Is it ok to keep quiet about my Christianity?

I always wondered why Jewish people were so hated. In my lifetime, I was told "because they killed Jesus" and for a long time..I thought that made sense. But then...Jesus was a Jew himself. So...it didn't make sense. All this time, they are still persecuted. Why, I asked myself again. Then a dim light began to sputter over my head. Maybe they were/are hated due to....are ya ready for this off the wall idea.....jealousy?
Now before anyone gets all peeved, think about it for a sec.
They are continually referred to as "Gods Chosen People". Well....wouldn't that make non jews feel left out? Like...."what about the rest of your children? We are not jewish. Don't you love us as well? And if so, why do you continue to refer to Jews as "the chosen"? Do you continue to call them that because they still deny Jesus was the savior? And if so...does that fall in line with a parents love for the wayward child, the stubborn child, the willful child instead of the child that follows the rules, is good, does as told and doesn't question anything? Why would God have a chosen people when we are ALL supposed to be his children yet the favoritism is for...Jews.

So could this hate be from that? Jealousy?

Jewish people were chosen BEFORE the coming of Jesus Christ.
After that because they rejected Him, we ALL are chosen.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.

The confusion arises because of the references in the Old Testament.
There is no place in the Old Testament, to my knowledge, in which God gives up on theJews to select a new chosen people.
There are His people - for eternity.
The Jews were selected as God's chosen people only after the Torah was offered to the other 69 nations - who all refused the Torah.
In a sense, God selected his chosen people by default.
Jews are to be a light unto the world.
Gentiles, the same.
Jews are to observe 613 commandments; Gentiles are to observe 7.
We all have our parts to play in spreading the light of God's word.
Don Levit

am I talking about Old testament?
No, obviously I am not if I am referring to Jesus Christ and the rejection of Him by the Jews - after which ( rejection) the Jesus Christ followers became the chosen ones.

Weaving and witnessing? What is that?

Witnessing is the synonym of preaching the Word, or witnessing the Jesus Christ.

I don't know what weaving means ( except the direct meaning).

I always wondered why Jewish people were so hated. In my lifetime, I was told "because they killed Jesus" and for a long time..I thought that made sense. But then...Jesus was a Jew himself. So...it didn't make sense. All this time, they are still persecuted. Why, I asked myself again. Then a dim light began to sputter over my head. Maybe they were/are hated due to....are ya ready for this off the wall idea.....jealousy?
They are continually referred to as "Gods Chosen People". Well....wouldn't that make non jews feel left out? Like...."what about the rest of your children? We are not jewish. Don't you love us as well? And if so, why do you continue to refer to Jews as "the chosen"? Do you continue to call them that because they still deny Jesus was the savior? And if so...does that fall in line with a parents love for the wayward child, the stubborn child, the willful child instead of the child that follows the rules, is good, does as told and doesn't question anything? Why would God have a chosen people when we are ALL supposed to be his children yet the favoritism is for...Jews.

Did you understand what the black NYC council person meant when she justified black knockout attacks on Jews because they were successful?

?
Guess I missed that.

After I posted that, I figured I knew what witnessing was. Weaving, I presume, is witnessing but in a way that is not....thumping (insistence) and done in an easy going manner where it doesn't seem like witnessing?

Last edited:
After I posted that, I figured I knew what witnessing was. Weaving, I presume, it witnessing but in a way that is not....thumping?

:)

witnessing can be calm as well.

although I rarely have patience to listen

Nah, I think the Jews were most likely hated because they always seem to do well in business, are able to acquire a lot of money. Every Jew I have ever known has been wealthy.

They are continually referred to as "Gods Chosen People". Well....wouldn't that make non jews feel left out? Like...."what about the rest of your children? We are not jewish. Don't you love us as well?
They were the "chosen people" - mostly because as the years went by, very few of the people continued praying and worshipping God. Abraham was chosen as the first Patriarch because of his faithfulness. But, we (non-Jews) don't feel left out, because when the Jews rejected Jesus, God extended his family to include Gentiles (non-Jews), which was the plan all along.

And if so, why do you continue to refer to Jews as "the chosen"? Do you continue to call them that because they still deny Jesus was the savior?
They will always be known as "the chosen" - but many Jews have accepted Jesus. The Bible teaches that you can only get to the Father through Jesus....so those Jews who rejected him may be out of luck, or God could choose to provide a way for them......if He so wanted.

And if so...does that fall in line with a parents love for the wayward child, the stubborn child, the willful child instead of the child that follows the rules, is good, does as told and doesn't question anything? Why would God have a chosen people when we are ALL supposed to be his children yet the favoritism is for...Jews.
From the very beginning, God was with Adam and Eve, they had children and passed on their knowledge and love of God to them. As time went on (much like today) some members of the family stopped passing on the stories, and their offspring stopped believing in God. Abraham (who was not known as a Jew, because the term had not been created yet), still believed, still obeyed, still had faith. I believe that is why God chose him as the very beginning of "God's People" - who later became known as Jews (from the tribe of Judah).

Hate can come from many different sources.....fear, distrust, jealousy, and ignorance....It could be any or all.

If you think it is ok to publicly deny your religious belief when questioned you should Join Islam. One is forsaken until they repent if they deny the belief they have in Jesus and God.

One can be forgiven for doing it.

I deny my religious beliefs when asked. If I told my friends and family I was a Muslim they'd never speak to me again.

Sometimes, you have no choice but to keep your beliefs to yourself. It works for me.

You are ALL still gonna die. In pain, alone. Shhh... Don’t tell anyone. God?…Hmm. A lot of good this crap does. Really. Worshiping or mocking, a waste of time, kiddos. You die, game over. BZZZT.

in my opinion.....

it is annoying as hell listening to ANYONE go on about what ever it is they believe in.....

think of it like second hand smoke.......

I have an aunt who infuses God into almost every sentence. God willing, God's grace, God's will, Our Lord, etc. God is apparently sitting on her shoulder and overseeing every tiny aspect of her daily life. If the gravy is lumpy it is Gods' will. Tomorrow he will make it smooth. It is very annoying. I keep my beliefs to myself. I think they are personal. I wish others felt the same way about theirs.

Last edited:
If you think it is ok to publicly deny your religious belief when questioned you should Join Islam. One is forsaken until they repent if they deny the belief they have in Jesus and God.

One can be forgiven for doing it.

I deny my religious beliefs when asked. If I told my friends and family I was a Muslim they'd never speak to me again.

Sometimes, you have no choice but to keep your beliefs to yourself. It works for me.

o child...i am a pagan and a witch in the bible belt married to the son of a preacher man......and yes i deal with just plain out crazy stuff.....things that have been said to me....."get right with god girl, you are going to hell" and such......i still am who and what i am....but i have had a lot more practice at this life...and i do remember when i was young and not so brave ....in a much less harsher world...

Forum List

Back