Is it possible that the allegorical account of a great flood is true?

Wow, but you know all those people all over the world were wrong and you're right. How?
What did I say they were wrong about, specifically? Yes, if anyone who was alive 8000 years ago claimed a worldwide flood, they were wrong. Is that what you mean?

You just claimed that, yourself. You're wrong too
Were they? Or is it your characterization of their allegorical account that is wrong.

I mean after all, you know the extent of the globe. They didn’t. It seems to me that you are the one who has failed to place the account in its proper context. They placed it in the only context they knew.
So, your big, hilarious attempt to "do the math" was off by a factor of a million.

Your only other premise is a lie and a repeated misrepresentation of the article.

Yet here you are, still going. No shame, no accountability. It's all there for everyone to see. Carry on.

Wow, but you know all those people all over the world were wrong and you're right. How?
What did I say they were wrong about, specifically? Yes, if anyone who was alive 8000 years ago claimed a worldwide flood, they were wrong. Is that what you mean?

You just claimed that, yourself. You're wrong too
Were they? Or is it your characterization of their allegorical account that is wrong.

I mean after all, you know the extent of the globe. They didn’t. It seems to me that you are the one who has failed to place the account in its proper context. They placed it in the only context they knew.
So, your big, hilarious attempt to "do the math" was off by a factor of a million.
Your only other premise is a lie and a repeated misrepresentation of the article.

Yet here you are, still going. No shame, no accountability. It's all there for everyone to see. Carry on.
Ummm, first of all it was misstated in the article. secondly it was off by one thousand not a million.

You dismissing a peer reviewed published scientific paper is all that needs to be said.

Is there no end to your faggotry?

Ummm, first of all it was misstated in the article.
Hahahaha

Okay, ding. Gotcha. So, all this time you have been lying about what was in the article, it's because the article got it wrong.

Ding, you're embarrassing yourself.

Ummm, first of all it was misstated in the article.
Hahahaha

Okay, ding. Gotcha. So, all this time you have been lying about what was in the article, it's because the article got it wrong.

Ding, you're embarrassing yourself.
No. This is you being dishonest again. There are two things; a peer reviewed scientific paper and an article about the peer reviewed scientific paper. The team of scientists that discovered the crater calculated the energy of the impact and the volume of ice that was vaporized. The article misstated the energy of the impact but correctly stated the volume of ice vaporized. Lastly if you take the energy of the impact that is stated in the peer reviewed published scientific paper and calculated how much ice would be vaporized from the impact you get the volume of 1500 gigatons of ice.

So please stop being dishonest.

A Christian is anyone who believes that God loved man so much that he chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and suffer death to reconcile justice with mercy.

I just want to testify that you are wrong.

A Christian is anyone who believes that God loved man so much that he chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and suffer death to reconcile justice with mercy.

Ok. Which part do you disagree with?

John 3:16?

John 18:37?

God suffering death to reconcile justice with mercy?

What do you believe a Christian is?

You have to ask yourself those questions. I think you have no source for your religion; it doesn't exactly fit Catholicism. Do you think John 3:16 is metaphor?

A Christian believes in Jesus, tries to learn, and follow his teachings. He believes in finding the narrow gate and door of Jesus; this is metaphor.

"Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

You didn't even give credit, thanks, nor any mention to our creator and savior.

You have to ask yourself those questions. I think you have no source for your religion; it doesn't exactly fit Catholicism. Do you think John 3:16 is metaphor?

A Christian believes in Jesus, tries to learn, and follow his teachings. He believes in finding the narrow gate and door of Jesus; this is metaphor.

"Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

You didn’t answer the question. What does one have to believe to be a Christian.

I say he must believe God loved man so much that he chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth. That’s straight from John 3:16 and John 18:37. And a Christian must also believe that God himself suffered death for our sins. That’s God reconciling justice with mercy.

I’m still waiting for what you think it means to believe Jesus is the way because I don’t believe you know what that means. You might as well be a militant atheist because you sure as hell behave like one.

You didn’t answer the question. What does one have to believe to be a Christian.

I say he must believe God loved man so much that he chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth. That’s straight from John 3:16 and John 18:37. And a Christian must also believe that God himself suffered death for our sins. That’s God reconciling justice with mercy.

I’m still waiting for what you think it means to believe Jesus is the way because I don’t believe you know what that means. You might as well be a militant atheist because you sure as hell behave like one.

Are you that far off from being a Christian? Even a Catholic? They abide by the Apostle's creed while Christians go by the Nicene creed. I answered the question and it's what God said for us to do.

You do not have a source, so that is where you have to start to repent. Like I said, people will believe what they want to believe.

Are you that far off from being a Christian? Even a Catholic? They abide by the Apostle's creed while Christians go by the Nicene creed. I answered the question and it's what God said for us to do.

You do not have a source, so that is where you have to start to repent. Like I said, people will believe what they want to believe.
You didn’t answer it. What does it mean that Jesus is the way?

