants), they had at least ten different drugs in the top 10. So Americans are hooked on anti-depressants. Now why is that?

People will take it as a political statement and it isn’t... But it is capitalism. Doctors want repeat customers. How do they get them? Make them feel good. Anti-depressants do that. A pill taken twice a day is much easier than developing a meaningful relationship, finding a fulfilling hobby, or making the change that you know is needed to change your life.

Lots of macro here...

But the lesson is in the micro.

TriCare select works there. I have been talking to one of the guys from the local VSO about it. There are a large number of Veteran Ex-Pats in panama. The biggest difference is you have to pay up front and get insurance to reimburse you

I watched a video just last week from an American couple. Not long after they got there the wife fell sick and and to go to the local hospital and was diagnosed with pneumonia and ended up spending 16 days in the hospital.

Before they checked out they had to pay in cash...the total was just under $1300. How much would the same thing cost here in the US? at least another zero, if not two
As long as you've got the means and TriCare stands by their commitment then there's no problem.

I belong to a group on Facebook for people who have or are interested in dual citizenship. My mother is an immigrant from Singapore and my wife and I have discussed the likelihood of us retiring outside the U.S. when we reach that age. Someone posted a question today simply asking why people wanted dual citizenship. Most people had very short and basic answers: the ease of visiting family, staying longer, wanting a second home abroad, but this one individual wrote something far more intuitive and rather profound.

View attachment 830667

Note: I can't link to this post as it is a private group, so I took a screenshot.

It's hard for me to argue with many of her points. I've travelled all over the world and most people live substandard lives compared to those us in the United States, but there are also plenty of places where people have it better than us, depending on what's most important to you. We do work harder than our industrial counterparts. We do spend less leisure time and less time with our families. We do have a lot of chemicals in our food that other countries do not allow. It does seem like in the United States we're all in a constant rat race, whereas my experience in many European countries is that people live more relaxed and less stressed lives, even if they don't have all the commodities we're accustomed to. I brought up in a thread a few months ago that while Americans make up only 5% of the world population we consume 50% of the world's pharmaceuticals. That's a damning statistic regarding our people.

Are we doing it wrong? I'm curious as to everyone's thoughts.
She wants to earn the income in the US, then take the money and spend it in another country where she can live like a king on American $$$.
Classy.

She wants to earn the income in the US, then take the money and spend it in another country where she can live like a king on American $$$.
Classy.
Don't you worry. If Zoolinksy doesn't get whacked he'll be taking his gazillions with him (much of it absconded from Ukies' tax money & the rest that he pocketed from your dollar aid packages) and he'll buy a mansion on the seafront in Florida and spend his money there, "Living like a king".

Forum List

Back