Is it to soon to speculate? Is Biden out, or in for the distance?

I am not a supporter of Obama, but I think a shrewd political move would be to name Representative Giffords his VP running mate.

This will give him a female on the democratic ticket to counter Bachman or Palin, and would win the sympathy vote.

I really hope he doesn't though because I am a Ron Paul supporter, but man what a political ticket that would be.
Isn't she brain damaged?

Far from it. She even traveled to Washington on Jan. 8th to vote on legislation to avoid a U.S. Default. Here is a quote from her taken from her website after casting her vote.

“I have closely followed the debate over our debt ceiling and have been deeply disappointed at what’s going on in Washington,” Giffords said. “After weeks of failed debate in Washington, I was pleased to see a solution to this crisis emerge. I strongly believe that crossing the aisle for the good of the American people is more important than party politics. I had to be here for this vote. I could not take the chance that my absence could crash our economy.”

She's recovering, but it's a SLOW process, and it'll be many years before she's anywhere near as able as she was - anywhere near able to perform the job of President (probably the most stressful job on this planet), which she would have to be able to do, if she were to become VP.

I don't see how Biden has ever helped the President. But then I also don't really see how changing up the VP will help or hurt him much either.

Obama's problem isn't Biden. Obama's problem is Obama.

I don't see how Biden has ever helped the President. But then I also don't really see how changing up the VP will help or hurt him much either.

In 2008, Biden brought Obama the blue-collar working class Democrats.

You attribute that to Biden? Seriously?

I am not a supporter of Obama, but I think a shrewd political move would be to name Representative Giffords his VP running mate.

This will give him a female on the democratic ticket to counter Bachman or Palin, and would win the sympathy vote.

I really hope he doesn't though because I am a Ron Paul supporter, but man what a political ticket that would be.

But Hillary would hate that.

Last I heard Hillary has no intention of taking a vp position. In fact I think she will step down as SOS.

I had not heard anything about that since the primaries of the 2008 election.

And you know, Hillary said she won't take Sec of State next time around.

I'm no Obama or Hillary fan, but I have to say, that if he should replace Biden with Hillary, I think it might actually improve his chances. Now, I'm not saying a Republican is going to win either way as I don't much care for any of the Republicans who have stuck their heads up so far, but Obama is in trouble with the economy and it may very well cost him a shot at being a two term President. Adding Hillary to the equation might be the spark he needs.

Immie

In 2008, Biden brought Obama the blue-collar working class Democrats.

You attribute that to Biden? Seriously?

He played a part, certainly.

Biden is seen as an everyman - he's not a millionaire, he's not polished. He makes gaffes, and commutes by amtrak. That certainly helped Obama in MANY parts of the country.

ah good this thread. yeah it was stupid when the libs did it with cheney.

Said it then and I will say it now. Bush should have dumped Cheney. In fact, Bush should never have chosen Cheney in the first place.

Immie

But Hillary would hate that.

Last I heard Hillary has no intention of taking a vp position. In fact I think she will step down as SOS.

I'm no Obama or Hillary fan, but I have to say, that if he should replace Biden with Hillary, I think it might actually improve his chances. Now, I'm not saying a Republican is going to win either way as I don't much care for any of the Republicans who have stuck their heads up so far, but Obama is in trouble with the economy and it may very well cost him a shot at being a two term President. Adding Hillary to the equation might be the spark he needs.

Immie

Hilary has repeatedly stated that she's retiring from politics, and will NOT be on the ticket.

Immie

Hilary has repeatedly stated that she's retiring from politics, and will NOT be on the ticket.

Not saying you are wrong. I just have not heard it.

She's been relatively quiet recently. She's been doing her job and in my opinion doing it pretty damned well.

Shit!!! Did I really just say that about Hillary Clinton?

Immie

How about about Anthony Weiner?

He's got name recognition, the Liberals were terrible distraught when he left the political arena, and he personifies the most staunchly defended plank in the Democratic platform.

I am of the mind, Biden is out.

Generally a President when they choose a Veep try to fill a hole, buttress a big policy issue with the selected one's experience or more/most importantly choose a gov. ( nationally popular or at least known) to bring on board a questionable state or keep one in their column that may be going sideways (John Hickenlooper Colorodo. or retired gov. Ed Rendell Pennsylvania. )……..

I don’t know, looking at the softness in many Midwest states that he needs to keep, that ship apparently has sailed as they are all Rep. or the few left as Dems have a tenuous hold on their states as in fractious legislatures and severe cash flow problems they are responsible for, or are not handling well ( Pat Quinn Ill.) not exactly someone you want on the stump talking about the economy which will be issue no.1 come next summer and election time.

He took on Biden due to what were seen as foreign policy and grand old man patina……..

So will Biden stay orrrrr maybe Hillary…or?

Heres a link to present ( they cross link to past ) governors….

List of current United States governors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If he dumped Biden for Giffords he would instantly lose my vote.

You don't put someone recovering from a bullet thru the brain a heartbeat from the Presidency.

Generally a President when they choose a Veep try to fill a hole, buttress a big policy issue with the selected one's experience or more/most importantly choose a gov. ( nationally popular or at least known) to bring on board a questionable state or keep one in their column that may be going sideways (John Hickenlooper Colorodo. or retired gov. Ed Rendell Pennsylvania. )……..

I don’t know, looking at the softness in many Midwest states that he needs to keep, that ship apparently has sailed as they are all Rep. or the few left as Dems have a tenuous hold on their states as in fractious legislatures and severe cash flow problems they are responsible for, or are not handling well ( Pat Quinn Ill.) not exactly someone you want on the stump talking about the economy which will be issue no.1 come next summer and election time.

He took on Biden due to what were seen as foreign policy and grand old man patina……..

You don't put someone recovering from a bullet thru the brain a heartbeat from the Presidency.

I would also add, you don't use a person recovering from a bullet through the brain for political gain.

At least if you are a shrewd politician who realizes that people aren't stupid.

I would also add, you don't use a person recovering from a bullet through the brain for political gain.

Yes, it would bring the term "sympathy pick" to an entirely new low.

Yes, it would bring the term "sympathy pick" to an entirely new low.

I think it would likely cause a reaction similiar to the Wellstone memorial. Instead of remembering a man who died tragedicly, they used his death for politicial reasons and it backfired.

I would like to think the Democrats have learned since then. And I hope the Republicans haven't decended down there.

But unfortunately, as humans, that's not always the case.

I don't see anything hilarious about the deteriorating conditions in this country.

Stop being dramatic. I didn't say that I don't care about the country. I'm laughing at you cons speculating about Biden like you have inside information.

Stop being a jerk.
This is a discussion forum, you know...to discuss politics and opinions.
Go back to your X-Box.

Isn't she brain damaged?

That hasn't stopped a whole bunch of other candidates.

Biden's on the way to the retirement home. He's gone. Obama needed the 'daddy' figure because his own record was so empty.

Now, he doesn't need that. What he does need is a 'card'.... he's the 'black', so I'd say he'll pick a female... and I'd say Giffords would be a vote winner.

Americans are a sucker for a sob story.

Forum List

Back