I did answer, but I don't think you understood. I don't know how much more I can explain because you base your faith on Catholicism. I went to parochial school like the footbal QB Tom Brady and like him rebelled against it. In that sense, we have a common background. We both bad kids and did bad things due to rebelling against the school and church. That and growing up playing sports in middle school and high school. Mine was baseball and basketball. His was baseball and football. It was based on a lot of guilt. Thus, if someone mentions WCAL league (western Catholic athletic league), then I know what they are talking about. I also have a basic knowledge of Catholicism from it. Where you would know more is the Cathecism doctrine. However, the rest of what you state isn't from Catholicism or its dogma. I think the Apostle's creed should be what you base your faith upon; I don't think you have this. Thus, I'm not really qualified to teach what you should know or be a source for your religious beliefs or know where to find them. I don't think you know about the history behind the RCC. You didn't know the significance of 70 AD. I don't know how the Catholics use the Bible, but I think it's different from the fundamentalist Protestants. The Catholics use the rosary, the sign of the cross, and do the stations of the cross. For example, if one hears an ambulance, then do the sign of the cross as silent prayer for those in need of emergency services. They have the seven sacraments and their communion is the Holy Eucharist.

Apostle's creed:
the-apostles-creed-new.png

I remember reciting this ad infinitum as an elementary school pupil. Brady would've gone through the same thing. This is what makes you of Catholic faith.

Your church was founded by Peter, but I don't think you even follow this nor Pope Francis. Thus, while you have some kind of philosophy, I don't think it's really based on Catholicism. Just bits and pieces and then stuff from China (?), and your own philosophical or spiritual beliefs. I would know if you were a devout Catholic because then you would be giving me lessons on Catholicism. It's interesting to talk with a true Catholic who went through what I went through and is now an adult. It's much more formal and strict. However, the church has money, their cathedrals are huge, and they still have the most power and influence in the Christian world.

Nicene creed

POS_15_Nicene_Creed_12x16__98798.1460380403.jpg

The Protestants are more sola scriptura or Bible based. We have Jesus as the creator of the universe, Earth, and six days of creation. God the Father is the architect. His son did the actual work. You might notice the word Catholic, but it does not refer to the Catholic church. It's the universal holy church. I think it is same meaning in Apostle's creed. The Protestants split from the RCC because of it's heavy handedness. See Martin Luther.

That said, the Catholics may believe in the Nicene Creed today. I dunno. Do they use both? If so, then disregard the above. It may have changed or I don't remember exactly what I was reciting lol.

Last edited:

I did answer, but I don't think you understood. I don't know how much more I can explain because you base your faith on Catholicism. I went to parochial school like the footbal QB Tom Brady and like him rebelled against it. In that sense, we have a common background. We both bad kids and did bad things due to rebelling against the school and church. That and growing up playing sports in middle school and high school. Mine was baseball and basketball. His was baseball and football. It was based on a lot of guilt. Thus, if someone mentions WCAL league (western Catholic athletic league), then I know what they are talking about. I also have a basic knowledge of Catholicism from it. Where you would know more is the Cathecism doctrine. However, the rest of what you state isn't from Catholicism or its dogma. I think the Apostle's creed should be what you base your faith upon; I don't think you have this. Thus, I'm not really qualified to teach what you should know or be a source for your religious beliefs or know where to find them. I don't think you know about the history behind the RCC. You didn't know the significance of 70 AD. I don't know how the Catholics use the Bible, but I think it's different from the fundamentalist Protestants. The Catholics use the rosary, the sign of the cross, and do the stations of the cross. For example, if one hears an ambulance, then do the sign of the cross as silent prayer for those in need of emergency services. They have the seven sacraments and their communion is the Holy Eucharist.

Apostle's creed:
the-apostles-creed-new.png

I remember reciting this ad infinitum as an elementary school pupil. Brady would've gone through the same thing. This is what makes you of Catholic faith.

Your church was founded by Peter, but I don't think you even follow this nor Pope Francis. Thus, while you have some kind of philosophy, I don't think it's really based on Catholicism. Just bits and pieces and then stuff from China (?), and your own philosophical or spiritual beliefs. I would know if you were a devout Catholic because then you would be giving me lessons on Catholicism. It's interesting to talk with a true Catholic who went through what I went through and is now an adult. It's much more formal and strict. However, the church has money, their cathedrals are huge, and they still have the most power and influence in the Christian world.

Nicene creed

POS_15_Nicene_Creed_12x16__98798.1460380403.jpg

The Protestants are more sola scriptura or Bible based. We have Jesus as the creator of the universe, Earth, and six days of creation. God the Father is the architect. His son did the actual work. You might notice the word Catholic, but it does not refer to the Catholic church. It's the universal holy church. I think it is same meaning in Apostle's creed. The Protestants split from the RCC because of it's heavy handedness. See Martin Luther.

