Zone1 Is it okay for a man to strike a woman back under these circumstances?

careful boy... :D
i studied kung fu since the age of 6, am now 46.5, and i studied nin-jitsu for over 3 years.
it's come in handy during semi-violent encounters in the streets of Amsterdam.

you know, those encounters where the police wasn't nearby enough :)

Boy?

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

This is a short video, so you can watch it till the end. Not watching it to the end will not give context.
In this video this woman smacked this man - hard - and then he provides her the "opportunity" (depending on how you see it)
to apologize for hitting him.
She doesn't. And he hits her back (open hand - about as hard as she hit him)
What say you?

As for me, I was in a similar situation about 35 years ago. A former girlfriend was angry with me because I refused to take her to a party after a concert we went to. She proceeded to start smacking me like a drum. And hard.
I did not hit her back, but I grabbed hold of her and threw her 3-4 feet in the air to get her away from me. At that point, she was smart enough to stop. So my answer would be no. I do not believe a man should hit a woman, even if he hits her.

I can't defend her.

Good observations.

Thanks. Once when I boarded a plane there was someone sitting in my seat, and I said - politely of course - that ”I think you’re sitting in my seat.” She said ”I switched because I want to sit next to my husband.” (Nervy, huh?”) I answered “but you can’t just take someone…..”

I was interrupted by the flight attendant, who had arrived there. Took about 8 seconds. They are trained to intervene promptly, before trouble starts.

This is a short video, so you can watch it till the end. Not watching it to the end will not give context.
In this video this woman smacked this man - hard - and then he provides her the "opportunity" (depending on how you see it)
to apologize for hitting him.
She doesn't. And he hits her back (open hand - about as hard as she hit him)
What say you?

As for me, I was in a similar situation about 35 years ago. A former girlfriend was angry with me because I refused to take her to a party after a concert we went to. She proceeded to start smacking me like a drum. And hard.
I did not hit her back, but I grabbed hold of her and threw her 3-4 feet in the air to get her away from me. At that point, she was smart enough to stop. So my answer would be no. I do not believe a man should hit a woman, even if he hits her.

Is it okay for a man to strike a woman back under these circumstances?​

No. It is never okay for a man to strike a woman. Yes, I saw the whole thing. The sound convinced me that the velocity that his hit on her a lot harder than she hit him. Furthermore, it was two against one. That is total cowardice imho.

Oh, and I forgot to say it: "eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww!!!!!! "

Last edited:
I don't put my hands on others and require that they don't either. If they disregard this, all bets are off.
Anger.jpg

Yep. It is a women's lib kind of action. If you are going to dish it out to a man, there is no need to whine when they give it back.
But he didn’t just give it back. He laid into her with such force that she practically hit the ground.

Is it okay for a man to strike a woman back under these circumstances?​

No. It is never okay for a man to strike a woman. Yes, I saw the whole thing. The sound convinced me that the velocity that his hit on her a lot harder than she hit him. Furthermore, it was two against one. That is total cowardice imho.

Oh, and I forgot to say it: "eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww!!!!!! "
Some would say that if you don't want to get hit, don't hit in the first place.

Forum List

Back