Is It Wrong to Think Homosexuality is a Sin?

Homosexuality (and divorce except under certain condition) were unacceptable on Gods sight even after Jesus

I'm no expert on the xtian scriptures, but where is homosexuality specifically forbidden in their texts?

Not forbidden, not smiled upon, either.

God rained fire and brimstone down on Sodom and Gomorrah because they were so perverse and corrupted..

Who says? Do people? Can you substantiate either claim?
Nope, but this is what many Christians believe, which, they have a right to. And, the theory is that we can exert self control to behave in a way pleasing to God if we love Him
Whereby; if "He" really loved me... he could exert self control to behave in a way that is pleasing to me... "Love" after all, in the classical sense has to be a two way street. Most would settle for him simply making himself known. And no... other people telling you about it through word of mouth, or writing doesn't cut it.
Those that choose to believe this way, defer to God as the ultimate rule maker. They are after all believers, so, they worship Him and realize as an unfallible being he is always right and perfect. Those that don't believe make their own rules and live by their own moral code
And by doing the latter; are they not by default... following this Gods example. If so in a twist of irony, it would make the latter more Godly...
Really? How so?
By emulating what this "God" does.

Homosexuality (and divorce except under certain condition) were unacceptable on Gods sight even after Jesus

I'm no expert on the xtian scriptures, but where is homosexuality specifically forbidden in their texts?

God rained fire and brimstone down on Sodom and Gomorrah because they were so perverse and corrupted..
There was a lot more said to be going on in Sodom and Gomorrah than homosexuality. Rape, murder, orgies, etc.

That's the basis of my conundrum. If homosexuality between consenting adults is forbidden based on scripture, why isn't eating bacon, which is just a specifically forbidden.

The argument is that Jesus nullified the previous biblical prohibitions but that would have to include homosexuality (as well as murder and adultery) as well.

There was a lot more said to be going on in Sodom and Gomorrah than homosexuality. Rape, murder, orgies, etc.

They tried to rape angels. :cuckoo:

Homosexuality is found throughout nature. So if you think that god created everything...

And Jesus died on the cross for our sins, so that point is moot.
God holds us higher than other species. Animals don't have souls
Nope, but this is what many Christians believe, which, they have a right to. And, the theory is that we can exert self control to behave in a way pleasing to God if we love Him
Whereby; if "He" really loved me... he could exert self control to behave in a way that is pleasing to me... "Love" after all, in the classical sense has to be a two way street. Most would settle for him simply making himself known. And no... other people telling you about it through word of mouth, or writing doesn't cut it.
Those that choose to believe this way, defer to God as the ultimate rule maker. They are after all believers, so, they worship Him and realize as an unfallible being he is always right and perfect. Those that don't believe make their own rules and live by their own moral code
God is God. The Bible is mankind's interpretation of God and what God wants. Those are two different concepts.

They tried to rape angels. :cuckoo:
Lesson Learned: Don't fuck with the Angels!

got-ethics-homosexuality-29-728.jpg

View attachment 146149
Passages such as that belie the concept that God is all powerful, all knowing and all merciful. So which is it? Is God really all of those things or is the Bible 100% correct?

View attachment 146149
Passages such as that belie the concept that God is all powerful, all knowing and all merciful. So which is it? Is God really all of those things or is the Bible 100% correct?
Well some believe it is....not sure what you mean that this indicates God is not all powerful...

View attachment 146149
Well some believe it is....not sure what you mean that this indicates God is not all powerful...
Yes, they do. Some believe Jesus was a Liberal and some believe in talking in tongues and playing with snakes.

God can't hate or condemn someone forever to Hell if God is all merciful. God isn't all knowing if God didn't know that a person was born gay and would act according to what their heart tells them.

What do you think?

If you believe you have a right to believe this, and you are offended, is it OK to voice this?
Everyone should believe in something.

I believe I will have another drink.

Everyone should be tolerant of others so that everyone can coexist.

With 7 billion people on the planet at the moment -- and growing -- there is no one ideology or religion or philosophy or scientific school that fits all.

Ergo tolerance and coexistence are critical for world peace.

The Catholics and the Muslims have each already tried to force a world religion on everybody an it did not work. It would never work.

As for homo's being sinners or not, that depends on the doctrines and the dogmas of your own religion.

You can believe anything you want.

You can believe in Santa Clause. You can believe in the Tooth Faerie. You can believe in the Easter Bunny. And you can believe in the Faerie Godmother. But you can also bet the Boogieman will get you if you try to force your religion or your lack of religion on anybody else.

Q.E.D.

I have poured through the New Testament thoroughly, and have compiled an exhaustive list of statements by Jesus telling us that homosexuality is a sin. Any good Christian should realize that He said "believe in ME and ye shall be saved" rather than "believe in Saul of Tarsus and ye shall me saved", and so His words are of utmost import here. In any case, please read below all of the statements Jesus made to His followers regarding the evils of homosexuality. Here goes:
It's PORED not POURED.

FYI.

What do you think?

If you believe you have a right to believe this, and you are offended, is it OK to voice this?
There is no such thing as sin. Sin is a construct of religion, that is used to keep those under its sway controlled. There is no magical sky genie lurking overhead watching to see what you stick in your butt. The idea alone is a barrel of laughs.
On a side note; when someone invents a religion that is all about freaky unhindered hetero sex; let me know. I'll be all in. Now that would be something to believe in...
So, if I were to shoot you in a society that says that there is nothing wrong with shooting people, it would be fine? And so if you were to take a 13 year old boy into the closet in say the city of Sodom and introduce him to the wild world of sexuality and the rest to the city was entirely OK with that, that would be acceptable?

Thank GOD that a belief in GOD totally disagrees with you! Good and bad is not based on what we think or want, but what GOD proclaims.

It is peculiar when it is comprehended that people imagine that modern man is superior to some poor barbarian living in a cave --- the reality is that they are both one and the very same --- it's only the excuses that are different...

Homosexuality is found throughout nature. So if you think that god created everything...

So basically, it's ok with you for people to live in a fantasy world.

What do you think?

Some people's god think that even rocks have souls, let alone animals. What makes you think that your god is the right one and that animals don't have souls?
I was just stating what Christians believe. I am not knowledgable of other religions but they obviously have a right to voice their beliefs
So you don't believe it yourself? Good for you.

What do you think?

Again, GOD created a perfect universe. When Adam and Eve decided to listen to Satan, they corrupted not only themselves but the entire Creation. Nature groans under the weight of sin. Animals now attack each other, insects carry diseases, plants are poisonous and give rashes, mountains and oceans now separate people. What you are trying to promote is corrupted lies and half-truths. You either never read the Bible or you simply close your eyes and ears to those things that annoy you!

What do you think?

Some people's god think that even rocks have souls, let alone animals. What makes you think that your god is the right one and that animals don't have souls?
I was just stating what Christians believe. I am not knowledgable of other religions but they obviously have a right to voice their beliefs
So you don't believe it yourself? Good for you.
I believe in God, yes, but I am not committed to faith that much....if that makes sense

Forum List

Back