That said, the Catholics may believe in the Nicene Creed today. I dunno. Do they use both? If so, then disregard the above. It may have changed or I don't remember exactly what I was reciting lol.
That’s dogma so to speak. To me the thing that makes people a Christian is believing that God loved man so much that through the Holy Spirit he was born into this world as the person of Jesus Christ to testify to the truth and he suffered death on our behalf to pay for our sins to reconcile justice with mercy. That encapsulates the apostles creed and the nicene creed.

The dogma is sola scriptura and sola fide. Your Catholicism wants works included and more, so our Catholicism vs. Protestantism are different. Bottom line for both of us is the creed is what we believe in and what we have faith in. You can use it to compare to JW, Mormons, Christian Scientists to see that they do not follow it. I print out the Nicene Creed and give it to JW who come to the door and then leave me alone. I'll talk to them though if they seem interesting. Ofc, the atheists are even further off. It goes to show Satan put false teachers in their churches and atheists were led to their "wide gate" with evolution or Satan's Antibible.

The dogma is sola scriptura and sola fide. Your Catholicism wants works included and more, so our Catholicism vs. Protestantism are different. Bottom line for both of us is the creed is what we believe in and what we have faith in. You can use it to compare to JW, Mormons, Christian Scientists to see that they do not follow it. I print out the Nicene Creed and give it to JW who come to the door and then leave me alone. I'll talk to them though if they seem interesting. Ofc, the atheists are even further off. It goes to show Satan put false teachers in their churches and atheists were led to their "wide gate" with evolution or Satan's Antibible.
That’s not my take. My take is that we believe everything is through the grace of God and as we progress in our walk with God the fabric of our identity will change for the better and as the fabric of our identity changes we will produce better fruit (works) such that the fruit we produce is confirmation that we walk with God.

conversely if we make the claim that we walk with God and there are no external signs (works) then we haven’t really changed and our words are just lip service.

so what I have just written is nothing like your perception of what my faith taught me.

Mind you works are not necessarily charity. In fact, although that is a part of it, it’s only a small part of it.

The Greek word for repent is "metanoia." Metanoia means to change your mind. Our thoughts, the flow of consciousness which determines our behaviors, can change. Metanoia has to do with moral activity, but goes beyond that. Jesus was teaching that we could change our mind about how we treat people. We don’t have to be unforgiving and cynical. We can change our mind about being negative. We can think positive thoughts and walk in faith instead of doubt. We can change our minds about sin. Rather than being caught in the strongholds of consistent habits of lust or selfishness, for example, we can experience freedom and selflessness. Jesus would not have told us to change unless it was possible and attainable. The Bible is full of words that speak about change. Repentance, metamorphosis, transformation, conversion, resurrection, rebirth, renewal, regeneration, healing and transfiguration.

these are the works that prove we walk in faith rather than pay lip service to God.

So what? Is Yahweh a moody 13 year old girl begging for compliments on Snapchat?
Those behaviors aren’t for him, they are for us.

you have no clue about any of this but you are certain that you do. Such that you never even consider you could be wrong.

only people that consider they can be wrong will learn new things. Your mind is closed and it shows in these debates.

That’s not my take. My take is that we believe everything is through the grace of God and as we progress in our walk with God the fabric of our identity will change for the better and as the fabric of our identity changes we will produce better fruit (works) such that the fruit we produce is confirmation that we walk with God.

conversely if we make the claim that we walk with God and there are no external signs (works) then we haven’t really changed and our words are just lip service.

so what I have just written is nothing like your perception of what my faith taught me.

So, what makes you different from JW, Christian Scientists, and Mormons? Those people sacrifice much of their lives to do good. If you go by sola scriptura and sola fide, then salvation isn't tied to works. Otherwise a good atheist may be able to qualify for heaven. The way it works is once you have the sincere faith as per the creed, then the Holy Spirit reveals himself to you and Jesus comes into your heart. I doubt that this has happened for you. You become born again. You asked me what John 3:16 and John 14:6 meant. Those are God's one commandment.

Thus, good luck to you with your beliefs. Only you can repent and then be able to find the way, the truth, and the life. It is tied to the metaphor of the narrow gate and door.

I wouldn't think the Catholics would understand everything that you state and what a Christian is. I understand what you are saying, but to me it appears that Satan has put a false teacher as you to get you to believe what you do. I can understand if you don't listen to the Protestants like me, but it's hard to figure out what you represent and what your source is if it doesn't follow Catholicism either. I explained what I could in a brief post. It's a lot of things that normally happen over time as one becomes a church member. It's the religion part.

ETA: I apologize as this isn't the place for religion to other forum members, but I think it's better you get something to ground your faith in than nothing. Someone told me that I should focus on the believers instead of the atheists, and I've repented and am trying to follow that way of thinking. The atheists are for creation vs. evolution and not for religion. They already wrongly claim creation science is religion.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back