Is It Just Me Or Is It "Surprising" That Young People Today Are Dying Like Old People?

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
I seem to read more and more articles like this, but do not get answers to questions like was this a genetic cause? Or what were they eating and drinking? What were their lifestyles like?

10735094-6785817-Heartbreaking_Lotte_van_der_Zee_s_parents_broke_the_news_of_her_-m-36_1552038902136.jpg

Surely, it can't be due to drinking too much Red Bull and eating meat or whatever that's bad for you?

"A former Miss Teen Universe has died after suffering a heart attack the day before her 20th birthday.

Dutch model Lotte van der Zee suddenly fell ill while on a family skiing trip in Westendorf, Austria, to celebrate her big day.

The beauty queen from Enschede, east Netherlands, who won the global pageant in 2017, died on Wednesday after two weeks in a coma."

The doctors had to induce the coma in order to give them a chance to save her.

Miss Teen Universe dies after suffering a heart attack one day before her 20th birthday | Daily Mail Online

Seems like when people give a cause of death, if this super young woman won a Miss Teen Universe recently and died due to taking a drug, it could trigger a host of teen suicides worldwide. So they just called it a heart attack, and let it go at that.

I agree there are problems young people are facing with drugs these days, and some of them are highly fatal, like fentanyl. Our family lost a nephew to some opiod drug a couple of years ago, and it was very hard on my sister to deal with that. Happy dreams. It's late here! 'Night.

I seem to read more and more articles like this, but do not get answers to questions like was this a genetic cause? Or what were they eating and drinking? What were their lifestyles like?

10735094-6785817-Heartbreaking_Lotte_van_der_Zee_s_parents_broke_the_news_of_her_-m-36_1552038902136.jpg

Surely, it can't be due to drinking too much Red Bull and eating meat or whatever that's bad for you?

"A former Miss Teen Universe has died after suffering a heart attack the day before her 20th birthday.

Dutch model Lotte van der Zee suddenly fell ill while on a family skiing trip in Westendorf, Austria, to celebrate her big day.

The beauty queen from Enschede, east Netherlands, who won the global pageant in 2017, died on Wednesday after two weeks in a coma."

Miss Teen Universe dies after suffering a heart attack one day before her 20th birthday | Daily Mail Online
It's just you.

No. The photo speaks volumes to me.

What if she had a bad heart? Many people I have known have died already, and here I am. Heart attacks, ODs, cancer. 10 years ago, a guy 2 years younger than me died of a heart attack.

Only the good die young.

What if she had a bad heart? Many people I have known have died already, and here I am. Heart attacks, ODs, cancer. 10 years ago, a guy 2 years younger than me died of a heart attack.

Only the good die young.
Don't know about the what if, MM. Just looking at the photo of this wonderful young woman that passed.

My older brother was hit with rheumatic fever when he was 10. He went on to become a drunk and drug addict whose daughter didn't speak to him. But I was amazed that he made it to 60 and he got put into a Medicaid home. I assume he's dead by now given his life-style but I never did like hanging with him

I agree there are problems young people are facing with drugs these days, and some of them are highly fatal, like fentanyl. Our family lost a nephew to some opiod drug a couple of years ago, and it was very hard on my sister to deal with that. Happy dreams. It's late here! 'Night.

Yup, fetanyl and opiods are a major problem. Just go to Central Park in NYC in the evening and see young people being zombie-like in search of relief. None of these questions get answered tho. We are just presented with something that could be a problem or not. I'm just "surprised" of young people getting old people's ailments.

Here's another article. This person did not die, and I don't want to overstate the dangers, as he will probably be able to continue his career and live a normal life. However, a second blood clot and all of it comes tumbling down.

"Lakers' Brandon Ingram likely out for season due to blood clot in arm originally appeared on nbcsportsboston.com

The Los Angeles Lakers' dwindling playoff hopes got a significant blow Saturday.

DVT is a blood clot usually found in veins deep within the body. It can lead to serious health problems -- blood clots essentially forced Chris Bosh into retirement two years ago -- and Ingram will need to treat it by taking blood-thinning medication, which he can't play on."

Lakers' Brandon Ingram likely out for season due to blood clot in arm

If I had to guess I'd lean to susbstance abuse and more sedentary lifestyles overall. Not sure if either was involved in this case(especially the second one).

If I had to guess I'd lean to susbstance abuse and more sedentary lifestyles overall. Not sure if either was involved in this case(especially the second one).

Yes, this is the I hate to say normal, but what most people think happens when young people die. It could be suicide, drugs, unhealthy relationships, taking too many risks thinking they're invincible, etc. But these are cases where they get old people's symptoms and what they die of, usually a heart attack, stroke or cancer. We get young people die of cancer, too. So, is this a trend? Are medical researchers and doctors studying it? I don't want to jump to conclusions, but it does seem something new. If it is, then what's causing it?

Forum List

Back