Is it legal to make things up about political enemies?

DustyInfinity

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2018
Midwest
I don't know much about libel and slander, but doesn't there come a point where a line is crossed? I'll give examples based on degree. As a republican, I am used to republican candidates being called racist or anti-woman. An example would be the war on women campaign against Romney. Again, I'm used to this, and I get it. The next step would be Harry Reid saying Romney didn't pay taxes. I'm having a harder time with this. How is this okay? Reid just laughed and said it worked. We also have constant lines of female accusers trotted out late into many campaigns. Many of these women are being paid, and after the election, they disappear. They took out Herman Cain this way. Is that legal? Now we have the Clinton campaign creating fake intelligence reports? Holy Cow. How can that be legal? I must also point out the rigged DNC primary. When do political attacks cross the line into illegal behavior? Should republicans start coming out with fake reports saying democrats are cannibals who torture puppies? Would that be entirely okay?

I don't know much about libel and slander, but doesn't there come a point where a line is crossed? I'll give examples based on degree. As a republican, I am used to republican candidates being called racist or anti-woman. An example would be the war on women campaign against Romney. Again, I'm used to this, and I get it. The next step would be Harry Reid saying Romney didn't pay taxes. I'm having a harder time with this. How is this okay? Reid just laughed and said it worked. We also have constant lines of female accusers trotted out late into many campaigns. Many of these women are being paid, and after the election, they disappear. They took out Herman Cain this way. Is that legal? Now we have the Clinton campaign creating fake intelligence reports? Holy Cow. How can that be legal? I must also point out the rigged DNC primary. When do political attacks cross the line into illegal behavior? Should republicans start coming out with fake reports saying democrats are cannibals who torture puppies? Would that be entirely okay?
Only at TRUMPWORLD

Legal, don't know. but the mounting piles of total BS put out by all sides is tearing our country apart.

It's illegal if you give it to a judge to get a warrant to spy on someone.

How about a President whose speeches are rated in lies per minute.
I get it, you hate Trump, but I think you are missing the point. Trump never accused Hillary of molesting children or Schumer of being a coke addict. This is purely a democrat mo. Reid was proud of his bs. Anything to win right? You have to break a few eggs to get you authoritarian paradise with Pelosi at the top and all of her dependent little people.

Now we have the Clinton campaign creating fake intelligence reports?
You are woefully uninformed!!!

Well if that's true, then it's pretty hard to get informed when you have Democrats trying any stunt possible to keep all this information from the public. And when something does come out, they simply call it a lie with no evidence whatsoever.

Since this is just the start, look for Democrat leaders to continue to keep new information from getting to the voters, and keep calling all evidence lies.

At this stage of the game, it's comparable to "I did not have sex with that woman..............................Mz Lewinsky." But the stained dress is in the lurking in the shadows. So if you're going to peddle anything, make sure your bike has a back peddle feature on it.

As Karen Carpenter once famously sang: We've Only Just Begun.

Politics is an ugly business, always has been, always will be. What makes this situation so different is that it appears the FBI used unreliable and unverified information produced by one political party against another. The FBI/DOJ needs to transcend politics. We can’t have a Justice Department as a political operative. If it is proven that the FBI actions were politically motivated it will have more significance than Watergate IMO.

As public figures the Libel and Slander laws apply very differently to politicians and celebrities, as I understand it. That's why Trump has asked Congress to chsnge those laws.

Is it legal to make things up about political enemies?
If it were, They’d all be in jail

That's the problem here, none of the criminals ever go to jail. They cover for each other instead.

Hil-Liar had a private server in her broom closet with minimal protection she was keeping government information on--classified or confidential information. She was subpoenaed by the US Congress for all material on that server, but she just erased it instead and even had it bleach bitted.

Not only was she not indicted on that and other things, she got to run for President to boot. And now we are just starting to get new information about her nefarious activities trying to win the presidency.

Nobody goes to jail--nobody even charged. This is what we the voters are sick of.

The weaponizing of the "intelligence community" leads directly to Barry Hussaine Obama.
Poor mentally ill loon
pot_kettle.jpg

Forum List

Back