Is it possible that the allegorical account of a great flood is true?

Again, you keep misstating my argument
False. You clearly lied about 1500 gigatons of water going into the atmosphere. This was pointed out to you. So, you lied again, because that's what religious goobers using faith do. What else can you do? You have no evidence or good theory.

Did you just say there is no need to do calculations?
No, you embarrassing fraud, I said there is no need for ME to do them. The career scientists, including the ones in your article do them. You can follow links to their paper and see them.

Goddamn son, these are simple English sentences, try to follow...
Career scientists did do the calculation. You are shitting all over their calculation.

and for the record you can’t do the calculation. I can.

False. You clearly lied about 1500 gigatons of water going into the atmosphere. This was pointed out to you. So, you lied again, because that's what religious goobers using faith do. What else can you do? You have no evidence or good theory.
Where do you believe water that is vaporized goes, idiot?

holy fuck, their argument is that this event caused a global climate change. Are you so dense that you cannot understand how that would happen unless all that moisture went into the atmosphere.

Last edited:
There’s a video on YouTube that shows the linkage to the climate change.

Let's tuck ding in for the night. No, don't worry people, he will come back tomorrow and repeat the same lies.

1 Gt (gigatonne) = 1.1023 GT (gigaton) = the mass of one cubic km of water.

So, 1500 GT = 1360.79 Gt. I.E, the mass of 1360.79 cubic kilometers of water. So, let's imagine a 1360.79 square kilometers area of water that is 1 km thick.

The surface area of the Earth's oceans is 361.9 million square kilometers.

(361.9 million) ÷ (1360.79) = 265,948.

So, the ocean level rise resulting from the INSTANT addition of 1500 GT of water is 1/265.948 of a meter. About 1/3 of a centimeter. In other words, a guy standing on the beach in Asia would not even notice.

In contrast, let's have a laugh and look at ding's "math" that says sea level rose 4 km:

(4 km) * (361.9 million square km) = 1447.6 million cubic kilometers.

1447.6 million GT = 1595.7 million GT.

So, hey, he's only off by a factor of a million or so.

This is what religion can do to your brain, people.

Last edited:
Let's tuck ding in for the night. No, don't worry people, he will come back tomorrow and repeat the same lies.

1 Gt (gigatonne) = 1.1023 GT (gigaton) = the mass of one cubic km of water.

So, 1500 GT = 1360.79 Gt. I.E, the mass of 1360.79 cubic kilometers of water.

The surface area of the Earth's oceans is 361.9 million square kilometers.

(361.9 million) ÷ (1360.79) = 265,948.

So, the ocean level rise resulting from the INSTANT addition of 1500 GT of water is 1/265.948 of a meter. About 1/3 of a centimeter. In other words, a guy standing on the beach in Asia would not even notice.

In contrast, let's have a laugh and look at ding's "math" that says sea level rose 4 km:

(4 km) * (361.9 million square km) = 1447.6 million cubic kilometers.

1447.6 million GT = 1595.7 million GT.

So, hey, he's only off by a factor of a million or so.

Bwahahahahaha
That’s not my argument. How many times do I have to tell you that. I’m not JamesBond.

My argument is that there were flooding events all around the world. Rain comes down on land, it can’t drain off fast enough and water levels rise on land. That’s how floods work. Then it drains off to the oceans. The time required for it to drain off is directly proportional to the number of inches of rain that fell.

Mind you, This wasn’t your run of the mill flooding event. This was a climate altering event.

The fact that you keep misstating my argument tells me you have no good argument.

The fact that you try to make an argument when you have no good argument tells me that you are an idiot that has never amounted to anything and will most likely never amount to anything.

My argument is that there were flooding events all around the world.
And all at different times. Wow man, that's insightful. And so stories of deadly floods were passed down. Wow, amazing.
1500 gigatons of water vapor entered the atmosphere and you still can’t see the connection?

scientists wrote a peer reviewed paper that was published and you can’t see the linkage to a climate change event even though the scientists that did the research and published their work see the linkage?

keep making your argument. I’m happy enough to bury you.

The team that published the paper calculated that volume. The energy they estimated is the exact energy needed to vaporize 1500 gigatons of ice.

you are literally arguing with scientists that published a peer reviewed published paper.

Yet a great flood is common in all of them.
All? Now you're making stuff up.

And I am curious how a culture that didn't even know people 3000 miles away existed can know there is a "great flood".

Let me guess...they also also have myths of a great, global lightning event?

How about those stories of the great, global cloudy day?

Heh heh

Because the whole world flooded, dumbass. Almost all written histories document it.

Everybody that could write worldwide documented it 5-6K years ago, but you know better, amirite? Because somebody told you you're wicked smaht. Maybe.

Last edited:
My argument is that there were flooding events all around the world.
And all at different times. Wow man, that's insightful. And so stories of deadly floods were passed down. Wow, amazing.

Wow, but you know all those people all over the world were wrong and you're right. How?

As far as different times? No. All the history points to approximately 5k years ago.

Wow, but you know all those people all over the world were wrong and you're right. How?
What did I say they were wrong about, specifically? Yes, if anyone who was alive 8000 years ago claimed a worldwide flood, they were wrong. Is that what you mean?

You just claimed that, yourself. You're wrong, too.

What did I say they were wrong about, specifically? Yes, if anyone who was alive 8000 years ago claimed a worldwide flood, they were wrong. Is that what you mean?

You just claimed that, yourself. You're wrong too
Were they? Or is it your characterization of their allegorical account that is wrong.

I mean after all, you know the extent of the globe. They didn’t. It seems to me that you are the one who has failed to place the account in its proper context. They placed it in the only context they knew.

Forum List

Back